Texas Fishing Forum

Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? Updated info

Posted By: Rocky Robison

Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? Updated info - 07/22/19 03:49 AM

Dallas has given Grand Prairie the park on the west side of the lake on Hardy Road. I haven't seen the park lately but the last time I was there it had a nice walking pad all around it, dog park, quite a few frisbee golf baskets several basketball courts. I have pitched a pay ramp to Grand Prairie Mayor Ron Jensen.
How many people would be interested in a safe and maintained ramp on the Grand Prairie side of the lake?

Updated info on the progression of this in a later post below.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 07/22/19 10:42 AM

Very interested
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 07/22/19 11:18 AM

I
Posted By: James P.

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 07/22/19 02:08 PM

X100
Posted By: buda13

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 07/22/19 03:27 PM

Absolutely... fun little lake.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 07/22/19 03:28 PM

I dunno about safe but I'd pay to launch there
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 07/22/19 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by bradnitro175
I dunno about safe but I'd pay to launch there

GP side would be safer than they Dallas side for sure...
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 07/22/19 05:28 PM

Yes GP side would be good
Posted By: 361V

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 07/22/19 08:21 PM

I would be shocked but that would be amazing! I grew up in Grand Prairie like the OP. People don’t realize that the property on the west side of Mountain Creek Lake(Grand Prairie side) is actually in the city limits of Dallas including the Grand Prairie municipal golf course on the lake. I left Grand Prairie many years ago but remember hearing my entire life that although in Dallas City limits the property on the west side of the lake pays property taxes to the city of Grand Prairie to provide police, fire.....services because of the logistics and costs of providing city services to a small area that’s basically cut off from Dallas because of the lake. Especially back when there was no 303 toll bridge. If they did build a ramp south of the toll bridge it would be a long one! Lakes really swallow above the bridge. Hope it happens! [Linked Image]
Posted By: T-racer @ Mallard Marine

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 07/22/19 09:15 PM

Man this would be super awesome. I went to college out at Dallas Baptist across the street and we loved Mountain Creek. I don't care how trashy that lake is, I love it.

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 07/22/19 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by 361V
I would be shocked but that would be amazing! I grew up in Grand Prairie like the OP. People don’t realize that the property on the west side of Mountain Creek Lake(Grand Prairie side) is actually in the city limits of Dallas including the Grand Prairie municipal golf course on the lake. I left Grand Prairie many years ago but remember hearing my entire life that although in Dallas City limits the property on the west side of the lake pays property taxes to the city of Grand Prairie to provide police, fire.....services because of the logistics and costs of providing city services to a small area that’s basically cut off from Dallas because of the lake. Especially back when there was no 303 toll bridge. If they did build a ramp south of the toll bridge it would be a long one! Lakes really swallow above the bridge. Hope it happens! [Linked Image]

Neil, you are correct about Dallas incorporating that whole area and the taxes some of which still goes to the city of Dallas. I'm sure that is why Dallas was only willing to give up just the park and not letting Grand Prairie annex the entire residential neighborhoods out there.

I have spoken to Mayor Jensen the last 2 days about this, he questioned the fish ban, and I explained to him that it is only a fish consumption advisory now, but signs would have to be posted if a ramp was installed.
If it does come to fruition, the ramp would be on the north side of the toll bridge somewhere around Lakeview and Hardy Rd. close to the pavilion, approximately 1/4 mile north of where that little old ramp use to be close to the bridge. Since this is the only area Dallas gave GP. He also said once Grand Prairie does take possession of the park, we'll talk more about it.
I'm hoping enough people will post positively on this topic so I can send a link to Mayor Jensen to show the interest a ramp on MCL has.
Posted By: jbcarroll3000

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 07/23/19 12:28 AM

Interested for sure.
Posted By: Bigbass93

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 07/23/19 02:56 AM

Im interested! I know a lot of people that miss fishing that lake!

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 07/26/19 04:40 PM

I'm really surprised there hasn't been more interest in this!
I'm not going to pursue it any further with the Mayor since there is so little interest. I don't even have a boat available here to launch, just thought I'd help the locals at least get access to another body of water in the metroplex.
If someone else wants to pursue it, contact Grand Prairie Mayor Ron Jensen.

Might have posted prematurely! First time for that to ever happen!
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 07/26/19 08:27 PM

I’d be willing to pay a decent yearly fee to use a quality ramp at that lake.
Posted By: Lee Finlay

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 07/26/19 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Rocky Robison
I'm not going to pursue it any further with the Mayor since there is so little interest. I don't even have a boat available here to launch, just thought I'd help the locals at least get access to another body of water in the metroplex.

Is this the only place you are trying to gauge the interest?

My experience with forums taught me that most people will either agree with you and not bother to post, or they will disagree with you through several pages of posts.

You've gotten nothing but positive feedback from everyone who posted. That's fantastic.

Don't be bummed because this thread isn't 4 pages long with everyone saying how much they love the idea.

Just my two cents.

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 07/26/19 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Same the Fishing is good and it's about the most peaceful place a man can relax and catch a few fish in the metro mess

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 07/26/19 11:08 PM

+1.
Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 07/27/19 12:23 AM

I’ll mention it to a city council member or two.

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 07/27/19 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by Lee Finlay

Is this the only place you are trying to gauge the interest?

My experience with forums taught me that most people will either agree with you and not bother to post, or they will disagree with you through several pages of posts.

You've gotten nothing but positive feedback from everyone who posted. That's fantastic.

Don't be bummed because this thread isn't 4 pages long with everyone saying how much they love the idea.

Just my two cents.

Lee Finlay, to answer your question, yes, it is basically the only place I've posted!
Can you tell me one other place or forum that I could post that can reach as many fishermen or women that fish the metroplex?
If you know of one or several, and you are interested in this ramp, post away on them, tell them I don't really post much on other social media sites and to come on over to the TFF and reply. I would really like to only have one link to give the mayor and hope this explains why I'm only posting here.
I have spoken to other people really into fishing the metro area and that are in local Bass Clubs so they can spread the word, but a lot are on here and so are the club members they'd reach out to, but if they aren't on here I've explained to them to reach out to others and contact the mayor.

My experience with forums and my experience in the fishing industry tells me that if it is fishing related to this area, this is where a question like this will get the most results, whether good or bad.

What can they disagree with, I asked how many people would be interested in a ramp in my OP? If they can find a way to disagree with that question, well I'm not here for a debate on it!
I also understand and agree, there will be plenty that would like a ramp but not post at all.

I know all the responses have been positive and have gotten a few good responses by PM too, just thought there would have been at least a little more interest or replies yayin or nayin out of 560 views when I posted that. Yes I could probably give it more time and have more replies, but my later comment will explain why I really don't have time, but there might be a but

I'm not bummed about anything, like I said, I don't even have a boat here to get on the lake, so it makes no difference to me either way. I'm sorry if it came off that way!

I'm the sole caregiver for my elderly mother and just didn't see enough interest in it for me to continue pursuing it when I posted this, since the majority of my time is taken up by my Mom, here is that but tho... but I received a PM from someone in the fishing industry that gave me a little more incentive and reasons why I will give this some more time on my part.

Also, I have some unconfirmed info on the east ramp, supposedly from a DBU administrator. I'll spill it when I get confirmation of it.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 07/27/19 08:19 PM

Might have posted prematurely! First time for that to ever happen!

you seem to be throwing an adult sized fit , you okay??
Posted By: aquaholic1822

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 07/28/19 01:50 AM

Rocky this is a good idea and Ron Jensen will definitely listen...

Check facebook and post to DFW Kayak Fishing page...I'll bet you can get some interest there
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 07/28/19 02:56 AM

Create a Facebook page for it
Posted By: MikeW62

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 07/28/19 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

+1
Posted By: KatFerrari

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 07/28/19 06:20 PM

We're always looking for new places to launch our kayaks - so that would be awesome!

Maybe consider putting in a dedicated kayak ramp that isn't as costly as a normal boat ramp??

Just a thought wink

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 07/29/19 12:57 AM

I have talked with multiple people that are interested but they don’t have a TFF account. I hope this works out. I miss fishing that lake.

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 07/29/19 04:12 PM

1st update.

I was contacted by a gentleman that is an administrator for TP&WD a couple of days ago about this and how they can help. I forwarded that info to Mayor Jensen, he has since forwarded it to City Council members and City Staff members.
I have recieved a group email from one City Council member stating he has left a voicemail with the Administrator for TP&WD.
I also received a group email from the Director of G.P. Parks that said she received the info and she'd review and study it and get back to us within 48 hours.
So hopefully TP&WD and the City of G.P. can come to an agreement and work together to get this done and benefit all parties.
Thanks for the comments, and suggestions on how to expand the interest in this! Keep spreading the word!
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 07/29/19 04:28 PM

Just hope that part of all of this will include regular PD patrol. If not, the trash will trash it and it will become a mecca for theft and drug use.

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 07/29/19 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Txduckhunter
Just hope that part of all of this will include regular PD patrol. If not, the trash will trash it and it will become a mecca for theft and drug use.

Txduckhunter, this is a great post and something that I'll make sure will be in discussion of concerns with the parties involved. The gentleman with the TP&WD is monitoring this post also, so he will know that concern.

Remember one thing, this is now more of an urban residential area and not as rural or desolate as some ramps on East Texas lakes or even the east side of this lake where the closed off ramp is at. Maybe the city will make it day use only and I believe the park already has a curfew set. It has been awhile since I've been there, but when I was going out there the park was well maintained and the area was patrolled by GPPD, but it is a concern that needs to be addressed.

I will tell you this that I know about the area, the park is in a residential area and surrounded by older brick homes on 2 sides and there are newer and more expensive homes on the north side built in the 2000s and the lake shore on the east side. Before the park was built it was just a big field, a few trees with dirt roads winding around leading to the lake and there use to be druggies and riff raff that would go out there and trash the banks with liter and even dump trash and debris, also 4WD vehicles would go mudding in the area back in the 70s & 80s( I'm guilty of this) plus some folks that would go out and just enjoy bank fishing. Years ago there use to be a dirt road leading to a single ramp on the south end of this area by the toll bridge before the park was built, I use to launch there back in the 70s, 80s and 90s before the park was built 2 or 3 times a week without any problems. Now no vehicles are are allowed off paved roads and parking areas in the main park area and since the park has become more of a public gathering place and day use area for the residents of GP, with the Pavilion, dog park area, the concrete walking path, frisbee golf course and basketball court the neighborhood residents monitor it better than before.

Addendum: also since the park will be under the Grand Prairie Parks, Arts and Recreation Department I'm pretty sure an employee will patrol it frequently, especially if there is an honor pay box if a ramp is installed.

Below is a satellite view of the area

[Linked Image]

Posted By: RATZ

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 07/30/19 02:04 AM

I'd love to get out there. Having safe parking at the ramp has always been an issue.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 07/30/19 12:28 PM

I lived in GP, graduated a Gopher.
We used to fish Mountain Creek back in the early 80s. There was a ramp on the west side back then, we used it all the time.

I've had some remarkable days out there.
Posted By: junebug88

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 08/03/19 11:57 PM

Note there is an existing concrete ramp on the west side in the old air force base, just south of the dam.

I do not know who owns that land now.
Posted By: Thanh Do

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 08/04/19 02:36 AM

I like it but I can't! frown
Posted By: Patta-whack

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 08/04/19 02:44 AM

This would be great if can make it happen!
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 08/05/19 01:33 AM

Never fished the lake but often wondered if it was any good.
J D
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 08/06/19 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by junebug88
Note there is an existing concrete ramp on the west side in the old air force base, just south of the dam.

Yes there is.
The Naval Air Station used to have a patrol boat docked there.

That ramp is behind a locked gate with no access.

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 08/06/19 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by reeltexan

Yes there is.

That ramp would be perfect. Deeper water and protected, from the north and south wind.

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 08/07/19 02:50 AM

Any new information?

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 08/08/19 03:11 AM

I’d love to get back out on mountain creek one more time. Lake has a special place in my heart. Feel like I grew up there. Cause I basically did. Lol

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 08/08/19 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by James P.
Originally Posted by reeltexan

Yes there is.

That ramp would be perfect. Deeper water and protected, from the north and south wind.

That ramp is and most likely will remain private, none of us common folk most likely will never be able to use it!

Originally Posted by Josh1
Any new information?

I haven't heard anything yet!

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 08/09/19 02:02 AM

I talked to the people that own the old public ramp,dbu and they said that the city and power plant don't want anybody out there.tru or not I dunno but they weren't budging.goodluck rocky keep at it

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 08/09/19 02:35 AM

Y'all remind me and I'll call the AD at DBU. He'll shoot me straight, I still work on all their boats and am friends with all the guys. I've been meaning to see what was up with the ramp closure. I'm sure it had to do with the riff raff that hung out there. That ramp was a cess pool.

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 08/09/19 03:43 AM

I heard from a Grand Prairie local that there is gonna be a ramp, and it will be a pay per use. It, according to him, will be open in October/November of this year.

Don’t know the truth to this ....so it’s onky hearsay from me.

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 08/09/19 04:40 PM

If that’s the case they better start digging. I drive over to park on the way home today to see if work has started yet.

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 08/10/19 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
I heard from a Grand Prairie local that there is gonna be a ramp, and it will be a pay per use. It, according to him, will be open in October/November of this year.

I sure hope this is true
Posted By: Erodfishing

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 08/15/19 02:35 AM

I love fishing Mountain Creek. Please open a ramp!

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 08/24/19 06:34 PM

The city bigs of Grand Prairie will be voting on actually taking possession of the land the park sits on in early September. If or when they vote to take possession of the land, which I'm 100% they'll do since they are in control of the park and it's upkeep, then more discussions on the boat ramp will take place from what I have been told.

The residents of Bella Lago Estates just north of the park are petitioning the city of Dallas to become part of GP, and the Dallas City Councilman over that area said he would present it to Dallas, so G. P. might be able to come into possession of the whole west bank from the base to the golf course, but that's a big if. Mayor Jensen says Dallas does not want to give up the tax income on those $250k and up homes out there.

Don't know who your contact is getting his info from, hopefully it is someone more informed than I and it is true.

Originally Posted by James P.
If that’s the case they better start digging. I drive over to park on the way home today to see if work has started yet.

It only takes about 7 to 10 days to prep the bank and slide a concrete slab ramp into place now days, if that long. The parking area and roadway if one is built will take longer than the actual ramp.

Originally Posted by bradnitro175
I talked to the people that own the old public ramp,dbu and they said that the city and power plant don't want anybody out there.tru or not I dunno but they weren't budging.goodluck rocky keep at it

The power plant has no control over the lake and they are in bankruptcy and has the plant up for sale, but someone from DBU might be stating this from misinformation or just told to say this.
The following is the info I got from my neighbor who is a friend of the President @ DBU and supposedly what he told my neighbor, so it is also just hearsay at the moment. DBU has an agreement right now to let the road construction crews keep there equipment behind the locked gates, as soon as that construction in the area of the school (spur 408 to the toll bridge and inside the school perimeter) is complete (possibly 2 years) they will discuss what they are going to do with the ramp area on that side of the lake.

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 08/24/19 11:54 PM

way to go Rocky on getting this going

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 09/05/19 04:48 PM

Talked to a guy that lives close, and talked to a guy that fishes it a lot (he’s a DBU student and had a key). Both said it will be later this year, or very early 2020 that GP will have a pay per use ramp.

I still don't know where your sources are getting their information but I hope it works out that way and their sources are more in the know than mine!

1st off according to the President of DBU, no one at the university has a key to the lock and chain at the old ramp area except their security patrol and the construction company.

2nd Grand Prairie City Council just voted Tuesday night 9/3/19 to approve the adjustment of city boundaries in that area (Mountain Creek Park) and as of now, that land belongs to Grand Prairie and no longer belongs to the city of Dallas. The boat ramp has not been discussed as of yet at any city council meetings. Now that Grand Prairie actually owns the land the park sits on, I will communicate again with the parties involved to have this put on the agenda at one of the upcoming meetings.

The GP City Council meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month and has a citizen comment time if anyone would like to go and fill out the request to have 5 minutes of speaking time on the subject. Next meeting is 9/17.

Copied from another thread.

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 09/05/19 05:49 PM

Talked to a guy that lives close, and talked to a guy that fishes it a lot (he’s a DBU student and had a key). Both said it will be later this year, or very early 2020 that GP will have a pay per use ramp.

I still don't know where your sources are getting their information but I hope it works out that way and their sources are more in the know than mine!

1st off according to the President of DBU, no one at the university has a key to the lock and chain at the old ramp area except their security patrol and the construction company.

2nd Grand Prairie City Council just voted Tuesday night 9/3/19 to approve the adjustment of city boundaries in that area (Mountain Creek Park) and as of now, that land belongs to Grand Prairie and no longer belongs to the city of Dallas. The boat ramp has not been discussed as of yet at any city council meetings. Now that Grand Prairie actually owns the land the park sits on, I will communicate again with the parties involved to have this put on the agenda at one of the upcoming meetings.

The GP City Council meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month and has a citizen comment time if anyone would like to go and fill out the request to have 5 minutes of speaking time on the subject. Next meeting is 9/17.

Copied from another thread.

Seems as everything I’ve been told is happening according to the plans they told me. First GP was gonna squire the land....check, then they would approve it in an upcoming meeting...hopefully check. And DBU’s collegiate bass team does have a access to the key.
Posted By: Bentman63

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 09/06/19 06:50 PM

I have been bank fished at the ramp near the Baptist school. The ramp looked rough and there were huge pot holes. For some reason they have the gate locked now.
Posted By: jbw3

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 09/06/19 06:55 PM

You may want to ask Alvarado about that 7-10 days to complete a ramp that you just mentioned....

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 09/06/19 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by jbw3
You may want to ask Alvarado about that 7-10 days to complete a ramp that you just mentioned....

Waxahachie completely rebuilt an entire park entrance with cement, parking for boat trailers, over flow parking in two weeks. It is actually very nice. So it CAN be done.

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 09/07/19 04:14 AM

Some of the bass team works for DBU security. Cough. Don’t spoil it for them.... hehe.

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 09/14/19 03:57 AM

I asked Mayor Jensen today whether he had any decisions or updates on the city approving the ramp and he told me that the ramp decision was going to be left entirely up to the Parks Department and he will defer all to them. The Parks Director for G.P. is Cheryl De Leon and she has not responded yet since our first contact Sept. 29th.
Maybe everyone that is interested in a ramp should contact Ms. De Leon and let her know the interest a ramp has.

Cheryl De Leon

Director

Parks, Arts & Recreation Department

Administration Office

400 College St. | Grand Prairie, Texas 75050

P: 972-237-8375

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 09/16/19 12:00 AM

Sorry to get everyone's hopes up about a ramp in Grand Prairie at Mountain Creek Lake, but it is not going to happen. Cheryl De Leon sent me an email and I'll post it below, she states a dock, but it means no ramp.
Her main concern is the fish consumption advisory and the safety of residents in G.P..
Y'all can keep trying and contact her or Duane Strawn at the Parks Department to see if they'll reconsider, but people like her are really clueless to the fishing world.
Sorry again!

Mr. Robison,

Thanks for following back up. We will not be placing a fishing dock on this lake as we do not feel it provides the best fishing experience for our guests and residents. Here is why: The lake was constructed in 1937 by Dallas power and light, and was used as a cooling reservoir for their power plant. In 1996, fishing was prohibited due to contamination with PCB’s. In 2010, this was updated to not allow consumption of any fish. Currently, there is a consumption advisory that allows a very few species of fish that are allowed to be consumed from the lake. (Information source: Texas Parks & Wildlife website: Mountain Creek Lake).

Our goal is always to provide the safest environment for our residents and guests. We feel that placing a fishing dock would imply that any fish caught from this lake would be safe to consume. At this time we encourage guests/residents to visit Joe Pool lake for fishing activities.

We appreciate you providing Mr. Hungerford’s information as he may be able to help us with some other projects.

If you have any additional questions, please contact me at 972-237-8375.

Thanks much!
Cheryl

https://grandfungp.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/GPPARD-main_01.jpg

Cheryl De Leon

Director

Parks, Arts & Recreation Department

Administration Office

400 College St. | Grand Prairie, Texas 75050

(972) 237-8375
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 09/16/19 12:12 AM

Clueless

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 09/16/19 09:32 AM

clueless for sure, but thanks for all you did Rocky.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 09/16/19 10:03 AM

There are other lakes in the DFW area with consumption bans that have functional ramps with people out on the water fishing everyday. What a joke. The people eating the fish on Mountain Creek are the bank fishermen, and they won’t be affected at all by the lack of a boat ramp.

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 09/16/19 11:28 AM

A boat ramp is not a fishing dock.

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 09/16/19 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by buda13
There are other lakes in the DFW area with consumption bans that have functional ramps with people out on the water fishing everyday. What a joke. The people eating the fish on Mountain Creek are the bank fishermen, and they won’t be affected at all by the lack of a boat ramp.

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 09/16/19 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by buda13

Guys, I sent back a long email and let her and whoever else made that decision know that I understood her safety concerns but her reasonings were skewed and some of her info was wrong.
I let her know that the lake has never had a complete fishing prohibition but originally a restriction on retaining any fish, then a consumption ban, and now a consumption advisory. I let her know again that signs would be put up free of charge by Tom Hungerford and TP&WD stating the advisory and that building a ramp would not imply any fish caught could be consumed, debunking that statement. I also told her that bank fishermen were keeping fish that should not be kept already so that is a mute point.
I let her know the lake is still being fished by said bank fishermen, kayakers and a select few in motorized boats that had access to the base ramp and supposedly the DBU ramp.
I let her know that the powerplant itself has never had any bearings or deterrents on the fish or fishermen and that it was actually not generating now and in bankruptcy but even if it was operational it made fishing better in the winter.
I also told her that many fishermen in the area do not want to deal with the idiots at Joe Pool and this could and would be another revenue generator for GP.

Like I said "clueless"!
Sorry again if I raised hopes, my bad!

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 09/16/19 07:44 PM

They should just open the ramp back up or sell it if there just gunna let it go to waste.I think we done more work to the parking lot than they ever did.

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 09/17/19 01:06 PM

We used to hold weekly tournaments out there on Sunday mornings. Cut my teeth there.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Mountain Creek Lake Accessibility ? - 09/17/19 01:28 PM

Unfortunately it sounds like this topic is over. Thanks for the effort Rocky!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum