Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance Trolling Motor

Posted By: Champion1

Lowrance Trolling Motor - 06/28/19 07:39 PM

I just saw this.

https://fishingtackleretailer.com/lowrance-trolling-motor-first-looks/
Posted By: TajChauvin

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 06/28/19 08:48 PM

I expected this motor would be similar to the ultrex but link with Lowrance systems. This confirms my expectations. They will surly get some of the market share they desire. I just hope the competition brings down the price of all units and one day I can justify buying one.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 06/28/19 10:43 PM

If its electric steering like the terrova and ulterra good luck. It says it is ELECTRIC steering...
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 06/29/19 12:12 AM

I can't help but wonder if every couple of years they will come out with a New model and quit supporting the previous one... you know, kind of like they do with their electronics....
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 06/29/19 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa
If its electric steering like the terrova and ulterra good luck. It says it is ELECTRIC steering...

It’s electronically assisted, cable steering. Just like Ultrex. The thing is equal to Ultrex in every way but one....it BRUSHLESS!!! About time. Zero interference with electronics, more power, and much more efficient.

Now....what is MG and Garmins new stuff gonna be like?
Posted By: P_102

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 06/29/19 01:08 PM

“I can't help but wonder if every couple of years they will come out with a New model and quit supporting the previous one... you know, kind of like they do with their electronics..”..

With the transducers in ‘interchangeable’ nosecones you will be able to update to other units easily.
Posted By: BrockstaRama

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 06/29/19 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by P_102

“I can't help but wonder if every couple of years they will come out with a New model and quit supporting the previous one... you know, kind of like they do with their electronics..”..

With the transducers in ‘interchangeable’ nosecones you will be able to update to other units easily.

Elite ti2 and above can update via Wi-Fi so it's super easy with a Samsung assuming you have cell connection
Posted By: BrockstaRama

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 06/29/19 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

It’s electronically assisted, cable steering. Just like Ultrex. The thing is equal to Ultrex in every way but one....it BRUSHLESS!!! About time. Zero interference with electronics, more power, and much more efficient.

Garmin is releasing thiers at icast
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 06/29/19 02:41 PM

Fly by WIRE is not electric assist. Not in cars trucks etc.. AND not in their description...

"Instant and smooth fly-by-wheel steering control gives the trolling motor the feel of a cable-steer motor, but without the mechanical cables that can wear out over time. Regardless of the brand of trolling motor used before, you will quickly get comfortable with its innovative Lowrance foot pedal, which is completely user-configurable."
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 06/29/19 04:14 PM

If it’s quiet like the regular ones.. I’ll have an ultrex 112 for sale! Ultrex is too noisy! I’ve seen it spook fish many times when turning the head!
Posted By: TajChauvin

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 06/29/19 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by SkeeterRonnie
If it’s quiet like the regular ones.. I’ll have an ultrex 112 for sale! Ultrex is too noisy! I’ve seen it spook fish many times when turning the head!

This is why I won’t even consider an Ultrex. I currently run a Fortrex. I fish shallow 90% of the time and hearing that noise when in my buddy’s boat bothered the [censored] out of me. Hopefully the noise issues gets resolved with time. I have always been a Minn Kota guy and would hate to have to switch to a different brand in the future.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 06/29/19 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by SkeeterRonnie

I do agree, Ronnie.
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 06/29/19 09:14 PM

Will it work with Garmin?

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 06/29/19 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by dk2429
like the Ultrex, it will “work” with anything, it will have more FEATURES with Lowrance.
Posted By: ETxRT

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 06/30/19 01:48 AM

Rumors are that Garmin will be releasing their own trolling motor this year.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 06/30/19 02:41 AM

Will it break all the time like the ultrex?
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 06/30/19 03:13 AM

I saw where the 36v is like 120lbs of thrust and the 24v is 90+
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 06/30/19 01:01 PM

Whats the price going to be?

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 06/30/19 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
Will it break all the time like the ultrex?

Hopefully. What would we do without docktalk about trolling motor issues. About how it’s the greatest thing ever, when it works.
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 06/30/19 10:13 PM

Heard it’s going to be called the Ghost.

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 07/01/19 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by Pintail711
Heard it’s going to be called the Ghost.

It says “Ghost” right on the side of it.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 07/01/19 01:54 AM

Anxious to see it and the others. Competition breeds better products.

I agree the Ultrex steering system is too noisy. Spot Lock works very well but needs improvement!
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 07/01/19 03:58 AM

Guys who service them say they are going to be really really good.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 07/01/19 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

How many have they serviced? Hard to predict how they'll hold up when nobody really has them. Give them 6 months on the market to the public and you'll see if they have issues

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 07/01/19 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta

How many have they serviced? Hard to predict how they'll hold up when nobody really has them. Give them 6 months on the market to the public and you'll see if they have issues

Ok, I will rephrase my comment. Didn’t want to mention the website, because it’s frowned upon here. Jon Jones on BBC said he has looked at the Tm and went through the service class, he said it’s going to be a really good motor. He doesn’t just say that about every trolling motor out there. In fact, I have never heard him say that about the ultrex.
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 07/01/19 01:53 PM

If it's electric steering and not power steering with cables like the Ultrex, I wonder if it will respond more like the Terrova or i5. Will be interesting to see.
Posted By: ring fry

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 07/02/19 10:58 AM

popcorn

SE Kansas grass grower
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 07/02/19 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by ring fry

popcorn

SE Kansas grass grower

roflmao
Posted By: Champion1

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 07/02/19 05:54 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqv9cP29kSo

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 07/02/19 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by ring fry

popcorn

SE Kansas grass grower

Where’s the Garmin motor?

Anyways, rumor is, it’s supposed to be $2,999. Not sure if that’s suggested or actually price.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 07/02/19 06:29 PM

Hopefully motor guide comes in cheaper than that!

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 07/02/19 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Brent S
Hopefully motor guide comes in cheaper than that!

What MG shows on their site currently is a true cable steer, they aren’t showing a spot lock TM at this time. If they have one, they are keeping it a secret.
Posted By: Weekender1

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 07/12/19 02:13 PM

like the Ultrex, it will “work” with anything, it will have more FEATURES with Lowrance.

From what I have read It will not work with the Gen 2 or Gen 3 Lowrance HDS. So to get this TM and repalce my Ultrex I will have to upgrade my Graphs as well. That makes it a NO for now.

Jody
Posted By: over the hill @PK

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 07/12/19 02:52 PM

seems they are just jacking the price to what they think we will pay .boats, tms, and engines where does it stop ?
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 07/12/19 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Butch @Hubbard creek
seems they are just jacking the price to what they think we will pay .boats, tms, and engines where does it stop ?

Well, when people stop paying. Until then things will keep going up. Right now the economy is great and people are willing to pay so they are raking in profits.

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 07/12/19 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Weekender

From what I have read It will not work with the Gen 2 or Gen 3 Lowrance HDS. So to get this TM and repalce my Ultrex I will have to upgrade my Graphs as well. That makes it a NO for now.

Jody

The built in HDI transducer will work with gen2 Touch & gen3 with an adapter connector. But no you can’t steer the trolling motor with your graph, ridiculous feature for a bass boat anyways.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 07/12/19 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Butch @Hubbard creek

After all the dust settles, R & D, manufacturing, marketing etc., how much you think they make on a 3000.00 trolling motor ? I would be surprised if it was more than 750.00.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Lowrance Trolling Motor - 07/12/19 10:08 PM

Looks like they licensed the Minn Kota composite shaft and Bowguard 360...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum