Texas Fishing Forum

Up early and ready to go but partner says...

Posted By: Bruce Allen

Up early and ready to go but partner says... - 08/17/19 10:52 AM

I have the [censored] and you'll have to go alone. What would you do?

1. get on the TFF and complain?

2 head out to the ramp alone? I hate getting my feet wet to start a day of fishing.

3. decide to spend the day watching WFN

4 play a computer game?

5 pay some bills?

6 go back to bed like she did?

7??
Posted By: buda13

Re: Up early and ready to go but partner says... - 08/17/19 10:56 AM

Get out there!! Its hot and the waters warm, wear some darn flip flops and go stick some toads. Thats exactly what I'd be doing.... if I wasn't at work. bang
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Up early and ready to go but partner says... - 08/17/19 11:21 AM

Definitely go fishing
My fishing buddy works on Saturdays now

I’ve been getting my feet wet since December
Posted By: herbsteiner

Re: Up early and ready to go but partner says... - 08/17/19 11:22 AM

It's 6:20 on Saturday morning. Got the call at 10pm last night. It's his loss. By 10am the lake will be crazy with ski-boats. So I'm going out and sticking to my marina's cove where there's plenty of docks and rocks, and all boats are on best no-wake behavior.
Posted By: JBranham

Re: Up early and ready to go but partner says... - 08/17/19 02:57 PM

GO! His or Her loss.

I like fishing alone more most of the time than with a partner.
Posted By: MathGeek

Re: Up early and ready to go but partner says... - 08/17/19 04:53 PM

[Linked Image]

Does this clear things up?

80-90% of the time, I fish with buddies. But when they say no, I still go.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Up early and ready to go but partner says... - 08/17/19 05:11 PM

You already did number 1
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Up early and ready to go but partner says... - 08/17/19 06:34 PM

Go to the strip club, day dances are discounted
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Up early and ready to go but partner says... - 08/17/19 07:21 PM

Why would you get your feet wet?

Id tell him to s hit off the side of the boat and take some imodium.
Posted By: adchunts

Re: Up early and ready to go but partner says... - 08/17/19 07:52 PM

I’ve fished solo for most of the last 35 years. If someone was going and canceled, I’d still go. Might go to a different location, as there are a few spots that are easier to launch and retrieve with two people.

I learned a long time ago to not depend too heavily on other people.
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Up early and ready to go but partner says... - 08/17/19 09:26 PM

I fish solo most of the time so I say go.
Posted By: JCHANDLER

Re: Up early and ready to go but partner says... - 08/17/19 09:38 PM

Option #2. I normally fish by myself anyway. No schedule to meet/wait or where to fish.
Posted By: Lmgreeri

Re: Up early and ready to go but partner says... - 08/17/19 10:06 PM

When you fish from a yak this is never an issue
...and you catch bigger fish. stir

Re: Up early and ready to go but partner says... - 08/17/19 10:08 PM

took the dog for a walk around 9 AM and there was no wind. might have been a good top water bite this morning BUT talked to a guide friend who fishes the same area I do when fishing close to home and he and his clients had no fish.

Jeff when I launch alone I have to back into the water further because my Ranger sticks on the trailer and will not back off with the fenders showing at all. so I have to step in the water before going up the boat ladder.

when fishing with a partner I just have them sink the trailer and hit the brakes.

Hiya Joe, haven't heard you for a while.

Re: Up early and ready to go but partner says... - 08/17/19 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce Allen
took the dog for a walk around 9 AM and there was no wind. might have been a good top water bite this morning BUT talked to a guide friend who fishes the same area I do when fishing close to home and he and his clients had no fish.

Jeff when I launch alone I have to back into the water further because my Ranger sticks on the trailer and will not back off with the fenders showing at all. so I have to step in the water before going up the boat ladder.

when fishing with a partner I just have them sink the trailer and hit the brakes.

10 4, Just loosen your strap a few feet back in and let it start to come off then pull forward the amount you loosened the strap!! Easy peasy.

I do that or use a rope and let the boat get all the way off and pull forward pulling it up on the ramp or I walk back take the rope and pull the boat over to a dock or the bank.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Up early and ready to go but partner says... - 08/17/19 11:43 PM

Bruce, have you tried backing the boat on down, floating it and getting the bunks wet, then pulling up and undoing the strap? You should be able to back it right off. Works for my Gambler.
Posted By: elkhunter7x6

Re: Up early and ready to go but partner says... - 08/17/19 11:47 PM

I fish mainly by myself....so I would have gone
Posted By: chickenfried76

Re: Up early and ready to go but partner says... - 08/18/19 12:34 AM

Sounds like you just don’t want to fish in the heat. I fish alone 99% of the time. If I plan on going, I’m going.
Posted By: JCHANDLER

Re: Up early and ready to go but partner says... - 08/18/19 12:50 AM

Hey Bruch, many good memories with the old club. Had some health and personal issue's, but God has blessed me and see a rebound coming soon the get back on the trail again.

Re: Up early and ready to go but partner says... - 08/18/19 01:42 AM

When I go pre-fishing by myself on Tuesday I'll give it a try. Thanks
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Up early and ready to go but partner says... - 08/18/19 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by Gamblinman

Bruce, have you tried backing the boat on down, floating it and getting the bunks wet, then pulling up and undoing the strap? You should be able to back it right off. Works for my Gambler.

That is why they made ulterras. Just dump and park then call it back to you
Posted By: heybaylor

Re: Up early and ready to go but partner says... - 08/18/19 12:02 PM

"Jeff when I launch alone I have to back into the water further because my Ranger sticks on the trailer and will not back off with the fenders showing at all. so I have to step in the water before going up the boat ladder."

launch your boat, tie up your boat leave it there., go to car wash( or powerwasher ) , and get the accumulated dirt/sand out of your bunk carpet.
I like to spray a little silicon on them after that .
caution"" if you have a hotfoot and a steep ramp then your boat will want to slide back off the trailer when you let it idle.
I fish alone most of the time .

Re: Up early and ready to go but partner says... - 08/18/19 01:59 PM

thank you hey Baylor. No hot foot so it could work. The boat sat for about 2 years on the trailer outside before I bought it. Could be the problem.

actually no room for a hotfoot. we tried.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Up early and ready to go but partner says... - 08/18/19 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa

10 4, Just loosen your strap a few feet back in and let it start to come off then pull forward the amount you loosened the strap!! Easy peasy.

I do that or use a rope and let the boat get all the way off and pull forward pulling it up on the ramp or I walk back take the rope and pull the boat over to a dock or the bank.

If there is a dock use it to transfer to the boat. Just launch a little closer to the dock and walk out to the boat, back off the trailer and beach/tie off then pull the truck up.
Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Re: Up early and ready to go but partner says... - 08/18/19 09:23 PM

Thanks for this! Tried it this morning on a shallow ramp and I was able to walk down the trailer to my boat without getting my feet wet. Awesome.

Re: Up early and ready to go but partner says... - 08/18/19 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by EastTexasBassin

Thanks for this! Tried it this morning on a shallow ramp and I was able to walk down the trailer to my boat without getting my feet wet. Awesome.

Your welcome. Glad it worked.. I think Im younger than most on here at 47 but Im ALWAYS alone... This year at falcon on the county ramp that thing is sooooo flat I have to do this period.. I let out right at 6 feet of slack and pull forward then climb down my trailer carefully, its not too bad as I can walk on the spare tire etc...

But I been considering a foot wide platform bolted down one side of my trailer.
Posted By: Bigg Un

Re: Up early and ready to go but partner says... - 08/19/19 02:13 AM

The main reason i fish by myself...don't have to rely on anyone that way...

Re: Up early and ready to go but partner says... - 08/19/19 02:40 AM

This helps with loading alone.. auto latches.. actually helps with launching also, if its a deep ramp I back way in till my boat is totally afloat then walk down the dock onto the boat and release the lever..

I also went to a 4 blade prop a 3 was not pushing my boat up on well when loading.. I am sure I lost some speed but it handles hole shot etc much better.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Drotto-Automatic-boat-latch-boat-auto-latch/201889369541?hash=item2f018b4dc5:g:mAAAAOSwB-1Y7p1x
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum