Texas Fishing Forum

Recognize xi5 part???

Posted By: Zebco1961

Recognize xi5 part??? - 07/22/19 06:30 PM

These two clips fell from my xi5. Can't believe I found them..I believe they have something to do with the deploy / locking mechanism. Anybody recognize or can explain to me how they go back on?
If you can text or call would be great. Thanks ahead of time.

903-948-3670
Phillip [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Recognize xi5 part??? - 07/23/19 06:37 PM

Help
Posted By: Wes H

Re: Recognize xi5 part??? - 07/23/19 09:07 PM

https://www.perfprotech.com/mercury-marine-parts-catalog/umodel/15043

Here's the parts breakdown. Don't see those though.

Re: Recognize xi5 part??? - 07/23/19 09:42 PM

I also looked at exploded view, and did not see them. I believe they are something to do with providing tension in the 2 deployment lock/ears, but I cannot figure it out.
Posted By: 1442

Re: Recognize xi5 part??? - 07/24/19 02:43 AM

I have looked at parts diagrams galore and don't see those parts at all
Only thing I can figure is that they are like wear plates that would be used like guide bushings.
They don't look like springs to me but look like they just sit between two parts that move to prevent wear.
Maybe behind the lock/ear things within the deket assembly which is listed as one part and not broken down in the schematics.
One of them looks a little bent though and it don't seem like they would get bent in there, but it don't seem like they should fall out either.
Where did you find them?

Re: Recognize xi5 part??? - 07/24/19 08:28 AM

Saw one hanging loosely from the deployment ear locking device ( not sure of correct name). Then noticed the other in the same condition on the other side
Posted By: 1442

Re: Recognize xi5 part??? - 07/24/19 12:54 PM

That's where I was thinking they may be from between the ear locking device parts that move to prevent wear of plastic moving against plastic.
That's the only place not shown disassembled in the parts diagrams and also about where you found them.
They also appear to be small enough to fit in there so I would look close in that area and maybe try to remove one of the locking ears to see if there's a place for them to clip over on one end and an indention for the other end to sit in.
Good luck with it, I'm just grasping at straws as I've never laid hands on an Xi5 nor looked at one up close in person.

Re: Recognize xi5 part??? - 07/24/19 11:46 PM

Thank you for your kindness and consideration
Posted By: scottsoutdoorworld

Re: Recognize xi5 part??? - 07/25/19 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Zebco1961
These two clips fell from my xi5. Can't believe I found them..I believe they have something to do with the deploy / locking mechanism. Anybody recognize or can explain to me how they go back on?

903-948-3670
Phillip [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

here is a pic so you can see them instead of me trying to tell you [Linked Image]

Re: Recognize xi5 part??? - 07/25/19 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by scottsoutdoorworld
Originally Posted by Zebco1961

903-948-3670
Phillip [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

here is a pic so you can see them instead of me trying to tell you [Linked Image]

WOW! Lifesaver. Can't say enough thanks! Some great info and people here
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum