Texas Fishing Forum

Tales from TTO on Eagle Mountain

Posted By: Champion1

Tales from TTO on Eagle Mountain - 07/15/19 02:08 PM

The north wind screwed up everything we found in practice. Not knowing the lake we just got in line and fished reeds and docks. Partner caught a 6 the first hour and then we caught a squeaker right after and were thinking we were gonna be ok. Never had another keeper the rest of the day. Tried hard and tried to adjust but everything looks the same pretty much. How did you guys do?
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: Tales from TTO on Eagle Mountain - 07/15/19 02:42 PM

Had a solid practice and got a good boat number so figured we may be able to load the boat pretty quick. Complete failure. Gave our starting area until about 9:00. With zero fish in the box and numerous choice words we ran around like idiots until 12:30 when we decided to go back to our starting area and try to figure out where those fish went. Still with zero fish in the box I may add. Wish we had done that earlier. Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Ended up filling our limit between 1:00 and last cast at 2:30 and weighed 17.77 for 9th. Really wish we had another hour but thankful we were able to rally.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Tales from TTO on Eagle Mountain - 07/15/19 03:40 PM

Fished another event that was out there solo and had 4 bites all day. Missed one and the other 3 kept for 9 lb 14 oz. All 3 keepers bit from 12 30 to 1.15.

We had our club open yesterday, the day after TTO, and had 3 bites all day. 1 non keeper and 2 that barely kept. Only took 14 something to win the club open with 25 boats or so.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Tales from TTO on Eagle Mountain - 07/15/19 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Brent S
Fished another event that was out there solo and had 4 bites all day. Missed one and the other 3 kept for 9 lb 14 oz. All 3 keepers bit from 12 30 to 1.15.

We had our club open yesterday, the day after TTO, and had 3 bites all day. 1 non keeper and 2 that barely kept. Only took 14 something to win the club open with 25 boats or so.

WE fished the open on Sunday and it was tuff. I heard how good it wae saturday and was thinking we will catch some fish. At 1:00pm ( we only had 2 fish on the box at 1pm) we finally found a pattern and ended up in 2nd place. It was a tuff day for sure.. Might have won if we did not lose 2 fish around 3 lbs at the boat on the last few minutes. Did not fish clean at all.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Tales from TTO on Eagle Mountain - 07/15/19 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by coachallentca
Originally Posted by Brent S

WE fished the open on Sunday and it was tuff. I heard how good it wae saturday and was thinking we will catch some fish. At 1:00pm ( we only had 2 fish on the box at 1pm) we finally found a pattern and ended up in 2nd place. It was a tuff day for sure.. Might have won if we did not lose 2 fish around 3 lbs at the boat on the last few minutes. Did not fish clean at all.

Congrats! Strangely they have been biting better in the afternoon. I didn't get a topwater bite either day.
Posted By: Clark3

Re: Tales from TTO on Eagle Mountain - 07/15/19 10:03 PM

We all have fish stories, ours cost us the Win. We stayed off our stuff Friday hoping they would be there and they were. Had 16lbs on 3 fish early, I lost a 7+, and we lost multiple 4-5lb fish. We were going for 7-8 bites and we got them. Decided to fill the limit with a few mins to go and put a couple 14” dink’s in the well to fill the limit for 17.76lbs. Really expected more of a crowd, but we only saw a couple of boats in the area we were in, one of the other boats had 17.78 I believe so we were both in a good area to win it!

Cool thing about the area the guys that won it in is I saw At least 6 different boats hit that thing throughout the day. The fact they stuck to it and kept going back is a testimony to you just never know when a fish pulls up onto a spot throughout the day. Pretty remarkable I’m sure others caught good ones off it as well.
Posted By: TexasMo

Re: Tales from TTO on Eagle Mountain - 07/16/19 06:29 PM

we pulled up to our spot.. and popped a descent one first thing.. and I though it was going to be on!!... well. I was wrong.. we worked very hard for our 5.. and once again couldn't cull the two little rats we had.. finished 16th.. half a pound out of the money..... we caught roughly 14 fish or so... but needed one more 3lber to cash a check

Mo
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum