Texas Fishing Forum

Bass Pro Shops PSA

Posted By: T Bird

Bass Pro Shops PSA - 07/06/19 12:35 PM

Pro Qualifier II on sale $59.97

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass-pro-shops-pro-qualifier-2-limited-edition-baitcast-reel
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Bass Pro Shops PSA - 07/06/19 12:45 PM

I see what you did there!
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Bass Pro Shops PSA - 07/06/19 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by fivebites
I see what you did there!

Sup Dawg? Better get you some new reels.
Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: Bass Pro Shops PSA - 07/06/19 01:55 PM

I bought one a few months ago when they were $49

good solid gear
Posted By: JPPlemons

Re: Bass Pro Shops PSA - 07/06/19 02:03 PM

Never owned one. Y’all had pretty good luck with them?
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Bass Pro Shops PSA - 07/06/19 04:47 PM

It's a good reel. I bought one a while back when on sale and another yesterday. For the price it's great to have as backup
Posted By: Ranger8334

Re: Bass Pro Shops PSA - 07/06/19 06:35 PM

Just bought 2...1 in the 6.8:1 and 1 in the 7.5:1.
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Bass Pro Shops PSA - 07/06/19 09:37 PM

Thanks T Bird,!
My brother in law had all his tackle and his rods and reels and his boys rods and reels stolen out of his boat.
Ima get them a few so they can start fishing again.
He was thinking about selling the boat and just quitting but his kids talked him into just trying to stock back up on tackle and a few new rods and reels so they can get back on the water
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Bass Pro Shops PSA - 07/07/19 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Mudbone
Thanks T Bird,!
My brother in law had all his tackle and his rods and reels and his boys rods and reels stolen out of his boat.
He was thinking about selling the boat and just quitting but his kids talked him into just trying to stock back up on tackle and a few new rods and reels so they can get back on the water

No insurance??
Posted By: ETxRT

Re: Bass Pro Shops PSA - 07/07/19 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by fivebites
[quote=Mudbone]Thanks T Bird,!

Had the same thing happen to me last year... I HATE A THIEF!
Posted By: sdavis24

Re: Bass Pro Shops PSA - 07/07/19 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by JPPlemons
I got one a few years ago after seeing them talked about on here. It's been smoother and quieter than I would have expected. Caught a bunch of fish on it (some yesterday!). I ended up getting 2 more over the years as backups.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Bass Pro Shops PSA - 07/07/19 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by sdavis24
I got one a few years ago after seeing them talked about on here. It's been smoother and quieter than I would have expected. Caught a bunch of fish on it (some yesterday!). I ended up getting 2 more over the years as backups.

I did the same, for 50 bucks they are fantastic, but I will pay 100 bucks for a Lews from now on. In my opinion, the Pro Qualifier is as good as any 100 dollar reel, except the Lews. The drag is what I dislike the most on the PQ. I cannot get any consistency out of it. Too tight or too lose, never seems to dial in and I felt like It cost me some fish in the boat.
Posted By: n_fish

Re: Bass Pro Shops PSA - 07/07/19 10:23 PM

When does this sale end?
Posted By: imarangerman

Re: Bass Pro Shops PSA - 07/08/19 02:57 AM

Sale ends July 14
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Bass Pro Shops PSA - 07/08/19 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by outfishdya
Originally Posted by sdavis24

I did the same, for 50 bucks they are fantastic, but I will pay 100 bucks for a Lews from now on. In my opinion, the Pro Qualifier is as good as any 100 dollar reel, except the Lews. The drag is what I dislike the most on the PQ. I cannot get any consistency out of it. Too tight or too lose, never seems to dial in and I felt like It cost me some fish in the boat.

Tighten the drag down solid as you can and be done with it, the only drags most people use bass fishing are on spinning rods in open water.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum