Texas Fishing Forum

Would you..

Posted By: FXfromTx

Would you.. - 08/13/19 06:51 AM

Would you buy a set of 1.5 year old Power Pole Blades 10' CMonster 2.0 with brackets for $3,000 or just bite the bullet and buy new? Seller took them off and put 15' Talons on his boat is only reason for sale. I know little to nothing about them, don't know how long the pumps last, etc. so I don't really know what I'm getting with a 1.5 year old item vs new.
If you'd go new, where can I find the best prices?
Thanks in advance!
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Would you.. - 08/13/19 11:49 AM

That’s a good price for sure. Tempting.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Would you.. - 08/13/19 11:56 AM

Price new hoses and bolts and add it to the used ones.try wacky riggers for new ones
Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: Would you.. - 08/13/19 12:03 PM

I bought a used center console boat with a 10' power pole blade. One hose started leaking and a bushing was worn out. I called to inquire about purchasing parts. They sent me a complete rebuild kit with bushings, nuts, bolts, hydraulic lines, fittings and a quart of hydraulic fluid for free. I just gave them the serial number. I am pretty sure the pole is at least 4 years old.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Would you.. - 08/13/19 12:29 PM

Not a bad deal.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Would you.. - 08/13/19 01:32 PM

10 foot poles are as tall as 15' talons no way I would buy those or want those
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Would you.. - 08/13/19 02:08 PM

Most guys run the 8's. Not a fan of the 10's. Unless you just like the look of them no need for blades either
Posted By: FXfromTx

Re: Would you.. - 08/13/19 10:12 PM

Thanks guys! Found a smoking deal on a couple of new 10’s. Going to go that route I believe.
Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: Would you.. - 08/14/19 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
Most guys run the 8's. Not a fan of the 10's. Unless you just like the look of them no need for blades either

I like having a 10 on my boat. I can obviously anchor in more spots than I could with an 8 and I don't see any disadvantage. When I have someone fishing in the back I give them the remote and tell em to lower it to the top of the motor if it is in their way for casting.

As far as your opinion that there is "no need for blades" I suppose if one has food water and shelter they are in no need of anything. When I want to use my PP I sure do enjoy having it. Personally I don't know anyone that would spend that kind of jack because they like the way they look.
Posted By: dillydilly24

Re: Would you.. - 08/14/19 03:20 PM

I think he was referring to the model. I have the most basic poles they make and bought them in black and painted them and color matched it to my boat and saved a little bit of money.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Would you.. - 08/14/19 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by dillydilly24
I think he was referring to the model. I have the most basic poles they make and bought them in black and painted them and color matched it to my boat and saved a little bit of money.

I have Blades because I wasn’t paying for them. If I had to pay for them myself, I’d have the basic Sportsman models. They all work the same, IMO.

Ps. I’m NOT GREEDY....it’s just what was sent to me. My onky input was I wanted “power poles”.
Posted By: EZ_Legend

Re: Would you.. - 08/14/19 06:34 PM

I did! no worries. Power Pole is an amazing company.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum