How to Troll for Bass - Largemouth and Spotted Bass - 08/08/19 11:57 AM

Posted By: RedEar12

Re: How to Troll for Bass - Largemouth and Spotted Bass - 08/08/19 01:00 PM

Trolling is fun
Posted By: MathGeek

Re: How to Troll for Bass - Largemouth and Spotted Bass - 08/09/19 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by RedEar12
Trolling is fun

It can be in clear waters where there are plenty of bait fish in open water for the bass to chase.

It is particularly satisfying for folks who are unable to pursue bass with the usual still fishing techniques due to disability.
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: How to Troll for Bass - Largemouth and Spotted Bass - 08/09/19 03:00 PM

I'll admit it. I troll sometimes. I'll occasionally do it to try and locate bass offshore, particularly if I'm seeing tons of fish on the graph and am having trouble distinguishing which are bass. It can be a good way to find the spot on the spot if the graph isn't picking up anything notable. I'll also do it sometimes when it's mid day and the bite has shut down or if it's wicked hot and I'm just looking for a little break from casting. I've caught some tanks trolling 6XD's. I bet some of those fish had never seen a lure before.
Posted By: MathGeek

Re: How to Troll for Bass - Largemouth and Spotted Bass - 08/11/19 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jpurdue
I'll admit it. I troll sometimes. I'll occasionally do it to try and locate bass offshore, particularly if I'm seeing tons of fish on the graph and am having trouble distinguishing which are bass. It can be a good way to find the spot on the spot if the graph isn't picking up anything notable. I'll also do it sometimes when it's mid day and the bite has shut down or if it's wicked hot and I'm just looking for a little break from casting. I've caught some tanks trolling 6XD's. I bet some of those fish had never seen a lure before.

Yep. Any techniques you especially like?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum