Texas Fishing Forum

Rod repair near Mckinney area?

Posted By: i-Fish

Rod repair near Mckinney area? - 08/01/19 05:37 PM

Fishin World is a looong way south. Would like to save some time both ways if possible. I had a guide insert pop out at the rod tip. TIA.
Posted By: Hook'Em 79

Re: Rod repair near Mckinney area? - 08/01/19 07:34 PM

Mr Brown
(972) 800-7387

He is in The Colony. Does great work at a great price.
Posted By: Slide_R

Re: Rod repair near Mckinney area? - 08/01/19 08:52 PM

Get a replacement tip at Academy and look up how to replace online. The tip is a DIY project if you want.
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Rod repair near Mckinney area? - 08/01/19 10:07 PM

You can get the tip and or guides at Barlows Tackle on 75 in Richardson. They can tell you how to do it and might even put the tip on for you.
Posted By: i-Fish

Re: Rod repair near Mckinney area? - 08/07/19 01:33 AM

Thx fellas. Decided to give it a go myself. However, how the heck do I know what size tip I need? 6 outta fit but I don’t know what these other numbers indicate?... [Linked Image]
Posted By: Greg Z

Re: Rod repair near Mckinney area? - 08/07/19 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by bronco71
You can get the tip and or guides at Barlows Tackle on 75 in Richardson. They can tell you how to do it and might even put the tip on for you.

x2
Posted By: Slide_R

Re: Rod repair near Mckinney area? - 08/07/19 02:37 PM

At Barlow's they will usually fit the tip for you and install it. It is likely that it is a 5.5, 6 or 6.5 and I think these are the sizes that come in the Fuji 3 guide set sold online and at some Academy's.
Fuji Micro Tip Repair Kit You will also need one of the glue sticks.
Also, you can contact your rod manufacturer and they can tell you what size for that model.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum