Texas Fishing Forum

MLF - BASS

Posted By: Fishspanker

MLF - BASS - 06/25/19 10:59 PM

As the seasons are winding down who is watching what?

Mostly watching and following BASS now. A little interest in watching BPT but don’t really watch it much. It was interesting at first but now seems pretty boring. I will check the score tracker once in a while.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: MLF - BASS - 06/25/19 11:10 PM

I'm still a BASS homer when it comes to watching live and keeping up with the tournaments. I'm sure I'll watch the BPT some when it comes on TV. They just don't keep my attention with their format. After the 20th dink being called a big one I loose interest.
Posted By: Ian Fellenbaum

Re: MLF - BASS - 06/25/19 11:15 PM

Well the bpt is pretty much over with for the year. They still have the red crest, and they will film the cup events (the cups are pretty much irrelevant since we will not know the outcome until next year.)

But there’s still a lot of fishing left over at BASS.
Posted By: 206champion

Re: MLF - BASS - 06/25/19 11:27 PM

Bass ,some MLF, and every once in a while Flw
Posted By: Fishing on a string

Re: MLF - BASS - 06/25/19 11:41 PM

Watch both BASS and FLW. I gave MLF a try and just can’t listen to the guys at the desk. One using his radio voice as he talks which is irritating as chalk board scratching. I have even quit following the guys on MLF and got a lot of the BASS and FLW guys Facebook pages now.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: MLF - BASS - 06/26/19 12:16 AM

Mo Little Fish is like watching paint dry. When I am out fun fishing after about the 5th little one pounder I move and start looking for bigger bass. I too have dropped most all of the MLF hands from social media and now follow more people on BASS and FLW . The announcers of Mo Little Fish are terrible.
Posted By: irbf

Re: MLF - BASS - 06/26/19 12:20 AM

I love the MLF format and have watched nearly every day it was streamed. I enjoy kit tremendously!
Posted By: Bass Wolfe

Re: MLF - BASS - 06/26/19 12:32 AM

I like MLF format also. But maybe require a 5 lbs to go out.
Posted By: RHP

Re: MLF - BASS - 06/26/19 12:37 AM

I really enjoy MLF and the competitors seem to enjoy the format. Glad to see catch and release right where the fish are caught instead of some far off marina.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: MLF - BASS - 06/26/19 12:57 AM

MLF for me. I like watching the best at their craft. I also like the format. I still keep up with who wins BASS and FLW but they are now the minor leagues.
Posted By: Techfisher

Re: MLF - BASS - 06/26/19 01:00 AM

I tried watching BPT but just got tired of it. MLF is fun once in a while. BASS and FLW are a once in a while watch also. If I'm on the road I'll stream Bass Live just to have something to watch but that's it. Guess I've kinda lost interest in all of them.
Posted By: matto

Re: MLF - BASS - 06/26/19 01:08 AM

MLF, I prefer that format!!!
Posted By: skeeterbugzx300

Re: MLF - BASS - 06/26/19 02:26 AM

bass & flw. cant get in to the bpt or mlf dink fish tournaments.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: MLF - BASS - 06/26/19 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by Fishspanker
As the seasons are winding down who is watching what?

Mostly watching and following BASS now. A little interest in watching BPT but don’t really watch it much. It was interesting at first but now seems pretty boring. I will check the score tracker once in a while.

Pretty much the opposite of you, mostly following MLF and not really watching BASS anymore, with a third tour being added FLW has got the least attention from me. With MLF wrapping up their last tourney I will pay more attention to the BASS elite events in july/aug.
Posted By: Bass98

Re: MLF - BASS - 06/26/19 06:21 AM

I have followed BASS more than MLF or FLW this season. I tend to find the 5 fish format more interesting just because that usually means targeting bigger fish. Texas fest has been the best tournament of the season to watch in my opinion by far.

I think MLF is great I just don’t like watching everyone catch a lot of the same sized fish, but most people like that better. Problem with BASS is that you just don’t feel like it’s the best of the best anymore. No disrespect to those guys, it’s just most of them don’t have a prove track record yet
Posted By: Tubby

Re: MLF - BASS - 06/26/19 12:43 PM

MLF is pretty intense toward the end of the day. I have several friends that fish it and they say it is very stressful.
Posted By: TexanTiger

Re: MLF - BASS - 06/26/19 12:45 PM

I follow which ever trail is going to a "big fish" lake. I personally like all the formats and the variety it brings, however it doesn't matter which tour is on a lake where they are using spinning tackle and a 3lber is a big fish, I wont be tuning in. MLF going back to back on the same body of water was almost a nail in the coffin for me. I dont care who you put on Fork Elites, FLW, or MLF I am watching every minute of it.
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: MLF - BASS - 06/26/19 02:36 PM

BASS then FLW.
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: MLF - BASS - 06/26/19 04:36 PM

BASS/FLW/MLF (only when they are good lakes)
Posted By: Getajob

Re: MLF - BASS - 06/26/19 07:21 PM

I like all bass fishing....no matter which we prefer I believe competition among MLF, BASS, FLW, etc. is a good thing.
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: MLF - BASS - 06/26/19 08:12 PM

I like the MLF better than BASS and FLW. Actually now I cringe every time a BASS or FLW bounces the fish across the carper.
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: MLF - BASS - 06/26/19 08:50 PM

Another dinkfest this week for MLF, I'll be watching the FLW AOY battle instead on Lake Champlain
Posted By: Bradsr82

Re: MLF - BASS - 06/26/19 09:46 PM

I like all the formats, but I agree with TexanTiger. It's much more entertaining for any event when they are fishing big bass lakes.
Posted By: Barn

Re: MLF - BASS - 06/26/19 10:10 PM

I like watch the best of the best compete against each other in BPT regardless of format. FLW and BASS are more like the watch minor leagues now with the exception of couple of top level anglers in each. It's competitive in it's own right but it is not the level of anglers it used to be. I think the biggest factor is the lake and time of year that determines if it a hogfest or dinkfest. BASS & FLW have their share of little fish / fairy wand tournaments too.
Posted By: TxBazzn

Re: MLF - BASS - 06/26/19 10:15 PM

1)BASS
2)MLF-BPT
3FLW
4)MLF

If MLF’s BPT would go to the Texas Fest format and fish for best 5, fire the entire TV crew and do what they do best (Steal from BASS) and get Zona then it’s a slam dunk #1 in my opinion.

The legacy MLF format and show is just too repetitive and it is annoying seeing so many yell it’s a big one.
Posted By: Ian Fellenbaum

Re: MLF - BASS - 06/27/19 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by TxBazzn
1)BASS
2)MLF-BPT
3FLW
4)MLF

If MLF’s BPT would go to the Texas Fest format and fish for best 5, fire the entire TV crew and do what they do best (Steal from BASS) and get Zona then it’s a slam dunk #1 in my opinion.

The legacy MLF format and show is just too repetitive and it is annoying seeing so many yell it’s a big one.

Couldn’t agree more. And honestly watching the new guys at BASS this year has been interesting.
I’ve probably only watched 30 minutes of the bpt this year, it doesn’t interest me. I think it’s great for kids and people who haven’t been fishing very long to watch, I think it would even be a fun format to fish, just boring as hell to watch IMO.
Posted By: shotgunwilly

Re: MLF - BASS - 06/27/19 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Ian Fellenbaum
Originally Posted by TxBazzn
1)BASS
2)MLF-BPT
3FLW
4)MLF

Couldn’t agree more. And honestly watching the new guys at BASS this year has been interesting.
I’ve probably only watched 30 minutes of the bpt this year, it doesn’t interest me. I think it’s great for kids and people who haven’t been fishing very long to watch, I think it would even be a fun format to fish, just boring as hell to watch IMO.

Feel the exact same way as both comments.

After the first 2 events I started having no clue that events were even going on. Gets old very quick.
Posted By: Champion1

Re: MLF - BASS - 06/27/19 06:40 PM

BASS most of the time unless MLF or FLW are the only thing on.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: MLF - BASS - 06/27/19 06:53 PM

The only reason i follow MLF is because that is where the fishermen are that i pull for.

If the current anglers fishing BASS or FLW were fishing MLF, id have no interest in it.

With that being said, ive tried to follow FLW and BASS as much as I could this year to observe the newcomers and other not so well known anglers.

If any of the stars were to leave MLF, the following would leave as well.

I dont believe the anglers really care which format they fish, their decisions will be made based on what is better career choice and where they feel they can make more money.
Posted By: Smash-Tech Custom Baits

Re: MLF - BASS - 06/27/19 07:15 PM

I haven't been able to get into the MLF/BPT at all even though that's where most of the big name guys are. I've tried watching some of the live, but it just doesn't keep my interest. I find myself going out of my way to watch BASS live though. To me it's just a much better product all around. Zona, Hite and Sanders are much better at their job than the MLF crew and I would much rather watch someone grinding it out trying to find the key bites they need instead of someone running to a school of gimme 1 pounders and running away with it. Tournament fishing to me will always be about 5 fish and being able to put it together and fish clean every day of the tournament. With the MLF format and zeroing of weights between rounds etc that has gone away. I want to see the guy that put it together throughout the whole tournament win, instead of someone who squeeked by in earlier rounds and then stumbled on the mother load at the end. I've really enjoyed watching Zaldain and the rest of the BASS guys this year. I'm sure the MLF format is fun to fish and I guess it appeals to the masses that just want to see fish catch after fish catch, but that's not why I follow tournament fishing. It seems to me they are losing the base of their main fans to gain a different demographic audience.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum