Texas Fishing Forum

Mexico fishing license

Posted By: grout-scout

Mexico fishing license - 08/08/19 03:17 PM

Went to buy one today and they no longer are selling them, you now have to order online.

Curious if you guys have heard this or have you used the online system. Apparently this just started within the past 2-3 weeks.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Mexico fishing license - 08/08/19 03:21 PM

Mike, I was down at Amistad the other day and yes, Mexico is being a pain when it comes to the license and for now no longer allowing US businesses to sell. Amistad Marine had a few left so I grabbed one. They are trying to find a work around for the new way of purchasing. I know I wouldn't want to give a Mexico online company my CC info.

Re: Mexico fishing license - 08/08/19 03:46 PM

I went to their online site and it won’t let you buy one if you’re outside of Mexico. Another Mexico site said that working on a new system. Gonna be screwed if I fish the Permian next month, gggrrr!
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Mexico fishing license - 08/08/19 04:10 PM

Call James at FLT and see if he has any left.
Posted By: squib

Re: Mexico fishing license - 08/08/19 04:13 PM

I talked to James a few days ago. He has none left. I emailed the Mexican federal department that oversees fishing licenses. I have not heard back yet.
Posted By: 6BOOMER

Re: Mexico fishing license - 08/08/19 04:27 PM

It is cheaper a few bucks and they are printable you don't need to wait for the mail. Had no issue's in the past with payment or printing. This was posted effective July 2019.

https://www.sportfishingbcs.gob.mx/

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Chet

Re: Mexico fishing license - 08/08/19 04:42 PM

Got on the website and all Spanish, asked for translation never came back? any ideas? Headed down there in a week and would like to have one in hand.
Posted By: 6BOOMER

Re: Mexico fishing license - 08/08/19 04:48 PM

There is a English button on top if it says Espanol on top looking at the English version if it says English your looking at the Spanish version.

[Linked Image]

Re: Mexico fishing license - 08/08/19 05:15 PM

Got it thanks.
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Mexico fishing license - 08/08/19 06:01 PM

The Ranger dealership had quite a few July 4th and said when they were gone they wouldn’t be getting anymore.

Re: Mexico fishing license - 08/08/19 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by 6BOOMER
It is cheaper a few bucks and they are printable you don't need to wait for the mail. Had no issue's in the past with payment or printing. This was posted effective July 2019.

[Linked Image]

OK bought license now spooked by sport fishing title and Baha Sur (off shore ?) all over the site. Is this what I need? Or did I just waste 41 and change?

Re: Mexico fishing license - 08/08/19 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Chet
Originally Posted by 6BOOMER

[Linked Image]

OK bought license now spooked by sport fishing title and Baha Sur (off shore ?) all over the site. Is this what I need? Or did I just waste 41 and change?

That’s what had me steered away from it, something seems odd about it. The man at Karlans tackle wanted me to be his lab rat, he said “buy it and let me know if it works for you”!!! roflmao

Re: Mexico fishing license - 08/08/19 11:08 PM

Wonderful could be my first trip all on US side.

Re: Mexico fishing license - 08/08/19 11:35 PM

Did you have to print off something or are they mailing it to you?

Re: Mexico fishing license - 08/09/19 12:39 AM

Print off, and color was so light I barely got it.
Posted By: woody123

Re: Mexico fishing license - 08/09/19 01:20 AM

We ordered them this year, no problems at all, we were checked too
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Mexico fishing license - 08/09/19 01:29 AM

Chet, you should be good to go. A Mexican fishing license is good for all Mexican waters.

Re: Mexico fishing license - 08/09/19 02:01 AM

I think when I get back, I might buy one of those pre-paid Visa cards and try it too. I can’t get the site to load for me now anyways, guess the phone service out here in Box isn’t good enough for certain websites to load on my phone.
Posted By: boeing driver

Re: Mexico fishing license - 08/09/19 03:05 AM

If you are worried about using credit card for online purchase, most card companies allow you to sign into your account and create a specific 16 digit card for each purchase. You simply type the $ amount you want to use and that card only has that amount of credit associated with it. Generally, the card will delete itself in 1 months.

Re: Mexico fishing license - 08/09/19 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by leethefishking
Chet, you should be good to go. A Mexican fishing license is good for all Mexican waters.

Always good to know someone is good for your bail. cheers
Posted By: NoWeighers

Re: Mexico fishing license - 08/09/19 06:45 PM

It does not look like Mexican Fishing licenses are going to be distributed to US vendors any time soon.. So..

After going thru three credit card companies, two banks, and a bunch of phone calls and e-mails, I think I got this [censored] figured out.. It is something you can do.. But it is a pain in the [censored]..

We can acquire for you A Mexican Fishing License.. Same cost as always..
$60 Annual
$40 for a Weekly pass (Any seven consecutive days)

It is a bit time consuming to do, and certainly not as fast as buying one over the counter..

So if you still want a pain free experience, call or e-mail me and we'll get it done.
We can mail your license or you can pick it up here..
Letting us get it done in advance will make it easy on both of us..

Call me or PM me if you have questions..

Thanks..
Posted By: fishnfireman

Re: Mexico fishing license - 08/12/19 12:32 PM

Don't think this is the first time they have pulled this stunt. Seems I remember it at least once before.
mines good till march maybe they will change back by then. always sumpin !!

Re: Mexico fishing license - 08/31/19 12:33 PM

If any of you guys are still in need of a Mexican fishing license, and don't want to hassle with the new system, give us a call.. We got it down..

We've done dozens in the last couple of weeks and we can do yours as well..
956-765-4866

Re: Mexico fishing license - 08/31/19 03:53 PM

James did mine yesterday, I had it in 10 mins. Thank you brother! cheers
Posted By: pagemaster

Re: Mexico fishing license - 09/03/19 01:11 AM

online $40.00 or $60.00 using a US vendor. What's up with the $20.00 vendor fee??

Re: Mexico fishing license - 09/03/19 02:46 AM

As stated before.. You can do this yourself.. We're providing a service to those that do not want to hassle with the Mexican system.

Like all businesses, we provide products and services for a fee.. We already sell Texas fishing and hunting licenses for free.

Re: Mexico fishing license - 09/03/19 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by pagemaster
online $40.00 or $60.00 using a US vendor. What's up with the $20.00 vendor fee??

I happily paid the $20 to NOT have my credit card info tied to anything in Mexico! $20 isn’t worth the hassle of fighting CC theft, especially if you have all your bills tied to it.
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Mexico fishing license - 09/04/19 03:12 PM

Hell they have been 60 bucks for years, next time just drive across the border and get one and save the 20 bucks if you think it's to high fish
Posted By: fishnfireman

Re: Mexico fishing license - 09/05/19 12:48 PM

Amistad marine can get them now.. CASH only !
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Mexico fishing license - 09/05/19 01:33 PM

Gail likes that cash banana

Re: Mexico fishing license - 09/05/19 03:07 PM

We can also email your license to you in PDF form and you can print it out and have it immediately..

And then you have a copy of it (if you save the file) that you can reprint if you loose your license, which seems to happen quite often for some reason.

We'll take your Credit Card.. Just give us a call if you need one..

956-765-4866
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum