Texas Fishing Forum

Advice/Information - HDS Live vs Carbon

Posted By: JC Skeeter

Advice/Information - HDS Live vs Carbon - 08/09/19 06:34 PM

I am looking to upgrade graphs on my console. I have used the HDS versions prior to the Carbonthat came out last year, and currently have a carbon unit now. I have not used a Live unit.

I have a 3d module and transducer, and I am only looking to buy the unit itself. I am finding that even without purchasing the transducer in the "3 in 1" kit that is offered, there is a pretty good price difference between the 2, around $1600 more for the Live. I want to point out that I can afford the Live if I find that it is worth it for whatever reason/s.

So, what are your thoughts? Is it worth going with the 16" Live, or save the money and buy the 16" Carbon?
Posted By: Jersey Dan

Re: Advice/Information - HDS Live vs Carbon - 08/09/19 09:00 PM

If you are going to pull the trigger I would grab a used carbon 16 and wait for the 2nd generation of Live units to be released. That was my move.

There was just not much of a difference to justify 2x for a live over a carbon.
Posted By: 04champ

Re: Advice/Information - HDS Live vs Carbon - 08/10/19 03:06 PM

I went with Live at the console because I didn't have the SS3D module and wanted the HDMI connection for my phone so I could pull up weather radar on the graph. If you don't plan to get the LiveSight go with Carbon
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum