Texas Fishing Forum

Sam Rayburn Report

Posted By: KenTx1962

Sam Rayburn Report - 06/27/19 03:00 PM

Sorry guys I meant to post this here earlier this week.

Posted By: skeeterbugzx300

Re: Sam Rayburn Report - 06/27/19 06:35 PM

watched it last night.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Sam Rayburn Report - 06/27/19 08:04 PM

Thanks Ken! cheers
Posted By: Mallison22

Re: Sam Rayburn Report - 06/27/19 09:37 PM

thumb
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Sam Rayburn Report - 06/27/19 09:55 PM

Wonderful trip. Thanks for sharing.
Donald
Posted By: Coolarrow

Re: Sam Rayburn Report - 06/27/19 11:11 PM

I just wish everyone would quit saying they will bite a white frog on Rayburn. That is a myth.. a waste of time.. throw something else! eek
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Sam Rayburn Report - 06/28/19 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Coolarrow
I just wish everyone would quit saying they will bite a white frog on Rayburn. That is a myth.. a waste of time.. throw something else! eek

I agree man! peep
Posted By: KenTx1962

Re: Sam Rayburn Report - 06/28/19 05:35 AM

So you guys have figured out it only “looks” like we are throwing frogs, actually 1 oz jigs, I’m just really good with video editor banana
Posted By: BBG920xp

Re: Sam Rayburn Report - 06/28/19 06:40 PM

Lol bow_down
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Sam Rayburn Report - 06/28/19 09:57 PM

thumb
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Sam Rayburn Report - 06/28/19 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by BigDozer66

I agree man! peep

I don't know when they started eating eat but I know they were in about 2002 when I started throwing them on Rayburn. All that was available was the snag proof in green or brown. Then it was a sumo frog, then spro.
Posted By: Igofish2

Re: Sam Rayburn Report - 06/28/19 11:39 PM

Great video. Looked like fun. Correct me if I'm wrong. But I always thought, what you called 'needle grass' was just the early stages of 'Hay Grass'. I've always had good post spawn luck in the 'needle grass' when it was present.

Re: Sam Rayburn Report - 06/29/19 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Igofish2
Great video. Looked like fun. Correct me if I'm wrong. But I always thought, what you called 'needle grass' was just the early stages of 'Hay Grass'. I've always had good post spawn luck in the 'needle grass' when it was present.

That's what the biologist told me as well. Torpedo grass
Posted By: Coolarrow

Re: Sam Rayburn Report - 06/29/19 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta

I agree man! peep

I don't know when they started eating eat but I know they were in about 2002 when I started throwing them on Rayburn. All that was available was the snag proof in green or brown. Then it was a sumo frog, then spro.

Manns Rat if you remember that one. I caught a pile on it.

Re: Sam Rayburn Report - 06/29/19 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta

I agree man! peep

Manns Rat if you remember that one. I caught a pile on it.

And the ghost. The problem was with braid and heavy rods the hooks bent easily. We'd take the boze sumo frog and swap out the hooks with gamakatsu ewg double hooks. Huge difference in hookups over the original owners
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum