Texas Fishing Forum

Good service, bad service

Posted By: harvey walker

Good service, bad service - 08/04/19 01:05 PM

My remote for my Miinn Kota Terrova quick working, call M. K. and the lady said it was just out of warranty but she would replace it any way for free. I call that great service.

On the other hand I am having an issue with my HDS Carbon. I call Lowrance twice and it still not fixed. Can not get it to show speed through water. I know this sounds picky but for what I paid for this thing I expect it to work like it should.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Good service, bad service - 08/04/19 03:10 PM

Speed through water? As in boat speed? My Carbons only show GPS speed when on the mapping page or engine parameters page.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Good service, bad service - 08/04/19 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Speed through water? As in boat speed? My Carbons only show GPS speed when on the mapping page or engine parameters page.

Isn't it an overlay option you can put on any screen?
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Good service, bad service - 08/04/19 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Txduckhunter
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Isn't it an overlay option you can put on any screen?

Yes. You can put an overlay, or multiple overlays on any saved screen. I have depth, water temp, speed and time overlayed on most of my saved screens.

Re: Good service, bad service - 08/04/19 07:53 PM

Yes boat speed.
I get water depth and temp and structor depth but not STW. I got every box I find checked. Lowrance said to call them back when I get back on the water.

Yes I get speed on my chart page but not on any other page.

Re: Good service, bad service - 08/05/19 01:46 AM

Yeh. I tried mine earlier. It will not show speed on SI/DI/sonar, no matter what I try. Wish I found an answer.

Re: Good service, bad service - 08/05/19 08:18 PM

Now I got a new issue with it, it get so hot it all most burn your finger to touch the screen. I starting to wish I had a BIRD INSTEAD.

Re: Good service, bad service - 08/06/19 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by harvey walker
Now I got a new issue with it, it get so hot it all most burn your finger to touch the screen. I starting to wish I had a BIRD INSTEAD.

Mine get hot too. It’s not an issue. Mine have been baking for a year. Lol. Specially when running side scan, power poles, and Sonic Hub 2 blasting. It’s a lot of processing going on and they have designed them to handle the heat generated by the processor.
Posted By: Used2fish

Re: Good service, bad service - 08/06/19 01:13 AM

Johnson outdoors has great CS. Lowrance doesn't. Nothing new. Like decades old news
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Good service, bad service - 08/06/19 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Used2fish
Johnson outdoors has great CS. Lowrance doesn't. Nothing new. Like decades old news

LOWRANCE customer service bites. They act like they have something better to do and you're bothering them when you call.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Good service, bad service - 08/06/19 01:48 AM

Lol they will quit supporting the carbon in like 5 minutes. That's how they do.
Posted By: Used2fish

Re: Good service, bad service - 08/06/19 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI

roflmao

Yep but we can upgrade you for a nominal fee!
Posted By: Curtbass

Re: Good service, bad service - 08/07/19 05:59 AM

roflmao

roflmao clap de

Re: Good service, bad service - 08/07/19 12:24 PM

roflmao

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!!

Re: Good service, bad service - 08/07/19 12:56 PM

roflmao

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!!

I wish it was a nominal fee. I have nominal in my pocket.

Re: Good service, bad service - 08/11/19 07:26 PM

SUNDAY UP DATE; now it will not show depth on my h d i transducer. If you know anyone thinking about buying an LOWRANCE PLEASE TALK THEM OUT OF IT, THERE JUNK

Re: Good service, bad service - 08/11/19 07:28 PM

SUNDAY UP DATE; now it will not show depth on my h d i transducer. If you know anyone thinking about buying an LOWRANCE PLEASE TALK THEM OUT OF IT, THERE JUNK

I wouldn’t go that far! Lol. I bet you’ll never admit it’s user error when you finally learn how to setup and use them. Haha.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Good service, bad service - 08/11/19 09:40 PM

8 out of the top 10 at the FLW Cup are running Lowrance.
Posted By: ToasterWEyes

Re: Good service, bad service - 08/11/19 10:32 PM

I love my Lowrance HDS units. Tried to swap to Humminbird and just couldn't do it. But for sure, when you have an issue you are outta luck....
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Good service, bad service - 08/11/19 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Fishspanker

https://www.flwfishing.com/news/201...lusive-marine-electronics-sponsor-of-flw
Posted By: etexbasser

Re: Good service, bad service - 08/12/19 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Originally Posted by Fishspanker

https://www.flwfishing.com/news/201...lusive-marine-electronics-sponsor-of-flw

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
[quote=Fishspanker]8 out of the top 10 at the FLW Cup are running Lowrance.

Now that’s funny right there.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Good service, bad service - 08/12/19 12:14 PM

My Carbons work great, been very happy. Guess I never tried to put the speed on the depth page, and not really sure if you can or cannot. But really who cares if you can get it on your chart. Seems petty.

Go buy HBs, sounds like you will be happy with them.
Posted By: RKT

Re: Good service, bad service - 08/12/19 01:11 PM

I’ve ran nothing but Lowrance since the early 90’s. After owning the current ones I have now I doubt I will ever buy another Lowrance. Although the idea of what they are supposed to do is great, the actual functioning of them sucks.

Re: Good service, bad service - 08/12/19 06:49 PM

When you spend your hard earn money for something you expect it to work like it should. I don't put much into a product when someone is paid to use and sell the product, exp: Bill Dance said Lowrance was better than slice bread until he was paid by Garmin now it better than slice bread. I talked to Lowrance twice about my troubles and the last one said for me to get on the water and call them back and maybe they could fix the problem then. I am on S.S. so spending more money for a new sonar is out of the question, it took a hunk out of my saving to get this one at the first of the year and now it not working right, (got me once but not twice). Yes I gone through all the settling and every box is checked like Lowrance said to do, I think it's a software issue.

Re: Good service, bad service - 08/12/19 09:44 PM

It might be a software issue. Have you updated it? If so, what version? Don’t do 19.1. 18.3 is a good as it gets for now. 19.1 has issues. Another “new” update is coming soon to address a lot of issues that some are having.

I have two Carbons. I’m giving you grief just for fun. I know it’s frustrating to have issues. This stuff is smarter than our generation. Haha. I am also of the camp that “just wants to turn it on and have it work”. I don’t like tweaking [censored]. I like to just turn it on and go.

I’d sit tight and wait for the next update coming soon, before I’d throw more money on something else to learn.

Re: Good service, bad service - 08/12/19 09:48 PM

Maybe why I am having issues because I updated to 19.1 a few weeks back.

ALSO I GOT MY NEW REMOTE FROM MINN KOTA TODAY, TOTALY FREE NO SHIPPING OR ANYTHING, GREAT SERVICE

Re: Good service, bad service - 08/12/19 09:50 PM

Maybe why I am having issues because I updated to 19.1 a few weeks back.

ALSO I GOT MY NEW REMOTE FROM MINN KOTA TODAY, TOTALY FREE NO SHIPPING OR ANYTHING, GREAT SERVICE

if some one knows how to reinstall my software to 18.3 let me know.

Re: Good service, bad service - 08/12/19 09:54 PM

I’d almost guarantee it’s a 19.1 “bug”. Lots of folks are really unhappy with that update. I started to do it, then read everyone’s unsatisfied remarks and decided not to do it. Glad I did. It can be backwards “down dated” to 18.3, but you have to find it. Someone on BassBoatCentral linked to the old software, so if you’re up for it, you can always find that link and reload the old software for now.

Re: Good service, bad service - 08/13/19 12:54 PM

Thanks for the info. I will try to find that link.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum