Texas Fishing Forum

Night Fishing Lake Fork

Posted By: texasryan9

Night Fishing Lake Fork - 08/01/19 08:34 PM

Will be at Lake Fork for the weekend with the family. I usually get to fish during the day, and have for years, but with the family in tow my fishing time will be more productive at night. Anyone willing to share any tips? I know the lake well enough to get around safely, and I have Vicks boat lane chip. I fish Lake Fork a couple of times a month on average, but have never tried fishing at night.

Any information is appreciated. Thanks.
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Night Fishing Lake Fork - 08/01/19 09:44 PM

Having the chip will not keep you from running into the many idiots that run around at night with no running or anchor lights on. BE CAREFUL.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Night Fishing Lake Fork - 08/01/19 09:47 PM

Man, I haven't night fished Fork in quite some time.

Always liked roadbeds crossing mainlake points on the W side. Horseshoe down to Williams. No Name and Dale. That was cover/structure fishing. Anything TX rigged (or a jig) in blk/blu/blu flk was always #1. Suggest 8" and 10" worms, big craws and 1/2 oz. jigs. Several other pond dams in that same area. You can replicate this same pattern all over the lake.

#2 Was a Joe Spaits Spinnerbait around grass. Ask Joe for "Elvis" If you're going waaay N and E where the best grass on Fork is.

Don't overlook the lighted docks, even the ones with above water street lights, and those on either side of them. Bridge aprons where creek channels swing in close, too. Swimbaits are good around the lights cuz the fish ain't lookin' down. wink

Best summer depth for me at night is 10ft. VERY close to deep water. I typically tie up or anchor. Spend a couple hours at each spot.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Night Fishing Lake Fork - 08/01/19 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce Allen
Having the chip will not keep you from running into the many idiots that run around at night with no running or anchor lights on. BE CAREFUL.

+1,000! If you're interested in a guide at night, I'd contact Randy Oldfield, Richie White or Paul Hyland.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Night Fishing Lake Fork - 08/01/19 11:25 PM

Fish the lighted boat docks. The ones with the submerged green lights hold some big fish if they are near deeper water.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum