Texas Fishing Forum

Z20 minimum storage length

Posted By: BrockstaRama

Z20 minimum storage length - 07/02/19 10:56 PM

Hi I am looking at houses and next year I will be getting a z20 nitro and the site has the storage length but I am wondering if that is the minimum storage length, trimmed down and turned motor. Any help is appreciated. 22,8 is the garage I am working with. Thanks for the help.
Posted By: NickHasty

Re: Z20 minimum storage length - 07/03/19 12:49 AM

It’ll be a real tight squeeze at an angle. A z19 would be a squeeze put in straight. Pay attention to how much space you have in a driveway and any slopes...
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Z20 minimum storage length - 07/03/19 12:50 AM

The storage length is usually listed with the motor trimmed and tongue stowed. 22' 8" is going to be cutting it close. However, you can angle it in. Make sure you have a wide enough door. The boats are typically wider than a standard garage door.
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Z20 minimum storage length - 07/03/19 02:51 AM

I did tons of research for the very same reason. If you want it backed straight in the only 20 footer that will fit is a Basscat. And it has to be with the right motor. The Eyra with the old style 250 Proxs at it's shortest length is 22 feet 4 inches with an 8 inch jackplate. The Sho, the Suzuki, and the new Proxs are all about 4 inches longer. The storage length listed with many of the manufacturer's website measures them with a motor toter in place and not in the shortest position possible. Basscat lists the Eyra at 22 feet 11 inches. I have personally measured several of them and know for sure they are around 22 feet 4 inches. Measure the boat yourself. Use a 2x4 on front and back so you can make sure you have the board straight up and down for a very accurate measurement. Run your tape under the boat. Make sure you account for the trolling motor that sticks out beyond the nose of the boat if it does. Good luck. Basscats are awesome.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Z20 minimum storage length - 07/03/19 12:13 PM

If you can, they have 3 car tandem and 4 car tandem garages now when looking at homes, U will loose some sq footage when you buy. in 2015 we looked at all available inventory and only found 9 homes in Katy that had a 3 car tandem with a single door. I purchased one of those.

That was my only check box that had to be met for a new home.

Now your question is, i think they trim down and do not turn the motor on there measurement. Obviously at an angle sounds like it would work too.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum