Texas Fishing Forum

Ultrex problem

Posted By: jls3443

Ultrex problem - 06/29/19 05:36 PM

I have a new Ultrex and the power/actuator button on the pedal keeps getting stuck. I have to step on it a few times to get it too stop feeding power to the prop. Has anyone else had this issue and if so how do I fix it? Thanks
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Ultrex problem - 06/29/19 05:43 PM

I pulled my plastic button up and stretched the spring out a little bit. That fixed mine
Posted By: NoWeighers

Re: Ultrex problem - 06/29/19 07:58 PM

Fairly common problem.. Under foot switch is a small two wire magnetic switch.. Raise it up ever so slightly towards the top of the pedal..

It is a friction fit small little round cylinder.. Just go a bit at a time till you get it right.. seen it a bunch of times..
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Ultrex problem - 07/01/19 12:54 PM

Welcome to Ultrex ownership. When it works its amazing......but they break alot. I'm pretty sure I've had to replace every part on mine in the little over a year I have had it. I'm glad I bought mine from a local dealer. They have fixed everything under warranty. I dread the day that the warranty ends.
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Ultrex problem - 07/01/19 02:29 PM

Mine did the same thing when I first got it. Pop the push-button off and just push down the piece that it touches just a little bit. Really easy fix.
Posted By: elkhunter7x6

Re: Ultrex problem - 07/02/19 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Fishinfellow
Mine did the same thing when I first got it. Pop the push-button off and just push down the piece that it touches just a little bit. Really easy fix.

I have a 2018 model and had the same issue. It is an easy fix but for $2500+ I expected better. My on/off power switch has been flakey since day one as well. You can lightly bump the boat while the switch is off and the unit will power up. My foot pedal sensor board crapped out Sunday as well.
Posted By: jls3443

Re: Ultrex problem - 07/02/19 11:48 PM

I really appreciate all the advice. It’s working great... for now.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum