Texas Fishing Forum

Yamaha sho prop shaft replacement east texas

Posted By: hopefullythisworks

Yamaha sho prop shaft replacement east texas - 07/28/19 10:08 PM

Who do you guys recommend replacing a prop shaft in the east Texas area.

Also, will the Yamaha service trailer be at the flw cup? If so would they do the work?
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Yamaha sho prop shaft replacement east texas - 07/28/19 10:33 PM

Took mine to service Marine in Emory and they straightened it out with no issues. I had previously used another shop that insisted I needed a new lower unit until the insurance company had them break it down and realize there were no other issues.

That said, it does depend on the amount of damage and shards in the oil. But service Marine in Emory is my go to shop for motor issues. I have also had good luck with Sartin Marine and would trust them too. Both fairly far from longview but they are worth the drive in my opinion.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Yamaha sho prop shaft replacement east texas - 07/28/19 11:10 PM

Get you a small floor jack and you can straighten it your self in about ten minutes.
Posted By: Shakey-Head

Re: Yamaha sho prop shaft replacement east texas - 07/29/19 12:07 AM

Ships marine Gladewater Tx
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Yamaha sho prop shaft replacement east texas - 07/29/19 12:45 AM

East Texas is a pretty big area. If you're close to Gladewater then Shipps Marine as mentioned above. They're good folks!
Posted By: hopefullythisworks

Re: Yamaha sho prop shaft replacement east texas - 07/29/19 04:57 PM

Checked with ships marine today and they wanted $1000 to do the job. Diamond sports in yantis was half that.
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: Yamaha sho prop shaft replacement east texas - 07/29/19 11:03 PM

Call Town & Country Marine in Hallsville TX, (903) 668-2022. Joe Mauldin is the guys name and he has always done me right. It is at least worth a phone call.
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Yamaha sho prop shaft replacement east texas - 07/29/19 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by hopefullythisworks
Checked with ships marine today and they wanted $1000 to do the job. Diamond sports in yantis was half that.

I think I paid around $400-500 at service marine, seems reasonably. I have used Diamond once as well and they helped me in a pinch, good people,
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum