Texas Fishing Forum

LAKE BRIDGEPORT CLARITY

Posted By: TWINCITY

LAKE BRIDGEPORT CLARITY - 08/16/19 06:29 PM

I have not been to Lake Bridgeport in years and was wondering what the water clarity has been like? Has the fishing been any good lately? I found that this lake can produce fish when it is hot just small ones but fish never the less. Any help before I make the drive would be appreciated.
Posted By: NTXR

Re: LAKE BRIDGEPORT CLARITY - 08/16/19 11:30 PM

Water clarity wasn't bad a few weeks ago. It should have improved since there hasn't been much rain since then. Fishing wasn't very good at all. 21 boats in our club, 1 limit weighed, and several zeros.
Posted By: Piscivore

Re: LAKE BRIDGEPORT CLARITY - 08/16/19 11:35 PM

At the bridge, I could see down about 3 feet last weekend.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: LAKE BRIDGEPORT CLARITY - 08/16/19 11:38 PM

a salesman at Cabelas told me that he and a friend have really been catching crappie and catfish in the evenings,.. fish
Posted By: forkduc

Re: LAKE BRIDGEPORT CLARITY - 08/17/19 05:31 PM

Stay away on the weekends ,if you can. The wake boats will beat you to death.
Posted By: Drodge

Re: LAKE BRIDGEPORT CLARITY - 08/17/19 06:53 PM

I’m new to the area and have been twice this month and only landed 1 bass. Pretty tough.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: LAKE BRIDGEPORT CLARITY - 08/17/19 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Drodge
I’m new to the area and have been twice this month and only landed 1 bass. Pretty tough.

I am busy with work plus boat is in the shop but get with me in a couple of weeks and I will get you some tips to help you catch a few there.
Posted By: 206champion

Re: LAKE BRIDGEPORT CLARITY - 08/17/19 09:24 PM

Drodge I have fished it for the last 3 weeks , its been tough out to say the least you can catch a few fish up around Wise co park , if you fish the main lake fish some docks with a wacky rig, I have only been catching 4/5 fish and maybe 1 keeper each time , last week I had 3 fish for 2 something 1 large mouth and 2 little spots.
Posted By: Drodge

Re: LAKE BRIDGEPORT CLARITY - 08/18/19 03:59 AM

Thanks guys!! I’ll holler at ya mark. I’m sure once it cools off things will be a little easier to figure out..... I hope.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum