Texas Fishing Forum

Hydrowave

Posted By: Sdavis37

Hydrowave - 06/23/19 06:33 PM

Thoughts on the Hydrowave
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Hydrowave - 06/23/19 07:13 PM

I got one as a gift. Jury’s still out on this one.
Posted By: TajChauvin

Re: Hydrowave - 06/23/19 10:50 PM

I’ll sell you a Gen 1 sitting in my garage. Took it off because it did not fit my fishing style.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Hydrowave - 06/23/19 10:55 PM

Since I got rid of mine I've started catching fish again. I think those Bobo Thumpers have proved more effective. That and those 'ol crank type telephones.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Hydrowave - 06/23/19 10:58 PM

Ive turned it on and off and had bait fish come right in and fill my 360 screen and then disperse when off and come back when on. Ive also watched many fish come up off the bottom and check it out.

Cant say its helped me catch fish. I dont have it on my boat now need to send it in for repair again.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Hydrowave - 06/23/19 11:20 PM

If you are using a Hydrowave and a Jackhammer fish will give up and jump in boat.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Hydrowave - 06/24/19 11:47 AM

What is going to be interesting is to watch the effects of the hydrowave when running Livescope. It will tell the truth.
Posted By: over the hill @PK

Re: Hydrowave - 06/24/19 02:05 PM

many times I have had fish come right up to it looking for that food .
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Hydrowave - 06/24/19 03:15 PM

Gimmick
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Hydrowave - 06/24/19 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by David Welcher
What is going to be interesting is to watch the effects of the hydrowave when running Livescope. It will tell the truth.

Likely they already have footage. One can be led to assume the results were not what they expected. Otherwise, IMHO, we would've already seen the video as proof of how good they really are.

Re: Hydrowave - 06/24/19 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by David Burton

Likely they already have footage. One can be led to assume the results were not what they expected. Otherwise, IMHO, we would've already seen the video as proof of how good they really are.

Did you read my post? I have no vested interest.. on fork I turned it on when I saw a single large bait ball........ on my 360 they they surrounded my boat almost solid.. I turned it off and they moved away on and they moved back..

I didnt catch any fish, theres no telling if you can get more bites because of it and I dont see what video on my live scope would prove, It doesnt read fish minds and say I ate this because I heard your sounds...
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: Hydrowave - 06/25/19 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by sprigsss
If you are using a Hydrowave and a Jackhammer fish will give up and jump in boat.

Only if you use magic word . Gamechanger
Posted By: TX Strampion

Re: Hydrowave - 06/25/19 07:29 PM

I agree. There are a lot of livescope videos out there, from catching fish to people swimming under the boat. Not many hydrowave/livescope videos circulating.

Re: Hydrowave - 06/25/19 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by TX Strampion

I agree. There are a lot of livescope videos out there, from catching fish to people swimming under the boat. Not many hydrowave/livescope videos circulating.

What would you expect to see from a livescope video on a boat with a hydro wave?
Posted By: buda13

Re: Hydrowave - 06/25/19 08:53 PM

They have their time and place.. if absolutely nothing else it can help mask the noise of the boat and trolling motor. I've been in the boat with Fouzman and Mark Pack when turning the hydrowave on moved an entire school of fish from one side of SRA point to directly under our boat. We were fishing the area for 15 minutes with zero bites watching the folks on the other side of the point catching the snot out of em. Turned on the Hydrowave and in a short time the folks across from us weren't catching anymore and we couldn't get a bait to the bottom without catching a fish. Coincidence? I'm going with no.

Re: Hydrowave - 06/25/19 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by buda13
They have their time and place.. if absolutely nothing else it can help mask the noise of the boat and trolling motor. I've been in the boat with Fouzman and Mark Pack when turning the hydrowave on moved an entire school of fish from one side of SRA point to directly under our boat. We were fishing the area for 15 minutes with zero bites watching the folks on the other side of the point catching the snot out of em. Turned on the Hydrowave and in a short time the folks across from us weren't catching anymore and we couldn't get a bait to the bottom without catching a fish. Coincidence? I'm going with no.

thumbs up
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum