Texas Fishing Forum

TM Foot Tension

Posted By: mak123

TM Foot Tension - 07/27/19 04:58 PM

Hi. Got a question. I am new to foot control. Always used hand control on minn Kota max. I adjusted the tension screw pretty tight. Thinking it would help with control to tap the thrust button without moving motor around. Also it may help me keep my foot positioned on the pedal. Before I secure back down to the foot tray, what are your thoughts and how is your tension set? Thank you.
Posted By: Neches

Re: TM Foot Tension - 07/27/19 05:10 PM

Just enough tension so that when it’s deployed it doesn’t turn on it’s own. If it’s turned to the right it should stay there on it’s own until you put your foot back on the pedal. Also when you are running at 100% it shouldn’t try to walk back and forth.
Posted By: Neches

Re: TM Foot Tension - 07/27/19 05:12 PM

To much tension can wear the cables out
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: TM Foot Tension - 07/27/19 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Neches
To much tension can wear the cables out
....and break the cable drums too. The cable tension is to take the slop out of the cables.
Posted By: mak123

Re: TM Foot Tension - 07/28/19 02:44 AM

Thank you for the comments. It is set so when I put foot on pedal it does not move up or down. I can move foot to pulseswitch without pedal moving around. Before weight of foot on pedal would move motor when pulsing. I seem to be able to keep foot on pedal when fishing. Still getting used to it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum