Texas Fishing Forum

Palestine Conditions

Posted By: SmalljawNH

Palestine Conditions - 07/25/19 01:23 PM

I ordered the Lake Palestine Guide Lanes chip and will probably have it before the weekend. I've never been down that way and was curious if anyone had general info on the conditions (temp, productive depths, etc.) and if there is any grass and where.

My tentative plan is to launch in Kickapoo and idle most of the time looking for grass and hard targets to fish. Google Earth shows grass up that way a few years ago but I know these lakes can change a lot from year to year. Navionics shows quite a bit as well ad it looks like a pretty interesting area.

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Palestine Conditions - 07/25/19 01:29 PM

Palestine is pretty void of vegetation for the most part. Way back in flat or in Kickapoo there may be some. It's mostly a hard structure lake with lots of stumps
Posted By: Fishingking

Re: Palestine Conditions - 07/25/19 01:44 PM

Good luck getting around in Kickapoo if you have never been there chip or no chip. Go fish Old Folks.

Re: Palestine Conditions - 07/25/19 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
Palestine is pretty void of vegetation for the most part. Way back in flat or in Kickapoo there may be some. It's mostly a hard structure lake with lots of stumps

Originally Posted by Fishingking
Good luck getting around in Kickapoo if you have never been there chip or no chip. Go fish Old Folks.

Thank you. I will keep this in mind.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Palestine Conditions - 07/25/19 03:18 PM

You should see lily pads scattered here and there in Kickapoo and Kickapoo bay, try a frog in and around those. I've also caught'em around the boat docks on the north side of Kickapoo bay. Good luck and don't forget the 'ol tried and true black/blue jig with Rage Craw trailer.
Posted By: txsuperman

Re: Palestine Conditions - 07/25/19 03:58 PM

Fished last Sunday on main lake. Water temp was 88. We fished deep road beds and bridges most of the time. Caught 8 on 10in worms in 15ft., mostly small Kentuckys. Then hit some main lake points in 15to20ft and that's where we found our better fish. Nothing over 5lbs, but solid 3-5lb fish.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Palestine Conditions - 07/25/19 04:53 PM

kickapoo with a frog and a swim bait thumb

Re: Palestine Conditions - 07/29/19 04:54 PM

Thank you, everyone. I postponed the trip down so I would have the lanes loaded on my graph. I should get them from USPS today.

I will report back after my trip to let everyone know how I did.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum