Texas Fishing Forum

Expride or Champion Extreme?

Posted By: Jaden Oberkrom

Expride or Champion Extreme? - 07/04/19 02:58 PM

Tx rig? Have 2 champion extremes. Never have tried an Expride
Posted By: pg79

Re: Expride or Champion Extreme? - 07/04/19 07:41 PM

I was super excited to try the Expride A rods out. The glass rods are awesome. One of my main issues with the
rod though is the build quality. guide a little off, rod may have a slight curve. I know these are really small things, but
it has always bothered me. Maybe the regular (non glass rods) are better. But I love fishing mine on chatterbaits and crankbaits.
Only extreme rod I have is an 804C, but I like it.
Posted By: Mike Andrews

Re: Expride or Champion Extreme? - 07/05/19 01:27 PM

I’m a Dobyns guy sooo..........

With that said Shimano seems to be making some great rods. I had several Crucials back when and thought they were more than just good.
Posted By: Cason

Re: Expride or Champion Extreme? - 07/05/19 01:59 PM

I have owned a few of the Expride rods (7'6H, 7'4MH,7'MH) It was a well made rod with quality components. Light, senstitive, felt good in my hands. But... it just didn't fish "right"- it felt soul-less. I would recommend using one for anything you don't need to feel (walking baits, moving baits etc)

You won't go wrong with any of the Dobyns. They are built great and the company backs their rods 100%. If you have any questions, shoot me a message
Posted By: Ibock

Re: Expride or Champion Extreme? - 07/05/19 02:13 PM

I have 2 7foot 2 MH rods and they are awesome
Posted By: txsuperman

Re: Expride or Champion Extreme? - 07/05/19 07:22 PM

I have both and would gladly trade my Dobyns for Expride. Nothing about the Champion has impressed me. I'd compare it to a $99 abu Garcia veritas. The Expride are more sensitive, and built . Better. my champion broke swinging a heavy 3lber into the boat.
Posted By: jbcarroll3000

Re: Expride or Champion Extreme? - 07/05/19 09:27 PM

Can't speak to Expride, but I love my champion extremes.
Posted By: Damnyankee

Re: Expride or Champion Extreme? - 07/05/19 11:13 PM

Majority of my rods are dobyns, but the one expride I do have, is amazing. Very light weight, very sensitive, but has a strong backbone. (8’ heavy) my main rod for Carolina rigs. Perfect amount of tip to feel the bottom, and set the hook in deep water. All while fishing with weights at the light end of what it’s rated for.
Posted By: Cason

Re: Expride or Champion Extreme? - 07/05/19 11:26 PM

***quoted the wrong post*** I meant to reply to Superman. My apologies.

You must have gotten a bad rod with that champion! Any issue that I’ve had they handled very quick and it didn’t happen again.
Posted By: jbcarroll3000

Re: Expride or Champion Extreme? - 07/06/19 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Cason
Originally Posted by jbcarroll3000
Can't speak to Expride, but I love my champion extremes.

You must have gotten a bad rod with that champion! Any issue that I’ve had they handled very quick and it didn’t happen again.

Said I love them...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum