Texas Fishing Forum

big time favor to ask...

Posted By: i-Fish

big time favor to ask... - 07/03/19 09:29 PM

Not even sure if this is possible...

Does anybody have an extra ultrex mounting bracket lying around? One I could borrow or even buy from you?

I took my TM off of the mounting bracket to have some work done on it. Somehow, some way, while I was hauling the boat to the house some parts on the mounting bracket came lose and are on the highway somewhere. I dunno. Stupid. I called All-Star and they said minn kota won't be open again until Friday and it takes about a week to receive the parts I need. Problem is I'm leaving for Beaver on Tuesday. Wonderful timing.

So...here I am.. realmad
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: big time favor to ask... - 07/03/19 09:33 PM

I would call Shut up and Fish,...see if he can help. noidea
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: big time favor to ask... - 07/03/19 09:33 PM

I have a 52 inch its complete and worked fine, I cut my shaft and went to a 45 inch.

Re: big time favor to ask... - 07/03/19 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa
I have a 52 inch its complete and worked fine, I cut my shaft and went to a 45 inch.

Would a 52" mounting bracket be compatible with a 45" shaft?

Re: big time favor to ask... - 07/03/19 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by i-Fish
Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa

Would a 52" mounting bracket be compatible with a 45" shaft?

no you didnt say what size you had, you could take the parts off it you need though since you said you lost some parts
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: big time favor to ask... - 07/03/19 10:52 PM

If it’s the little “cups” that ride inside the mono arm, or the yolk, I have some new ones here that I haven’t bothered to install yet. I’m in south dfw area.

Re: big time favor to ask... - 07/03/19 10:54 PM

Trying to think what parts could fall off? I took mine off at the allen head bolt when I sent it for service. I don’t think there was anything that could fall off like that.

Re: big time favor to ask... - 07/03/19 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Trying to think what parts could fall off? I took mine off at the allen head bolt when I sent it for service. I don’t think there was anything that could fall off like that.

agree nothing falls off mine either that chassis is whole and sitting up stairs in my shop

maybe he disconnected the lift shock like they ship them ?
Posted By: Brushhog

Re: big time favor to ask... - 07/03/19 11:55 PM

I have a brand new one you’re welcome to use

Re: big time favor to ask... - 07/04/19 01:28 AM

I’ve compared what I have left attached to the parts manual and I’m missing 6 pieces ranging from bearing nyliners to washers to a screw and a left side bow guard mount. I have zero idea how any of them came loose.

Re: big time favor to ask... - 07/04/19 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by i-Fish
I’ve compared what I have left attached to the parts manual and I’m missing 6 pieces ranging from bearing nyliners to washers to a screw and a left side bow guard mount. I have zero idea how any of them came loose.

Dang man! You gotta check those screws every 8-10 trips fishing. More often in really rough water.

Re: big time favor to ask... - 07/04/19 02:19 AM

I’ll take pics of the parts I have tomorrow. If you need any of them, they’re yours if you arrange to pick them up.

Re: big time favor to ask... - 07/04/19 02:22 AM

Oh!!! Call Zack Birge at Southwest parts and service. When I was there last, he had a whole wall of cubbies full of MinnKota parts. I know they are open 6-days. Maybe (likely) not tomorrow(4th).
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: big time favor to ask... - 07/04/19 02:27 AM

I'd let you borrow my boat before my trolling motor lol goodluck man might try renting a whole rig or something
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum