Not brushless which is odd.
Posted By: elkhunter7x6

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/10/19 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Champion1
$2,799.00

Pretty much in line with the Ultrex
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/10/19 03:33 PM

They should have consulted with me and made a actual improvement on the ultrex by having buttons you can reach with your shoes on.....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Champion1

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/10/19 06:35 PM

Who would have thought after all the smoke cleared that a Ultrex would be the bargain of the bunch?
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/10/19 06:37 PM

Wow...... motor guide is playin catch-up hard core and is way over priced compared to the GOAT
Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/10/19 06:45 PM

That video did nothing to sway me back to them...
Posted By: Outdoordude

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/10/19 06:51 PM

Competition is good. Interesting to have options in the trolling motor department again.
Posted By: dk2429

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/10/19 08:09 PM

I guess I'm one of the few that prefers motorguide.. our last rig had a MG on the front, and from the time the boat was brand new (1997 Stratos 201) until we sold it in 2016 that trolling motor has never, ever, ever given a single problem. New boat has a Minn Kota, nothing but problems. It's to the point where it's held together with duct tape and zip ties. When money allows, XI5 is going on the front.
Posted By: BROWNING STRONG

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/10/19 08:15 PM

When is it available ?

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/10/19 08:22 PM

Why only a 45 inch shaft ?
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/10/19 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by W.BROWNING
Why only a 45 inch shaft ?
they have more than a 45.
Posted By: 206champion

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/10/19 11:33 PM

its about time
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/11/19 02:31 AM

Who would have thought after all the smoke cleared that a Ultrex would be the bargain of the bunch?

Not sure it is the bargain of the bunch, basically pretty much the same price, only time will tell, if i were a betting man I would say the Ghost will rise to the top.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/11/19 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Happykamper

Not sure it is the bargain of the bunch, basically pretty much the same price, only time will tell, if i were a betting man I would say the Ghost will rise to the top.

Too late
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/11/19 02:39 AM

I'm gunna sell my boat and get one when it comes out.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/11/19 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by bradnitro175
I'm gunna sell my boat and get one when it comes out.

LOL, now that is funny thumb
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/11/19 03:06 AM

They're all going to sell products.
The Lowrance guys will buy the Ghost.
The Garmin guys will buy the Force.
The MotorGuide fans will buy the new Tour Pro or Tour.

I'm pretty certain Minn Kota has been the industry leader as far as units sold for several years, dating back to when they introduce the Fortex. They will likely continue that trend but might taper off as people buy new boats and have them rigged with the trolling motor that's linked to their electronics. The guys that keep their boats for a few/several years, they'll upgrade after enough time has gone buy to see some reviews. Competition is good. Everyone has to step their game up. We now have 4 options for waypoint anchoring
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/11/19 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa
They should have consulted with me and made a actual improvement on the ultrex by having buttons you can reach with your shoes on.....

[Linked Image]

What did you use to make those? Half the time I have to reach down with my hand, especially to turn the prop on and off.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/11/19 12:53 PM

Watching the MG video again, it will incorporate with Lowrance. Not sure which models, but I’ll assume it’s the Carbon & Live series.

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/11/19 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower

[Linked Image]

What did you use to make those? Half the time I have to reach down with my hand, especially to turn the prop on and off.

Its just delrin same thing cutting boards are made of you could cut up a cutting board and glue it. I originally used 2 part epoxy and as they have fell off Ive used my super glue gel. I used a skinny wheel or cut off wheel many call it on a grinder to cut them and had to put a little radius in them to get them to stick.

I couldnt get my feet down in mine, it was a total pain in the [censored]. I had all these taller at first but found myself accidentally stepping on them so Ive kept cutting them down. Its a huge improvement, I dont know how anyone uses it without this mod, total pain in the rear.
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/11/19 05:52 PM

[Linked Image]

You must have a really deep pedal tray. I accidentally press the buttons on mine with shoes on all the time.
hmmm
Posted By: shotgunwilly

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/11/19 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Fishinfellow

You must have a really deep pedal tray. I accidentally press the buttons on mine with shoes on all the time.
hmmm

Same. I actually wish the buttons were double tap.

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/11/19 07:08 PM

[Linked Image]

hmmm

the same depth as every other phoenix boat out there with a padded deck
Posted By: WAWI

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/11/19 07:58 PM

I have no problem, I hit buttons on accident also.
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/11/19 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI

You push buttons from time to time.

grin
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/11/19 10:39 PM

It’s got spotlock and real steer cables so in my mind less bs.
Head doesn’t spin around making a bunch of racket.
Tour edition trolling motors were great so maybe these will be too.
At least the foot pedal is metal and button on the correct side.
J D
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/12/19 12:54 AM

Wow, the most powerful lift assist in the industry. If you need that much help putting a trolling motor in the water you should consider working out on a regular basis. Seriously.....
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/12/19 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by ezbassin
Wow, the most powerful lift assist in the industry. If you need that much help putting a trolling motor in the water you should consider working out on a regular basis. Seriously.....

Yep. Because no one has a bad back and there are no older anglers fishing... .
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/12/19 07:56 AM

2700 for a trolling motor lol
Posted By: 361V

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/12/19 11:12 AM

Keep talking. You will probably be the one person who do finds the fountain of youth and does not age.
laugh

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/12/19 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Finesse Master/ Dropshot king

Well, how about that $3600 Garmin???

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/12/19 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by basscaster46
J D

That's one thing I'm still slightly confused about. Is the power steering only in use when the motor is in anchor mode? If so, that's pretty cool and I'm sure that the cables will probably last longer.

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/12/19 12:55 PM

J D

That's one thing I'm still slightly confused about. Is the power steering only in use when the motor is in anchor mode? If so, that's pretty cool and I'm sure that the cables will probably last longer.

No, it seems to be used all the time. Seems to be a hybrid setup, the video I saw said it was quiet at 30 degrees at forward; but when you turn it hard, it’s just as loud as the competition. If the electric motor goes out, you can still turn the motor, but it does require more effort. Some kind of assist system.

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/12/19 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
J D

No, it seems to be used all the time. Seems to be a hybrid setup, the video I saw said it was quiet at 30 degrees at forward; but when you turn it hard, it’s just as loud as the competition. If the electric motor goes out, you can still turn the motor, but it does require more effort. Some kind of assist system.

Interesting. I think its a little sad that the second biggest player in the game for a long time fell way short this year. IMO they really should have been the ones leading the pack with better design and more technology, they didn't even go brushless! But it will be interesting to see how it pans out. I'm sure the die-hard motorguide fans will be happy to finally have spot lock.
Posted By: Bryan O'

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/12/19 03:46 PM

I'm getting either the MG Pro Tour or the Lowrance as soon as it is available. Been running a old Tour waiting. Whichever one is to the public first I'll get.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/12/19 04:13 PM

If you had the pins and plated in your spine that I do you'd recant that statement.

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/12/19 04:14 PM

J D

Interesting. I think its a little sad that the second biggest player in the game for a long time fell way short this year. IMO they really should have been the ones leading the pack with better design and more technology, they didn't even go brushless! But it will be interesting to see how it pans out. I'm sure the die-hard motorguide fans will be happy to finally have spot lock.

How did they fall short ? No one has used the product yet that I know of .

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/12/19 06:10 PM

J D

I personally think their biggest screwup was going to the X platform, at least they finally listened to buyers. I imagine they have been taking it in the rear for the last few years.

The Tour Pro does have a few advantages over the Ghost & ultrex. It has the GPS receiver built into its head, no extra puck to mount. It also is also to give SI/DI & 2d to any of the 3 graph brands. Also will incorporate with the new Lowrances (all those foo foo features) I don’t know what the model cutoff is though, I’m guessing it works with the Carbon & Live
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/12/19 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI

Posted By: basscaster46

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/14/19 04:10 AM

J D

Good question ?
Posted By: SC-001

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/14/19 01:18 PM

About time, of all the new ones that have been released, Garmin, Lowrance, I'd say I like the looks of this one the best, I definitely like the metal foot pedal, cable steer, and gps puck bult in to the head (seem like a no brainer, I hate putting extra holes in my boat). Will have to look at them in person but I'd guess this will be my next one, will be interesting what power poles trolling motor looks like.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/14/19 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Finesse Master/ Dropshot king

No kidding. That's insane. Same with the $3600 garmin advanced flasher. If you had one of each, they'd cost more than my whole rig. I have a Triton TR-17 with HDS-5 & HDS-7, and a Fortrex 70.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/14/19 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by shotgunwilly

hmmm

Same. I actually wish the buttons were double tap.

Ya im always hitting them lol mainly the North button

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/14/19 09:59 PM

Interesting they have a 82lb tour pro spotlock but not a 82lb tour without spotlock like the 109, that seems backwards.
Posted By: elkhunter7x6

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/15/19 11:22 AM

There seems to be a lot more interest in trolling motors with spot lock versus traditional trollers
Posted By: expo

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/15/19 12:28 PM

MG does have both a 82# and 109# Tour Pro without spot lock (GPS anchor). Tackle Warehouse has them available for preorder.

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/15/19 03:38 PM

Looking at motorguides link the Tour Pro model is the one with spot lock, the one without spot lock they are still just calling Tour model
Posted By: T Bird

Re: And Here is Motor Guides Answer - 07/15/19 04:36 PM

MSRP $2699 for the 36V Tour Pro
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum