Texas Fishing Forum

lowrance hds gen 3 question

Posted By: everett69

lowrance hds gen 3 question - 08/15/19 08:57 PM

i have 2 gen 3 twelves' that have been synced since 2015 I just updated the latest software on both units and now my map card only works in the unit the cards in. its like my units are not synced anymore. anyone else having issues?
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: lowrance hds gen 3 question - 08/15/19 09:54 PM

“Updates”. I got to 18.3 and stopped. Thank god.
Posted By: everett69

Re: lowrance hds gen 3 question - 08/15/19 09:57 PM

I wish I had just left it the way it was
Posted By: harvey walker

Re: lowrance hds gen 3 question - 08/17/19 12:33 PM

I updated my HDS carbon and now I have all kind of problem, like you I wish I had left it alone.
Posted By: fivebites

Re: lowrance hds gen 3 question - 08/17/19 12:37 PM

So the new to me boat has two gen3 HDS 9's and 1 HDS 12. I was just about to update them today. Can you choose which update to download or does it automatically take you to the latest?
Posted By: harvey walker

Re: lowrance hds gen 3 question - 08/17/19 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by fivebites
So the new to me boat has two gen3 HDS 9's and 1 HDS 12. I was just about to update them today. Can you choose which update to download or does it automatically take you to the latest?

I would not update them yet IMO.
Posted By: bigfishwilb

Re: lowrance hds gen 3 question - 08/18/19 09:19 AM

Isn't it sad that Lowarnce makes a great product. Expensive IMHO but that seems to be what all of them are. Then does all these updates to fix issues with their technology in them but the updates make the units fail. Seems like their should be a lemon law or something!
I've been thinking about switching to a different set of units all together. Just don't feel like giving away my very expensive functioning OK HDS9s for pennies on the dollar to get something else.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum