Texas Fishing Forum

BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster

Posted By: slim 285

BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/13/19 03:55 PM

Two weeks before and the what seems like a start up fruit jar tournament.. They decide the rules. WTH ?
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/13/19 04:09 PM

Uhhhhhhhh you ok bud?
Posted By: Barn

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/13/19 04:11 PM

Huh? hmmm

It's the same format BPT has been using all year. Just fewer anglers to start. Shotgun Round -> Elimination Round -> Knockout Round -> Championship

https://majorleaguefishing.com/feat...ategize-for-redcrest-competition-format/
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/13/19 06:02 PM

I’m so excited to see who wins....in 2021, yay!
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/13/19 07:24 PM

lol they are trying to build hype like this is bigger than the bassmaster classic and FLW forest wood cup... but is will never be that! idk but doesn't seem to be drawing much of a crowd during their weightin or whatever they call them...
Posted By: Ian Fellenbaum

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/13/19 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

They aren’t going to broadcast it live?
Posted By: buda13

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/13/19 08:10 PM

Whether you like MLF or not there is already more talk about this championship than there was about the Forest Wood Cup... posting the hateraid only keeps people more engaged and MLF on the brain.

Posted By: Barn

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/13/19 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ian Fellenbaum

Not sure what the 2021 reference is about. FLW nor BASS broadcast live on Network TV. Everything is streamed if you want to watch live or edited for a later show.

REDCREST Live Stream Schedule

Wednesday, August 21: 6:55 a.m. to 3 p.m. CDT
Thursday, August 22: 6:55 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Postgame Show at approximately 4 p.m. CDT
Friday, August 23: 6:55 a.m. to 3 p.m. CDT
Saturday, August 24: 6:55 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Postgame Show at approximately 4 p.m. CDT
Sunday, August 25: 6:55 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Postgame Show at approximately 4 p.m. CDT
Posted By: SC-001

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/13/19 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by buda13
Whether you like MLF or not there is already more talk about this championship than there was about the Forest Wood Cup... posting the hateraid only keeps people more engaged and MLF on the brain.

Somebody over there sure likes flow charts roflmao
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/13/19 08:41 PM

Let me guess.This tournament is being called the "Greatest Bass tournament on earth".
Posted By: TajChauvin

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/13/19 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Barn

Not sure what the 2021 reference is about. FLW nor BASS broadcast live on Network TV. Everything is streamed if you want to watch live or edited for a later show.

Thursday, August 22: 6:55 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Postgame Show at approximately 4 p.m. CDT
Saturday, August 24: 6:55 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Postgame Show at approximately 4 p.m. CDT
Sunday, August 25: 6:55 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Postgame Show at approximately 4 p.m. CDT

Serious question: What is REDCREST? It’s my understanding that Wheeler already won the championship.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/13/19 09:10 PM

Just someone that doesn't like BPT. They don't worry about the facts
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/13/19 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by TajChauvin

Serious question: What is REDCREST? It’s my understanding that Wheeler already won the championship.

It's all explained here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjb-KfGzzi0

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/13/19 09:36 PM

Huh? hmmm

It's the same format BPT has been using all year. Just fewer anglers to start. Shotgun Round -> Elimination Round -> Knockout Round -> Championship

They just announced the rules on August the 9th per Bass Fan. I am not looking at them goobers website. If it is on Bass Fan I will read about it.
Posted By: beartrap

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/13/19 10:05 PM

some positive aspects is that MLF/BPT has 850 hours of TV coverage per year as opposed to BASS 30-35 hours for years and FLW even less....this gives all of the MLF/BPT fishermen,not just the winners, far more TV exposure for their sponsors than they would ever have received with BASS/FLW....another positive aspect is that contestants don't have to deal with spectator boats that has affecting the outcome of every recent BASS Classic and many of the Elite series tournys…..also contestants rarely have to deal with spectator boats following and soremouthing their fish after they leave...another important point is high school and college tournaments are showing tremendous growth which is going to spur a similar increase in TV audiences...…
the reality is that bass fishing can never be a live spectator sport without adversely affecting the outcome of tournaments...
boyd duckett gets a lot of criticism but the truth is he and gary klein were smart enough to realize the only avenue of growth was by creating a tournament concept designed for TV viewership....and this concept has already proven itself as the most popular outdoor show....
Posted By: Bill Durham

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/13/19 10:21 PM

Slim.. obvious that you haven't been watching any of the MLF or BPT events..ignorance is bliss I guess.
BD

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/13/19 10:24 PM

Why does it matter that they just announced it?

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/13/19 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by slim 285

They just announced the rules on August the 9th per Bass Fan. I am not looking at them goobers website. If it is on Bass Fan I will read about it.

MLF parent company owns bassfan
Posted By: Burgerboy

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/13/19 10:52 PM

@beartrap that is not entirely true. I support all the tours, though I will say there is no doubt that MLF has exhibited some poor sportsmanship this season with choices so incredibly obvious , it makes you wonder how they thought it was a good idea ? That being said the increased coverage is nice but the reality is pretty much day in and day out the guys that got the coverage were the one's catching them. It was sold to the public and probably the anglers of increased exposure but it just does not seem to be the case. I think the numbers they put out for viewership are not totally legit but it is hard to measure. To MLF's credit I think the best thing they have done is go after and attain sponsorship from non fishing and outdoor companies (non endemic's} There is room for all three in the short term, and hopefully all three in the long term. The reality is you need the non endemic's to grow it because companies like say Daiwa or Yamaha did not increase their marketing money they simply had to redistribute from the same size pie. It is strange and I am ok with it , that if you had a bad season your entire year has been over for a month.

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/13/19 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Durham
Slim.. obvious that you haven't been watching any of the MLF or BPT events..ignorance is bliss I guess.
BD

Yea I got your ignorance my friend.. I just have no respect for the renegade’s

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/13/19 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by slim 285
Originally Posted by Bill Durham
BD

Yea I got your ignorance my friend.. I just have no respect for the renegade’s

Renegades? Yep, shame on someone for starting their own business or going to work for a better employer

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/13/19 11:31 PM

So, you MLF lovers are telling me that they are going to show who wins the championship live??? I thought they said that all these cups and championship were going to be delayed & televised in a year, is that not the case for this one too?
Posted By: Fishing on a string

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/13/19 11:51 PM

I dont watch any of it internet or tv any longer, I tried the internet watching the first 2 but can’t take the commentators.
The one guy uses his radio voice while talking and it’s just hard to listen to. Then all the bashing and duckett saying the anglers can’t go to the other expos, sealed it. I will keep watching the other tournaments and wait to see if any of those guys try to requalify for them.

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/14/19 12:00 AM

So, you MLF lovers are telling me that they are going to show who wins the championship live??? I thought they said that all these cups and championship were going to be delayed & televised in a year, is that not the case for this one too?

Yes, it will be steamed live

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/14/19 12:11 AM

Thanks for the link MagFluker.

It took me 10 minutes of the to understand what Redcrest is. My take away is that it’s only equivalent to the Classic and the Cup in payout value. Beyond that I see it as another qualification tournament towards a more prestigious World Championship to take place at some point in the future. IMO that lessons the incentive for fans to want to watch.

It seems they are making things a lot more complex than it needs to be. I hope this does not hurt them in the long run. Even Wheeler became confused in his explanation.

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/14/19 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Fishing on a string
I dont watch any of it internet or tv any longer, I tried the internet watching the first 2 but can’t take the commentators.
The one guy uses his radio voice while talking and it’s just hard to listen to. Then all the bashing and duckett saying the anglers can’t go to the other expos, sealed it. I will keep watching the other tournaments and wait to see if any of those guys try to requalify for them.

Oh how dare he, why don't you send a nasty letter to Jim Nantz for him doing the same thing during PGA golf, I guess you'd rather have some hick sounding dude like Dale Jr. roflmao
Posted By: beartrap

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/14/19 12:25 AM

as someone mentioned,this is their first year and as we become more familiar with their format,it will be a lot easier to understand and follow.....if this was BASS's first year,their various opens,high school/college,federation and 'points standing qualifying would be hard for us to under stand also

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/14/19 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by beartrap
as someone mentioned,this is their first year and as we become more familiar with their format,it will be a lot easier to understand and follow.....if this was BASS's first year,their various opens,high school/college,federation and 'points standing qualifying would be hard for us to under stand also

I don’t see this as the same. High schoolers, college circuit, nation, and opens are clearly lesser qualified circuits than the elite. Same goes for FLW and Tour anglers. In BPT everyone is on the same level and that’s what complicates things. It’s almost like saying instead of opening up championships for smaller guys, let’s just create more qualifying tournaments for our top guys.

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/14/19 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Dubee

thumb
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/14/19 01:35 AM

I will be tuning in!

Thanks for the reminder. cheers
Posted By: Bill Durham

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/14/19 02:25 AM

gs...The Red Crest event which is coming up is the culmination of the BPT Tour events during the year.. plus qualifiers from the MLF Cup Events during the year. Wheeler won the World Championship of the Cup events.. not the BPT Tour. It was kept secret until it aired on CBS in July. All of the Cup events are aired on Outdoor Channel and Discovery Channel during the year. Since they are made for TV events, every boat has a camera and all of the video is edited down to a 2hr show for each day's competition. The BPT Tour events are streamed live on Majorleaguefishing.com They show people catching fish mostly but sometimes they will show Ike or Van Dam fishing..

BD
Posted By: buda13

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/14/19 10:23 AM

So much mis information... how bout before spewing all the negativity you get informed on what’s actually going on? Some of y’all don’t seem to even know the difference between MLF Cup events and the BPT, but your certain you don’t like it. Doesn’t make any sense... if you want to complain about something at least gain a full understanding of what it is your complaining about and don’t base it on half truths and rumor mill bs.

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/14/19 11:48 AM

So much mis information... how bout before spewing all the negativity you get informed on what’s actually going on? Some of y’all don’t seem to even know the difference between MLF Cup events and the BPT, but your certain you don’t like it. Doesn’t make any sense... if you want to complain about something at least gain a full understanding of what it is your complaining about and don’t base it on half truths and rumor mill bs.

Pretty easy to get confused when every week it’s a change of some sort. Why the need for the complicated everything? And for the ones that say it’s not complicated, watch Wheeler try to explain the system.

Edit: But to Wheelers credit, his was the first time that anyone explained it that made sense to me.
Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/14/19 11:58 AM

Lobster is good steamed live.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/14/19 12:38 PM

I don’t see this as the same. High schoolers, college circuit, nation, and opens are clearly lesser qualified circuits than the elite. Same goes for FLW and Tour anglers. In BPT everyone is on the same level and that’s what complicates things. It’s almost like saying instead of opening up championships for smaller guys, let’s just create more qualifying tournaments for our top guys.

No they're not all on the same level. You have the BPT, MLF Selects and Cup events. After the first three years, the bottom 30 in BPT standings get the boot and 30 new guys come up from their feeder system (Cups/Selects). The 30
that got the boot will then have to try and re-qualify through the feeder system or fish elsewhere.

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/14/19 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by fouzman

No they're not all on the same level. You have the BPT, MLF Selects and Cup events. After the first three years, the bottom 30 in BPT standings get the boot and 30 new guys come up from their feeder system (Cups/Selects). The 30
that got the boot will then have to try and re-qualify through the feeder system or fish elsewhere.

Bottom 30? I thought Duckett said the bottom 3, are you sure 30 is correct?

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/14/19 01:15 PM

My mistake, grout. It's the bottom 10 in points who get cut after the initial 3 years.
Posted By: 206champion

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/14/19 01:26 PM

LOL me to

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/14/19 01:46 PM

My mistake, grout. It's the bottom 10 in points who get cut after the initial 3 years.

Yep, bottom 10

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/14/19 01:58 PM

It boils down to old guys not liking change, its not that hard to understand...
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/14/19 02:27 PM

I dont believe that is correct either. I believe they are going to hand pick 10 people to add, its a good old boy system at best.

If Im wrong please post a link to these OPEN cup selects people can enter?

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/14/19 02:31 PM

No, they're not going to pick 10 good ol' boys. The feeder system will be in place in 2021. 2022 is when you will see 10 new anglers who qualified for the BPT through their feeder system. It's all on MLF/BPT website, Jeff.

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/14/19 02:41 PM

https://majorleaguefishing.com/bass-pro-tour/mlf-bass-pro-tour-mlf-cups-hows-it-all-going-to-work/

This explains how everything works right now.

And this may answer some questions,

https://majorleaguefishing.com/about/faq/

#2 answers your question, Jeff.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/14/19 02:43 PM

haters gonna ...
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/14/19 02:47 PM

https://majorleaguefishing.com/bass-pro-tour/mlf-bass-pro-tour-mlf-cups-hows-it-all-going-to-work/

Got it thanks. Thats all the same stuff I read before. IT IS a good old boy system NOW (invite only) and they will supposedly create a feeder system.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/14/19 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa

Got it thanks. Thats all the same stuff I read before. IT IS a good old boy system NOW (invite only) and they will supposedly create a feeder system.

But!!!! You gotta be a good ole boy to get invited to fish the feeder system. Lol

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/14/19 04:36 PM

Yep, bottom 10

10 makes good sense. 3 didn’t make sense to me and 30 seemed extreme. cheers

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/14/19 08:26 PM

Based on their weight in turn outs it look like very few people are showing up to watch these small fish snackers. Ive been to a recent Elite event and that thing was freaking packed 100+ people. But Yeah we dont like change its always been 5 fish not whoever can catch 50 1lb fish to win... goes against tradition and then on top of it you have to be "in the club" to fish MLF which is lame... I would rather fish the opens and fish the elites or same with FLW then watch a bunch of hand selected guys compete....

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/14/19 10:05 PM

#1 what weigh in? they are not weighing in
#2 it has not always been 5 fish, it used to 7 and way back when there were no length or limits they counted them all and ate them food
Posted By: pchapin

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/15/19 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Legend LE-195

Even with simple flow charts very few bass fishermen have the intellect to figure them out.

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/15/19 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by pchapin

Even with simple flow charts very few bass fishermen have the intellect to figure them out.

More like very few don't have the intellect to figure it out.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/15/19 01:19 AM

#1 what weigh in? they are not weighing in
#2 it has not always been 5 fish, it used to 7 and way back when there were no length or limits they counted them all and ate them food

If you get to historical then some might get hysterical! roflmao

Re: BPT —- MLF Redcrest cluster - 08/15/19 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by pchapin

More like very few don't have the intellect to figure it out.

I wanna see these charts.... or wait the MLF pro tour is too new provide a one year analysis.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum