Texas Fishing Forum

Hotels near Rayburn

Posted By: fivebites

Hotels near Rayburn - 07/28/19 08:18 PM

Tried to search this, but if you search hotels and Sam Rayburn you get nada. Recommendations near Zavalla? Best ramp and area near there? Trying out two new to me boats and want to be on a big lake so I can see how they ride/fish but not run the whole thing. Thanks!
Posted By: DEFMP

Re: Hotels near Rayburn - 07/28/19 08:58 PM

lakeview motel or Jackson Hill Marina if launching up north near Zavalla. Rayburn Inn or Rayburn Country if down south near Umphrey.
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: Hotels near Rayburn - 07/28/19 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by DEFMP
lakeview motel or Jackson Hill Marina if launching up north near Zavalla. Rayburn Inn or Rayburn Country if down south near Umphrey.

Good advice ^^^^^^

Re: Hotels near Rayburn - 07/28/19 10:04 PM

Thanks boys!

Re: Hotels near Rayburn - 07/28/19 10:30 PM

Booked Lakeview. I appreciate it. Anyone have any good info on where to fish down there I'd appreciate it. Tried to call Clark Rheem, but his vm is full. Headed down to buy a new to me boat and have never been to big Sam. We will be putting in at Cassels-Boykins. Safe to leave the vehicles there?
Posted By: DEFMP

Re: Hotels near Rayburn - 07/29/19 02:41 AM

I'm not sure the water level, but I hope somebody knows how to run the lake, as there are some hazards. I haven't fished there in awhile, but you can definitely catch bass up shallow around the hay grass.
Posted By: TxDanFishMan

Re: Hotels near Rayburn - 07/29/19 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by fivebites
Booked Lakeview. I appreciate it. Anyone have any good info on where to fish down there I'd appreciate it. Tried to call Clark Rheem, but his vm is full. Headed down to buy a new to me boat and have never been to big Sam. We will be putting in at Cassels-Boykins. Safe to leave the vehicles there?

Checkout Ken Smith Youtube site , great information about Rayburn.

It was a big help to me for my first time to Rayburn and follow-on trips

Here is the link : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5vyFnUPF8eCJSRW8M3a1qg

Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Hotels near Rayburn - 07/29/19 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by DEFMP
I'm not sure the water level, but I hope somebody knows how to run the lake, as there are some hazards. I haven't fished there in awhile, but you can definitely catch bass up shallow around the hay grass.

Clint Wade posted a couple of waypoints on the "Texas Bass Heads" Facebook group the other day marking two big stumps that are at the surface or just below.
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Hotels near Rayburn - 07/29/19 11:05 AM

Definitely don’t want to run around up there if you don’t know where u at especially with lake back bellow pool now. There is quit a bit of stuff to know once you get above the Veach to Caney area.

Re: Hotels near Rayburn - 07/29/19 01:10 PM

Good info boys. Headed down to test drive the boat Wednesday, and fish Thursday and Friday. Will report back.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Hotels near Rayburn - 07/29/19 01:18 PM

If you don't know the lake, launch down at caney. Much more open water out from that ramp

Re: Hotels near Rayburn - 07/30/19 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
If you don't know the lake, launch down at caney. Much more open water out from that ramp

Thanks Jarrett!

And a BIG shout out to Ken Smith! Sent Ken a pm and left him my cell number. Called me back and gave me some really good info on getting around Big Sam. Thanks Ken for taking a few minutes out of your day and congrats on the new arrival!
Posted By: Outlaw Outdoors

Re: Hotels near Rayburn - 07/30/19 12:37 PM

Cassels Boykin is very safe. Go across the bridge one night and eat at Dairy Mart in Broaddus.

Re: Hotels near Rayburn - 07/30/19 01:12 PM

Thanks Outlaw...we'll try that one!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum