Texas Fishing Forum

Lake O' the Pines info??/5 july trip report

Posted By: bassmanrudy

Lake O' the Pines info??/5 july trip report - 07/02/19 06:30 PM

With the holiday coming up and some time off I was wanting to hit up Pines. Looks like the lake has come down a few feet recently(was 10' now around 7.5') and I was wondering if anyone had any info like- Is their current/is it strong? Are most of the ramps open? Are the fish up in the trees or out in the summer patterns? Don't need spots or anything mainly just curious how its fishing. Thanks!! banana flag smile
Posted By: ETXfisher91

Re: Lake O' the Pines info?? - 07/02/19 07:59 PM

Launch at cedar springs

I'd stay north and flip. frog or buzz bait in morning
Posted By: MarcM64

Re: Lake O' the Pines info?? - 07/02/19 08:47 PM

Lake is 9ft high. I would throw a frog all day... Lots of duck weed above the bridge... If its sunny, those fish will be under the duck weed! Good luck!

Re: Lake O' the Pines info?? - 07/03/19 11:31 AM

Thanks for the replies! I'll plan to fish up above the bridge then!!
Posted By: Kyle903

Re: Lake O' the Pines info?? - 07/03/19 06:04 PM

My buddy just went on a guide trip on pines , he sais they stayed deep all day. Mainly around Johnson and alley creek main lake structure
Posted By: Kyle903

Re: Lake O' the Pines info?? - 07/03/19 06:05 PM

My buddy just went on a guide trip on pines , he sais they stayed deep all day. Mainly around Johnson and alley creek main lake structure
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Lake O' the Pines info?? - 07/03/19 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Kyle903

But did they catch anything over 2 pounds?

Re: Lake O' the Pines info?? - 07/06/19 09:55 PM

I appreciate all the replies! Recap from yesterday. Stopped in at castaway and wow sure messed that place up! Had moved the docks way over and the parking lot was flooded... I went to the ramp near there but didn't trust running the boat row so went to brushy creek instead. Fished all over the south end trying places that worked last spring(18) for me with no luck. Fished the shoreline, punched the thick outer edge, cranked the 8-10' range just out from the original shoreline, had 1 bite. Went to Johnson's creek and started punching and flipping up there but nothing yet again. Water looked great and saw lots of baitfish schools and small bass(4-6") everywhere. Went deep and Carolina rigged/cranked the underwater road some. Got a cool screengrab of it! No luck there either. Finished up fishing the riprap at brushy and had a fish on for a brief second but never saw it. Someone left a pile of filleted crappie at the ramp. That sure stunk!! [Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum