Texas Fishing Forum

Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting!

Posted By: Sinkey

Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/17/19 02:44 PM

WoW!!!!!!!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: E-bright

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/17/19 02:58 PM

The rub rail fell off just looking at it
Posted By: BROWNING STRONG

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/17/19 02:59 PM

80000 $ Boat ...who can afford ?
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/17/19 03:03 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/17/19 03:04 PM

[Linked Image]

Looks like a champion on the front.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/17/19 03:38 PM

Skeeter finally almost has a boat id own haha. They getting there...

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/17/19 03:55 PM

Would take a Legend over a Skeeter any day..... or a Basscat.
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/17/19 03:55 PM

How much lighter is it?
Posted By: KingOutdoorsCo

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/17/19 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
Skeeter finally almost has a boat id own haha. They getting there...

agreed
Posted By: Jersey Dan

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/17/19 04:04 PM

Looks like every other FX. What are we really gaining here?
Posted By: BASS101

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/17/19 04:05 PM

The bump out on the side of the hull is going to take a beating.........
Posted By: Weekender1

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/17/19 04:06 PM

There were a bunch of Skeeter boats at Lake Tyler last night. I was wondering what they were doing. Looking at that Picture on the water I know now. LOL

Jody
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/17/19 04:22 PM

I'm slightly confused about this boat. Is it a different hull or just a tweaked interior?
Posted By: Smash-Tech Custom Baits

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/17/19 04:32 PM

Good looking boat. I keep waiting for a company to get rid of the carpet in favor of a seadeck type material. It makes zero sense to me to have carpet in a bass boat now with the different options and can't believe fishing boats haven't went towards that option. I would love to rip my carpet out and install a custom made seadeck type covering but it would probably be tons of work and I would imagine lots of glue residue left over from the carpet. Can't stand wet carpet after rain or washing the boat and having to soak up as much as you can and putting a fan on it while it's in the shop to try and keep it from smelling like mildew.
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/17/19 04:56 PM

Glad I got my 2018 when I did
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/17/19 05:13 PM

I like it. Just bought a 2019 but next time I buy it's on my short list.
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/17/19 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Smash-Tech Custom Baits
Good looking boat. I keep waiting for a company to get rid of the carpet in favor of a seadeck type material. It makes zero sense to me to have carpet in a bass boat now with the different options and can't believe fishing boats haven't went towards that option. I would love to rip my carpet out and install a custom made seadeck type covering but it would probably be tons of work and I would imagine lots of glue residue left over from the carpet. Can't stand wet carpet after rain or washing the boat and having to soak up as much as you can and putting a fan on it while it's in the shop to try and keep it from smelling like mildew.

AMEN!!!
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/17/19 05:38 PM

Sign me up.
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/17/19 06:38 PM

I always liked the Skeeter stripe on the sides of the hull.....looks like that changed. Also, what are the handles on the sides of the seats for?
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/17/19 07:17 PM

Nice boat but I like the look of the current logo over the new one. I'm sure I'll get used to it though
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/17/19 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by W.BROWNING

Cause you cant afford it?
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/17/19 07:27 PM

Handles are for the back seater when the waves start crashing...they can grab the 'oh sh*t' bars
Posted By: AdvTX

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/17/19 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Grandpa74
I always liked the Skeeter stripe on the sides of the hull.....looks like that changed. Also, what are the handles on the sides of the seats for?

So you can pull yourself up and in while it's on the trailer. I like it

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/17/19 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by AdvTX
Originally Posted by Grandpa74

So you can pull yourself up and in while it's on the trailer. I like it

Exactly. I think a lot of guys in the FX's were grabbing the top head rest on the seat before.

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/17/19 07:36 PM

Some better pics.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/17/19 07:39 PM

Looks great. Just need to find an extra $85k laying around!
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/17/19 07:40 PM

IMO no Bass Boat in the world worth $60,000 let alone 80K plus, crazy!

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/17/19 07:47 PM

I wish they'd especially do it in the floor of the boat. Ranger did it last year and it's a pretty nice feature.
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/17/19 09:31 PM

Is this boat the FX Replacement? Thus the name FXR.

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/17/19 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Sinkey

I wish they'd especially do it in the floor of the boat. Ranger did it last year and it's a pretty nice feature.

We are doing this exact thing to a champion 221. Seadeck type flooring gives you soo many more options too
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/17/19 10:08 PM

Only thing I don't like about Skeeters and I have one are the sponsons. I'm sure they serve a purpose but don't like the looks of them.
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/17/19 10:42 PM

Some better pics.

[Linked Image]

That's pretty slick right there

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/17/19 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by GIG'EM AGGIES
Only thing I don't like about Skeeters and I have one are the sponsons. I'm sure they serve a purpose but don't like the looks of them.

I like them. They serve a purpose. They stabilize the boat They also make backing the boat nearly impossible to keep under control. At least on mine.

That FXR is bad [censored] looking though. I like the interior and the factory speaker locations. This is 2019-2020, I have had to add a radio and speakers to EVERY boat I’ve ever owned. It’s about time a top cap had a spot for a pair of speakers. I also like the slightly wider front portion of the front deck and how the step is cosmetically integrated into the area. Another plus is the gel coated area behind the hot foot. That area gets nasty and that’s where all the dirt, leaves, and used plastics wind up.

I think, for a Skeeter, it’s a well thought out change that doesn’t alienate the Skeeter faithful too much and takes a lot of what some of the newer high end boats are featuring and integrates them nicely. The seats, IMO, may be a little much...but I’ll have to sit in them to see if they are good.

I think the pricing is in line with what a FULLY LOADED top of the line boat is these days. I don’t like it, anymore than anybody else.... but it is what it is. Subtract all the “extras”...ALL OF THEM...and it really isn’t the hull that’s driving up the price. 12” and 16” graphs with full networks, engine data integration, audio system, Ultrex with HDI, hydraulic jack plate, custom colored blades, mounts, etc. That stuff is expensive. Plus the new trailer with new suspension, more expensive wheels and tires, steps, newer fenders, disc brakes. All of that stuff costs money.

I think it’s an A+ for Skeeter.

....and they still have an entry level FXR and ZX series.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/17/19 11:47 PM

The only thing I don't like is the new hull stripe.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 12:01 AM

Vexus did, too bad they ugly as sin.
Originally Posted by Chris B
The only thing I don't like is the new hull stripe.

I agree, is some color schemes it looks like a ranger in others it looks like another brand I can't put my finger on, may basscat?
Posted By: BlueSkeeter13

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 12:43 AM

whatever... flush_2
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 01:20 AM

Good looking boat
Posted By: Jobie99

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 01:28 AM

Does it come with the eggshell gel coat like mine did?
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 01:52 AM

The new color schemes on those fxrs are sweet. The grey with blue console is the one I will be on the lookout for. I just need one of yall to buy it and in a year or two I will pay a cheap price for it. Lol

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by the skipper
The new color schemes on those fxrs are sweet. The grey with blue console is the one I will be on the lookout for. I just need one of yall to buy it and in a year or two I will pay a cheap price for it. Lol

I’ll buy one today, if you enter into a contract to buy it from me in two years for $60k! Lol
Posted By: Coach2

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 03:41 AM

You must have fell and bumped your head. And i dont even own a Skeeter!
Posted By: ETxRT

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 04:43 AM

So is there any actual change to the hull or is is just the top cap?
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 12:17 PM

So other then cosmetic are there any changes? Redesigned side graphics. I like those trailer steps before the fender.

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by the skipper

I’ll buy one today, if you enter into a contract to buy it from me in two years for $60k! Lol

I said cheap lol
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 12:48 PM

+1

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by ETxRT
So is there any actual change to the hull or is is just the top cap?

The hull has to be different. Otherwise it wouldn’t fit to the new top cap in the bow. It looks like it has a deeper “V” in the front to help with rough water. I wonder if it still SOUNDS like a Skeeter.
flag
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by BMCD
So other then cosmetic are there any changes? Redesigned side graphics. I like those trailer steps before the fender.

https://www.facebook.com/jeff.gage.731/videos/10217199642681557/

Here is a video of a video that Chris Zaldain did going over the changes.
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 01:46 PM

I’m not a skeeter guy, but I still like the traditional skeeter stripe on the side... I do like the way a skeeter fishes though.

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 02:28 PM

The one thing you have to notice and admit, is Skeeter is about the only boat manufacturer that every year or every other year is redesigning and coming up with new ideas in the bass boat industry.

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 02:32 PM

Tackle storage looks pretty nice. I do not like the rod lockers though. When they put that tube at the end it really eliminates a decent little chunk of storage that's good for rain gear, life jackets, extra tackle etc...
Posted By: Smash-Tech Custom Baits

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 02:57 PM

We are doing this exact thing to a champion 221. Seadeck type flooring gives you soo many more options too

please send me pictures or post them up when you get done or even while doing it. Very interested in how it goes.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 03:26 PM

Not bad looking boat sitting on the trailer, but still NOT a fan of the skeeters, I'm certain the piss poor finish out and quality have never changed.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 03:37 PM

Gotta get one of those......
Posted By: squib

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 03:44 PM

Carpet is cheaper for the manufacturer to put in boats than Seadeck. They will go as cheap as they can and charge you to do it. I hate carpet in boats and Seadeck makes much more sense. It will be a $5000 add-on feature soon.
Posted By: LakeTylerMan

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 04:10 PM

Oh technically I can afford it but I only have 114 hours on my three year old ZX 250. And I get a bit nauseated when I see numbers that large without tax, title and registration.

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 04:11 PM

It does look like Lake Tyler.
Posted By: Mike@972

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 04:22 PM

I could not agree more! At least make Seadek an option.

It's like new home builders... most will build a $500,000+ home and save $1,000 by installing a cheap carpet.

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mike@972

I could not agree more! At least make Seadek an option.

It's like new home builders... most will build a $500,000+ home and save $1,000 by installing a cheap carpet.

I wish all manufacturers made it an option. The only thing I figure is the lids would have to be different sizes to fill the gaps and make them look right
Posted By: Rodney2100

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 05:00 PM

That is a good looking boat
Posted By: TexasMo

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 05:28 PM

either this is one heavy dude,,, or that boat sure wobbled a lot...
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 05:39 PM

The one thing you have to notice and admit, is Skeeter is about the only boat manufacturer that every year or every other year is redesigning and coming up with new ideas in the bass boat industry.

Phoenix has been coming out with NEW models since their inception, they released new boats this year last year and the year before.

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa

Phoenix has been coming out with NEW models since their inception, they released new boats this year last year and the year before.

What. The PHX??? That was several years back. And a higher side and deeper hull isn't much of a change. Then they made a 20 PHX. That's not much innovation. Coming out with a different length boat is not what I'd call hitting the drawing board on boat design.

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 06:20 PM

What. The PHX??? That was several years back. And a higher side and deeper hull isn't much of a change. Then they made a 20 PHX. That's not much innovation. Coming out with a different length boat is not what I'd call hitting the drawing board on boat design.

Not a very stable fishing platform on a Phoenix , only a matter of time before Johnny buys them too . The last boat Legend put out was amazing (Black Diamond series ) and poof gone with the wind . Not to mention both of the Lee brothers were fishing out of them .

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 06:35 PM

Sorry didnt realize you were such a fanboy for Skeeter. If you dont want facts so be it.

Phoenix started in 2009 AND has added boat models almost every year since.

PHX Elite was just announced and is on pre order.

721 re designed the whole top cap I believe two years maybe three ago.

PHX in 20 foot was new in 2018 that is one year ago not several years back.

20 PHX isnt much of a change your right, JUST A whole different hull and cap. Totally different door layout and wider consoles, wider rod storage for passenger. A completely different boat then the pro xp. And NOW available in 3 models 19/20/21.

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 06:46 PM

Sorry didnt realize you were such a fanboy for Skeeter. If you dont want facts so be it.

Phoenix started in 2009 AND has added boat models almost every year since.

PHX Elite was just announced and is on pre order.

721 re designed the whole top cap I believe two years maybe three ago.

PHX in 20 foot was new in 2018 that is one year ago not several years back.

20 PHX isnt much of a change your right, JUST A whole different hull and cap. Totally different door layout and wider consoles, wider rod storage for passenger. A completely different boat then the pro xp. And NOW available in 3 models 19/20/21.

A fanboy for Skeeter? roflmao Basically, your 3 or 4 answer's just backed exactly what I just said.

And on your facts Jeff.......The PHX was originally a 21' boat. I know. I had one of the first ones around here. And it came out early 2017.

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 06:49 PM

Chris is a Phoenix Hater...LOL
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 07:00 PM

Does Jeff own a Phoenix? Mine is bigger than yours.....
Posted By: buda13

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 07:07 PM

I am a self admitted "fan boy" of Skeeter.... best fishing platform out there, which is really what should matter. You spend 30 minutes a day running the boat and 7.5 hours on the front deck running the trolling motor.

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 07:34 PM

Not a very stable fishing platform on a Phoenix , only a matter of time before Johnny buys them too . The last boat Legend put out was amazing (Black Diamond series ) and poof gone with the wind . Not to mention both of the Lee brothers were fishing out of them .

What Phoenix did you fish out of that you didn't think was stable? I've never owned one but I've fished out of plenty and every 920 and 921 I've fished out of has been an exceptional fishing platform.
Posted By: BlueSkeeter13

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/18/19 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by buda13
I am a self admitted "fan boy" of Skeeter.... best fishing platform out there, which is really what should matter. You spend 30 minutes a day running the boat and 7.5 hours on the front deck running the trolling motor.

+1
Posted By: Clark3

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/19/19 01:30 AM

I wonder why Skeeter sells about 70% more boats than Phoenix?
Posted By: Rocky Robison

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/19/19 04:30 AM

Been in Skeeters since my 1st new 78 Wrangler. When I first saw this new fxr, I didn't like it. After seeing this video and a few more color schemes, I like it. This video is the best detailed look at the boat and some of it's new features that I've seen so far. Sorry if you don't do Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/112541638760253/posts/2764907280190329/
Posted By: SkeeterHawk

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/19/19 02:10 PM

Rich Folk. Meaning 1% rs

Could finance it for 30 years and end up paying more then that by the end of the term.

Maybe put a second mortgage on your house. Call it home improvements.

Boat prices nowaday are stupid.

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/19/19 02:12 PM

I watched the Facebook video and I am a Skeeter guy. It's good that they redesigned the bow deck to give more room. That's especially good for an old clumsy guy like me. Relative to storage, it looks fairly similar to the layout of the ZX 250 with the exception of the floor storage. Larger storage area between the seats is good. There is really little improvement in the tackle storage except the pull out four tackle box crate. I've never stored rods on either side of the tackle storage box because my box is over-crammed with tackle. And the way I fish, the large rod storage boxes would be a nightmare for me. When I pulled out a single rod another five rods would come out with them. If I buy a new boat in a few years perhaps I'd get one.

All in all new is nice but that boat is not a vast improvement on the old product. Does Skeeter have a 300 HP rated boat yet? It's all about the marketing and the video didn't convince me to want to make a crazy spontaneous I have to have it purchase . If I'm going to spend 80 grand or more on something that runs next year, I'm going to buy the 2020 mid engine Corvette.
Posted By: SkeeterHawk

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/19/19 02:15 PM

AND you don't have to replace it every 4 to 5 years at 1400 to 1500 a pop.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/19/19 02:43 PM

[quote=LakeTylerMan]IDoes Skeeter have a 300 HP rated boat yet? /quote]

They did. The 21i.
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/19/19 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bissett
Nice boat but I like the look of the current logo over the new one. I'm sure I'll get used to it though

Didn't take long. Pretty awesome boat all around. Skeeter wouldn't be my first choice but they're in my top 3
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/19/19 03:08 PM

Never ridden in a Skeeter, so can't say what they ride like. The new boat looks really nice, but I just have never liked the way the back end of a Skeeter looks. How Shallow Hal of me!

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/19/19 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by fouzman

They did. The 21i.

With the new Mercury four stroke lineup I suspect bass fishing guys will regularly hang a 300 Merc on the transom. So Yamaha will have to follow suit. I recall going to one of those large Oilman's tournaments on Toledo Bend and some guy had a 400. I don't remember what type of boat. But I suspect I'll start seeing any boat that hangs a Mercury will make a 300 HP rated boat.

I have a friend who has a home in the Keys and he would love to have one of those 28 to 32 foot boats with at least two of those large engines hung on the transom. Talk about expensive.
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/19/19 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by LakeTylerMan

They did. The 21i.

With the new Mercury four stroke lineup I suspect bass fishing guys will regularly hang a 300 Merc on the transom. So Yamaha will have to follow suit. I recall going to one of those large Oilman's tournaments on Toledo Bend and some guy had a 400. I don't remember what type of boat. But I suspect I'll start seeing any boat that hangs a Mercury will make a 300 HP rated boat.

I have a friend who has a home in the Keys and he would love to have one of those 28 to 32 foot boats with at least two of those large engines hung on the transom. Talk about expensive.

Most of the larger trails/pro trails limit the HP to 250
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/19/19 05:55 PM

All in all new is nice but that boat is not a vast improvement on the old product. Does Skeeter have a 300 HP rated boat yet? It's all about the marketing and the video didn't convince me to want to make a crazy spontaneous I have to have it purchase . If I'm going to spend 80 grand or more on something that runs next year, I'm going to buy the 2020 mid engine Corvette.

My 2015 FX21 is rated 300. I assuned they dropped it with this one because of the lighter weight...

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/19/19 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Fish Killer

They did. The 21i.

Seen one on Texoma last weekend that had 3 verado 350 engines. OMG

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/19/19 06:26 PM

No idea about Skeeter but if I call Phoenix and tell them I swapped to a 300 they will send me a new rating plate...

Also coming soon on the phoenix page ANOTHER new model 818 pro, a 18 footer with a wider deck and the wider console than the 618.. I think that makes 6 new models since 2017 when I bought my boat.
Posted By: Joel McBride

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/19/19 06:36 PM

Jeff start a Phoenix thread!!

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/19/19 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Joel McBride

Go ahead

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/19/19 06:42 PM

And title it......"Phoenix Fan Boy!"

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/19/19 07:07 PM

I think I found a video online of Jeff from Iowa
Jeff

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/19/19 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Fishinfellow
I think I found a video online of Jeff from Iowa
Jeff

I can one up that... FANBOY films

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-jiUES_Q9Y&list=FL_lMBVdSMxpnWRTdihQhFZQ&index=7&t=0s

I havent figured out how to add it to my you tube page.

https://www.youtube.com/user/66jjracing/videos?view_as=subscriber

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/19/19 09:40 PM

Here is some Skeeter Fan boys pulling some other Skeeter Fan boys

Posted By: Neal G

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/20/19 12:10 AM

As someone who has been shopping Phoenix's boats, I can say this new Skeeter looks like a better boat but obviously I can not compare the ride between this Skeeter and the P-boats.
Posted By: BTwrestle04

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/20/19 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by Ranger1

Golden. Oh, yeah, and I'll stick with my Bass Cat.
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/20/19 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by BTwrestle04
Originally Posted by Ranger1

Golden. Oh, yeah, and I'll stick with my Bass Cat.

LOL...ME TOO

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/20/19 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Fish Killer

They did. The 21i.

Just the pro trails really. My partner had a new merc 250 on his 210 champion and it started having some issues. With so many backed up waiting he told them to send a 300 instead of fixing the 250 and waiting. The 300 is a beast even on the heavy champion
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/21/19 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Clark3
I wonder why Skeeter sells about 70% more boats than Phoenix?

Because Phoenix is a rebranded Bumble Bee
Posted By: R.J.E.

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/21/19 09:06 PM

Looks like a .Japanese boat, oh wait, it is a Japanese boat.

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/21/19 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by R.J.E.

Huh?

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/21/19 09:11 PM

Huh?

Yamaha- Skeeter- get it ?

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/21/19 09:46 PM

Huh?

i guess.

Skeeter-built in Texas. Yamaha - Japanese

Best of both worlds if ya ask me.

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/21/19 09:57 PM

Huh?

i guess.

Skeeter-built in Texas. Yamaha - Japanese

Best of both worlds if ya ask me.

Japs were pretty smart. Why take a chance on building our own boat, let's buy one people already like and put our motors on it. Win, win. I like'em.
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/21/19 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Joel McBride

roflmao
Posted By: Swimbaiter

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/22/19 02:53 AM

Worth it. grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/22/19 10:09 AM

So I woke up early and tried to find 300 HP rated boats. Looks like Gambler and Sterling. I looked up Bullet and Allison also. Surprisingly on those websites they don't advertise or play up what the HP rating is. Gambler makes a 22' boat. The Gambler/Sterling platforms are some crazy-looking boats as is the Allison. Bullet on the other hand looks pretty cool but I didn't see an obvious over 250 HP rated boat. And when it comes down to it all these boats have an essentially similar layout and storage setup as most bass boats do. For any owners of the above, don't take offense at my descriptions. I just don't see very many of those brands here in East Texas. When it comes time to get another new boat, I'll likely get another Skeeter. Good thing about bass boats is they hold value pretty well and hence decent trade in /resale value.
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/22/19 11:00 AM

So I woke up early and tried to find 300 HP rated boats. Looks like Gambler and Sterling. I looked up Bullet and Allison also. Surprisingly on those websites they don't advertise or play up what the HP rating is. Gambler makes a 22' boat. The Gambler/Sterling platforms are some crazy-looking boats as is the Allison. Bullet on the other hand looks pretty cool but I didn't see an obvious over 250 HP rated boat. And when it comes down to it all these boats have an essentially similar layout and storage setup as most bass boats do. For any owners of the above, don't take offense at my descriptions. I just don't see very many of those brands here in East Texas. When it comes time to get another new boat, I'll likely get another Skeeter. Good thing about bass boats is they hold value pretty well and hence decent trade in /resale value.

Triton is rated for a 300, it was an option from the factory when I ordered mine last month.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/22/19 11:45 AM

Most people have no idea where/how the horsepower ratings for boats come from. https://www.boats.com/capacity-and-horsepower-defined/
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/22/19 11:57 AM

Bullet and Allison are unlimited. You can put whatever you want on them. Ranger 521L and Charger 210 are rated for a 300. I think the Ballistic 223 is unlimited. I'm sure there are a lot more but that's just off the top of my head.

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/22/19 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by 361V
Most people have no idea where/how the horsepower ratings for boats come from. https://www.boats.com/capacity-and-horsepower-defined/

That doesn’t make a lot of sense. A 200, 225, 250, and a 300, from a few manufacturers. Use the same basic block and weigh the same. So a boat rated for 200 should be fine with a 300?

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/22/19 01:37 PM

Lots of unlimited HP boats. Some older models just say any V6
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/22/19 04:24 PM

my 2006 skeeter 21i has a 300HPDI on it. it loves gas and oil. I've also had it to 78mph, once. 75 consistently.
the Basscat Erya still blows my doors off with a 250 on it.
Posted By: RedEar12

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/22/19 05:08 PM

I believe if I was buying a new boat, it would have a 300 on it, Sho or XS.

Max it out and have all the torque and top end possible.
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/22/19 05:19 PM

New boats come with motor titles. That eliminates your opinion redear

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/22/19 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Notaguide
New boats come with motor titles. That eliminates your opinion redear

Either of his choices, SHO or ProXS, can be a title matching motor and flashed to 300. So, his opinion is valid.
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/22/19 06:23 PM

He doesn’t buy boats with titles

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/22/19 10:20 PM

bolt
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/22/19 10:22 PM

If nothing else Skeeter sure got some prime real estate in some non Skeeter fans' minds with this release. roflmao
Posted By: RedEar12

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/23/19 03:27 AM

Sev!!
Posted By: Duke 22

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/23/19 03:50 AM

I love my Phoenix and obviously for my money in 2017 it was the one for me. That being said that is the last check that large that I will EVER hand to a dealer again.As impressive as the new Skeeter appears I will just have to admire from afar. Unless the wife goes before I do then all bets are off.

Re: Skeeter release new FXR boat today at dealers meeting! - 07/23/19 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by billdancejr.
That being said that is the last check that large that I will EVER hand to a dealer again.As impressive as the new Skeeter appears I will just have to admire from afar.

A few days ago I was bored and opened this thread. I was happy with my old 2016 boat. But for some reason I want a new Skeeter and I feel the need to see a dealer.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum