Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Worth Mystery

Posted By: Jake Blood

Lake Worth Mystery - 07/28/19 05:24 PM

Wondering if anyone else is having trouble figuring out lake worth at the moment. My last three trips out I have caught only one bass. I can normally scratch up 5 or 6 on a bad day...but not now. One of the trips I did not even get a bite..a tug..nothing in 3 hours...so odd for that lake. I have fishes deep, shallow, in the reeds, docks, bridges...and have thrown just about everything I have...I mostly fish mornings and evenings...anyone else having this problem?
Posted By: Ranger 177

Re: Lake Worth Mystery - 07/28/19 08:06 PM

I have fished this lake for 30 plus years. This is as tough as I’ve ever seen. I truly believe that last years floods washed a lot of fish over the spill way. Also not seeing near the baitfish as normal. I think this lake needs a boost with some help from parks and wildlife stockings Just my opinion
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Lake Worth Mystery - 07/28/19 08:10 PM

EM also having issues. I caught 2 on worth yesterday, and one on EM today...
Posted By: NTX6807

Re: Lake Worth Mystery - 07/28/19 08:11 PM

One guy has them Figured out. Didn’t he catch like 23lbs last Sunday there? Taken a lot of my Wednesday night money

Re: Lake Worth Mystery - 07/29/19 04:37 AM

Glad I am not the only one struggling..but damn..23 pounds makes me feel like sh*t though lol
Posted By: buda13

Re: Lake Worth Mystery - 07/29/19 10:17 AM

Funny thing about the 22 lbs, he had another boat fishing beside him all day with the same baits and they didn’t catch a limit. Not to mention the other 5 boats or so fishing all the same water all day also. The fish are there, just gotta figure out how to make them bite. My last 4 trips have produced 6 fish over 5 lbs.. all from one area. I ran all over the place yesterday trying to find something else and managed about a 8-10 lb limit. Never sniffed a decent sized fish. 14 lbs took home about $500 last Wednesday night.
Posted By: Clark3

Re: Lake Worth Mystery - 07/29/19 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by buda13
Funny thing about the 22 lbs, he had another boat fishing beside him all day with the same baits and they didn’t catch a limit. Not to mention the other 5 boats or so fishing all the same water all day also. The fish are there, just gotta figure out how to make them bite. My last 4 trips have produced 6 fish over 5 lbs.. all from one area. I ran all over the place yesterday trying to find something else and managed about a 8-10 lb limit. Never sniffed a decent sized fish. 14 lbs took home about $500 last Wednesday night.

Definitely bait/presentation specific. Even at that, we only got 5 bites that day and all 5 made In the boat. You never know how many times you miss a fish, they take your end of your bait, they get off, etc that’s it’s a good fish and they are hard to come by right now.

Re: Lake Worth Mystery - 07/29/19 12:45 PM

Those fish must have won some money..they were never that picky...lol
Posted By: buda13

Re: Lake Worth Mystery - 07/29/19 02:26 PM

It should start getting back to normal lake Worth soon.. .the level is finally getting back to normal for this time of year and they have started releasing water from EM again.

Re: Lake Worth Mystery - 07/29/19 10:26 PM

If it dont I am holding you accountable lol....
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum