Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Alvarado

Posted By: Fishingking

Lake Alvarado - 07/29/19 01:45 PM

Well had nothing to do yesterday afternoon. Decided to take a small jaunt to Alvarado to check out the new ramp scene and see if the lake is still worth the trouble to fish. The road to the ramp is terrible with barely any room for two vehicles with bass boats to get by. I must say the ramp looked great and there was a public restroom. Don't bother going in the restroom unless you want to die from the smell. They are basically fancy out houses. Launched on the new ramp. I like double ramps. The parking was horrible, there were too many homeless looking people bathing around the ramp. Tried to fish. Problem I apparently forgot to get a number from someone to get in line to fish a spot. Every clump of cat tails had several boats flipping them. Every boat dock had a boat fishing it with one or two ready to take it's place. Finally after driving around for about 45 minutes looking I decided to go home. At least I was able to get out of the house and get home to a really good surprise. Momma had made her world famous meat loaf. So I guess the day wasn't a total loss. And by the way I don't think I will rush anytime soon back to Alvarado. I am sure that will make some of you happy.
Posted By: dimitri

Re: Lake Alvarado - 07/29/19 05:34 PM

so how many trailers can the parking lot hold now? was the lot full?
Posted By: Fishingking

Re: Lake Alvarado - 07/29/19 07:17 PM

Lot was full - had to wait for someone to leave to park my trailer. Took about 15 minutes. Forgot to mention that part.
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: Lake Alvarado - 07/30/19 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by Fishingking
Lot was full - had to wait for someone to leave to park my trailer. Took about 15 minutes. Forgot to mention that part.

Get there early several spots infront of ramp then back on hill quite a few spots.
Went Saturday before last same thing take a number stayed till 9 am left 1 fish.
Go during week.
J D
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Lake Alvarado - 07/30/19 04:00 AM

Bass fishing isn't for the 9 to 5'er anymore. Too damn crowded!!! Bass is for retired and rich that can fish M-F
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Lake Alvarado - 07/30/19 12:29 PM

That's ridiculous
Posted By: Taylored

Re: Lake Alvarado - 07/30/19 01:26 PM

Went out there Sunday morning. Cleburne bass club had an open tournament. Probably 30 boats on the lake. Left around 10am, too crowded for me. Put 6 in the boat with a couple good ones. It will settle down but might take it a while. A lot of guys just wanting to get on the lake because its been closed for 2 years.
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: Lake Alvarado - 07/30/19 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J
Bass fishing isn't for the 9 to 5'er anymore. Too damn crowded!!! Bass is for retired and rich that can fish M-F

+1
Posted By: TxFisherman03

Re: Lake Alvarado - 08/01/19 03:29 AM

I went Sunday from around 4 - 7 and there was plenty of parking 6-8 spots available. Mainly went to run the boat for while as it has been in the shop. The ramp is much better then the past.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum