Texas Fishing Forum

TPWD Sharelunker update

Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

TPWD Sharelunker update - 06/28/19 06:34 PM

Some really cool science updates on the Sharelunkers. I love the idea of getting their entire broodstock to SAL offspring. Also that they are going to be stocking some 6inch SAL's into the new Bois d'Arc lake.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/newsmedia/re..._medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: TPWD Sharelunker update - 06/28/19 06:41 PM

Thanks for the link. Was a nice “lunchtime” read. thumb
Posted By: BROWNING STRONG

Re: TPWD Sharelunker update - 06/28/19 07:07 PM

Good read . Wish it was something besides Toyota though.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: TPWD Sharelunker update - 06/28/19 07:17 PM

Good stuff! cheers

Re: TPWD Sharelunker update - 06/29/19 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by W.BROWNING
Good read . Wish it was something besides Toyota though.

Yep. Damn shame that ZERO American vehicle companies wanted to help. Pretty sad when a Japanese person owns the WORLD RECORD for LARGEMOUTH BASS, caught(not snagged) in Japan, and a Japanese company takes more interest in helping Texas become THE big bass meca that it is. DARN RIGHT UMAMERICAN. Ain’t it?

Just joking. Don’t go getting all patriotic on me.

Ps....surely this petty remark isn’t because you don’t like a Tundra....we should be thrilled that a world wide leading company cares enough to sponsor a Texas program. I don’t see chevy or ford stepping up to support it.

Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: TPWD Sharelunker update - 06/29/19 02:11 AM

Thought everyone knew this.....

"The Tundra’s engines are built at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Alabama, Inc. in Huntsville, Ala., and transmissions are built at a production facility in North Carolina. Tundra is assembled at Toyota Motor Manufacturing, in San Antonio, Texas making it a truly American truck."

Re: TPWD Sharelunker update - 06/29/19 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa
Thought everyone knew this.....

"The Tundra’s engines are built at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Alabama, Inc. in Huntsville, Ala., and transmissions are built at a production facility in North Carolina. Tundra is assembled at Toyota Motor Manufacturing, in San Antonio, Texas making it a truly American truck."

I do. I own a 2015 Tundra TRDPro. In fact, we are a Toyota/Lexus family.
Posted By: RANDYSGLIDE

Re: TPWD Sharelunker update - 06/29/19 02:35 AM

And the money goes to Japan. Lol
Posted By: Hook'Em 79

Re: TPWD Sharelunker update - 06/29/19 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by RANDYSGLIDE

The net profits anyways.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: TPWD Sharelunker update - 06/29/19 03:00 AM

Oh no jobs in TEXAS? North Carolina or Alabama?

Re: TPWD Sharelunker update - 06/29/19 03:32 AM

Not wanting to start a argument, but if they weren't built here or sold here the jobs would still be here cause people would buy the American trucks providing more jobs to build them. Anyone can spin things any way they want including myself. Yes the net profits to go over seas. It is cool they support share lunker.
Posted By: champRD

Re: TPWD Sharelunker update - 06/29/19 03:44 AM

Wow, can it get sidetracked quick on here. Good forTPWD. ! Just be thankful somebody's supporting them..

Re: TPWD Sharelunker update - 06/29/19 03:47 AM

I agree with that for sure
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: TPWD Sharelunker update - 06/29/19 04:45 AM

Chrysler has been sending money over for awhile now... there is no such thing as an "american" car anymore. it's a global market and parts come from everywhere.

just be glad that someone is backing the program that benefits all of us here in Texas.
Posted By: J2H1

Re: TPWD Sharelunker update - 06/29/19 01:02 PM

Per the link, the Jeep Cherokee is the most American car.Honda and Chevy lead the list down to #13 to the first Ford.

https://www.cars.com/articles/cars-coms-2019-american-made-index-whats-the-most-american-car-404547/
Posted By: Laker One

Re: TPWD Sharelunker update - 06/29/19 01:09 PM

I had heard a while back that Fiat-Chrysler (Dodge Ram) were considering making a bid for the Sharelunker Program. Do not know if this was true of not and I never have seen any news on this.
Posted By: Larry Mosby

Re: TPWD Sharelunker update - 07/01/19 05:17 PM

Good news for bass fishing in Texas

Re: TPWD Sharelunker update - 07/01/19 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Laker One
I had heard a while back that Fiat-Chrysler (Dodge Ram) were considering making a bid for the Sharelunker Program. Do not know if this was true of not and I never have seen any news on this.
Fiat , Huh... well...that’ll be cute. Little pink Italian fairy wand lunker class.
Posted By: Mallison22

Re: TPWD Sharelunker update - 07/01/19 09:14 PM

Good read. I mean the article regarding ShareLunker info.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: TPWD Sharelunker update - 07/02/19 03:47 AM

I work for a Japanese company (not Toyota) and they pay very well, employ hundreds of Americans, and, yes, pay royalties to the parent company in Japan, which hurts the US economy very little, if at all. All of my company’s goods sold in the US are manufactured in the US. At the end of the day, we pay a royalty to the Japanese parent company and that’s it. Toyota runs similarly for the most part.

This is and always has been a silly argument.

Re: TPWD Sharelunker update - 07/02/19 10:57 PM

What else can you say when you work there, Everything is just silly man just silly.lol

Re: TPWD Sharelunker update - 07/03/19 02:47 AM

What else can you say when you work there, Everything is just silly man just silly.lol

I have personal, first-hand experience with how Japanese companies with US operations and products manufactured and/or assembled here conduct business. I didn’t say my company is awesome. I’m not sticking up for my company. I’m just explaining to you how it works, since it appears you don’t understand. They pay me well, which is relevant, because it shows that they’re not just sending money back to Japan and screwing its US employees or taxpayers. If I wasn’t happy, I wouldn’t work there.

And yes, what you said is silly. That’s the nicest way I can say it without violating the forum rules or feeling bad for saying you made an idiotic comment.
Posted By: RandyD

Re: TPWD Sharelunker update - 07/03/19 03:33 AM

If you ask the folks in San Antonio if they want their Toyota plant to leave...and Maybe a US truck Mfg'r Might move into San Antonio to replace those jobs... wadda ya think the answer would be?... My guess would be "why change, Toyota is great".... I'm as pro-American as you can get,..BUT,..a free market economy requires free trade and competition...Japan is a friend...they are smart hard working people... Americans would be better served by higher education and dedication to excellence like the Japanese...
Posted By: senko9S

Re: TPWD Sharelunker update - 07/03/19 03:44 AM

Shimano man...

Re: TPWD Sharelunker update - 07/03/19 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by RandyD
If you ask the folks in San Antonio if they want their Toyota plant to leave...and Maybe a US truck Mfg'r Might move into San Antonio to replace those jobs... wadda ya think the answer would be?... My guess would be "why change, Toyota is great".... I'm as pro-American as you can get,..BUT,..a free market economy requires free trade and competition...Japan is a friend...they are smart hard working people... Americans would be better served by higher education and dedication to excellence like the Japanese...

I don’t know if auto workers would say that or not, but I agree with the rest of your post about free markets and Japanese being smart and hard workers.
Posted By: 361V

Re: TPWD Sharelunker update - 07/03/19 12:13 PM

Toyota’s made in America, Chevys made in Mexico..... Pick your battles but be knowledgeable on both sides before trying to defend one or you come across as stupid. laugh

Re: TPWD Sharelunker update - 07/03/19 07:14 PM

I think everyone knows where they are made. It's more about being a foreign company verses American company, and the reason why they are being built where They are. Funny how just one little comment about money going to Japan brings people out. Yea you wanna buy a Shimano.

Re: TPWD Sharelunker update - 07/03/19 07:19 PM

Didn't say nothing against it by the way, being everything seem to be made overseas. Settle down. Glad you follow the rules. Lol. How is something as minor as saying money goes to Japan idiotic, when it's basically true. I never said they didn't pay their employees, dang take a pill and chill.
Posted By: Chet

Re: TPWD Sharelunker update - 07/03/19 07:25 PM

Some of the profits go to Japan as they should, but the good paying jobs stay here.

Re: TPWD Sharelunker update - 07/03/19 07:33 PM

Yep that is correct, and glad we have the jobs. Never said anything different. it's just sad how it got to this point in the first place.
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: TPWD Sharelunker update - 07/03/19 09:51 PM

So anyways about those sharelunker bass. The one that Gary Klein caught weighed 13.79 lbs. Now that it is spawned out it weighs 16lbs. It seems the trick to the next state record is to hand feed it.

The Sharelunker facebook page is showing the video of them hand feeding the fish.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum