Texas Fishing Forum

What’s up with Hubbard Creek?

Posted By: Legend08

What’s up with Hubbard Creek? - 07/03/19 10:18 PM

Just spent two and a half days punching grass and this was my biggest bass a 2.5 pounder. Some fish were only 12 inches hitting a half ounce jig. Are the tourney weights down too.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: aggieangler03

Re: What’s up with Hubbard Creek? - 07/03/19 10:32 PM

The big ones saw that white whale rope you’re using. Lol.
Posted By: Squirrely Dan

Re: What’s up with Hubbard Creek? - 07/03/19 10:45 PM

Yep
Posted By: Legend08

Re: What’s up with Hubbard Creek? - 07/03/19 11:34 PM

Y’all could be right. Didn’t know Seguar 20 lb flouro photographs like that. Fish probably freaked.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: What’s up with Hubbard Creek? - 07/03/19 11:52 PM

The Grass is still not deep enough yet. To get the Big Bass to move into the grass it will need to be 20 ft. tall. It may be 15 ft. by Sept.. Keep punching and keep looking for taller grass in areas that no one has found yet; like small pockets and some of the creek channel bends up the river. Saddles on the main lake have all been hammered.

I would be punching the heavy drop shot with 50 lb. braid.
Posted By: aggieangler03

Re: What’s up with Hubbard Creek? - 07/04/19 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by Donald Harper
The Grass is still not deep enough yet. To get the Big Bass to move into the grass it will need to be 20 ft. tall. It may be 15 ft. by Sept.. Keep punching and keep looking for taller grass in areas that no one has found yet; like small pockets and some of the creek channel bends up the river. Saddles on the main lake have all been hammered.

I would be punching the heavy drop shot with 50 lb. braid.

There is already grass in 20 feet. I fished it Saturday.
Posted By: 361V

Re: What’s up with Hubbard Creek? - 07/04/19 02:32 AM

We tore up the bas my last two trips out. All small. Everywhere.
Posted By: Poodle

Re: What’s up with Hubbard Creek? - 07/04/19 03:04 AM

Went for a couple hours July 1 caught first fish at 9am was 6lb 8oz. caught a couple in the 2lb range and that was it.
Posted By: 9094

Re: What’s up with Hubbard Creek? - 07/04/19 01:07 PM

Yes it has become a dink lake. Best to go to PK for the next few years.
Posted By: pil,b

Re: What’s up with Hubbard Creek? - 07/04/19 05:03 PM

20-25 lb stringers all spring long to win tournaments fish
Posted By: Stompy

Re: What’s up with Hubbard Creek? - 07/04/19 06:12 PM

Have 5 folks, 2 boats here the past 2 days. They've caught a total of 13 bass, biggest about 2lb.
Posted By: Clark3

Re: What’s up with Hubbard Creek? - 07/04/19 06:25 PM

Took 25 lbs just a few weeks ago to win.
Posted By: Stompy

Re: What’s up with Hubbard Creek? - 07/04/19 07:44 PM

It's was pretty good for me until the past 2 weeks, has definitely slowed down.
Posted By: 361V

Re: What’s up with Hubbard Creek? - 07/05/19 03:21 PM

The grass is coming up incredibly!! Deep, shallow.... Going to areas choked by end of summer.
Posted By: Ranger 188

Re: What’s up with Hubbard Creek? - 07/07/19 08:12 PM

Hate to state the obvious but a half oz . jig ain’t punching anything. Might try a real jig, 1 oz or 1.25. Heavy jig equals the fast fall your looking for to get the reaction bite you’re looking for. You can probably punch a half oz Texas rig/trailer but that half oz jig ain’t heavy enough, JMO. While you’re at it get you some 50-65lb braid. If braid ever had a perfect application that’s it. That whale rope mono will twist up on you by the end of the day and it doesn’t cut thru grass like braid. Again, JMO

Used to live on HC, coached at Breck - gods country. Best, hardest working kids I’ve ever been around.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: What’s up with Hubbard Creek? - 07/07/19 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Ranger 188
Hate to state the obvious but a half oz . jig ain’t punching anything. Might try a real jig, 1 oz or 1.25. Heavy jig equals the fast fall your looking for to get the reaction bite you’re looking for. You can probably punch a half oz Texas rig/trailer but that half oz jig ain’t heavy enough, JMO. While you’re at it get you some 50-65lb braid. If braid ever had a perfect application that’s it. That whale rope mono will twist up on you by the end of the day and it doesn’t cut thru grass like braid. Again, JMO

Used to live on HC, coached at Breck - gods country. Best, hardest working kids I’ve ever been around.

Grass punching GOSPEL right here!

It’s a reaction bite. Not a jiggy finessie kinda thing. Get a 1 or 1-1/2oz Tungsten weight, a 4/0 Trokar Mag wide gap, and some big, streamlined black-n-blue plastics. Peg the weight on 65lb power pro and use a fast reel and a heavy rod. Flip it in, let it fall, and feel for a bite on the drop. If no bite, slowly lift (one time), and let it fall again. No bite, no fish was there. Move on down a couple feet and try it again.

Big fish don’t need deep. They want shade and forage. 1-2 ft of water under a mat is more than enough. They like the cooler water, shade, cover, and more oxygenated water

Posted By: over the hill @PK

Re: What’s up with Hubbard Creek? - 07/08/19 02:30 PM

Do like the guy said "Go to PK " with the skiers and seados .They will make you crazy
Posted By: Police113

Re: What�s up with Hubbard Creek? - 10/27/19 01:33 PM

Going to Breckenridge to hunt and fish for bass this coming weekend. Don't know a lot about the lake. Any tips would be appreciated.
Posted By: 21elite

Re: What�s up with Hubbard Creek? - 10/27/19 06:45 PM

I have a buddy there right now, just sent me a pic of a 9 he just caught and said 4 other 2-2-1/2
Posted By: 04champ

Re: What�s up with Hubbard Creek? - 10/29/19 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by 21xs
I have a buddy there right now, just sent me a pic of a 9 he just caught and said 4 other 2-2-1/2

I think I took that picture. Pretty fish.

We had 3 boats that caught 14-15lb Saturday and plenty of fish. I caught 20 or so yesterday morning but size was down
Posted By: 21elite

Re: What�s up with Hubbard Creek? - 10/29/19 03:57 AM

Was is a ugly sob with a pretty fish, if so that was him !!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum