Texas Fishing Forum

Any Tornado Damage at Lake Fork?

Posted By: befuddled

Any Tornado Damage at Lake Fork? - 06/20/19 12:44 AM

Tornado hit Greenville early this evening and then veered south and missed Sulphur Springs...was there any damage around Lake Fork?
Posted By: mudd

Re: Any Tornado Damage at Lake Fork? - 06/20/19 01:29 AM

Went north of the lake
Posted By: GROD

Re: Any Tornado Damage at Lake Fork? - 06/20/19 04:37 AM

Lake appears to be getting hammered right now
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Any Tornado Damage at Lake Fork? - 06/20/19 01:34 PM

Looks like it caught some serious water. Tx. Water Date shows it came up a foot overnight.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Any Tornado Damage at Lake Fork? - 06/20/19 01:50 PM

it went through greenville, then down 69 towards lone oak... got about 3 miles south of 30 and headed east/se. missed lake fork. thank goodness. shortly after, there were ~3 other waves of storms that came through with HEAVY lightening and rain that went through the area. i kept getting alerts for emergency flooding conditions. we are in Campbell, about 30 min NW of Fork
Posted By: KingOutdoorsCo

Re: Any Tornado Damage at Lake Fork? - 06/20/19 03:15 PM

Ya'll dodged a bullet Ronnie. As bad as it was, thank God it cycled and never really regained it's strength.

Re: Any Tornado Damage at Lake Fork? - 06/20/19 03:22 PM

we got lucky, thank goodness. went 5 miles south of us. was headed straight towards us when it ramped up. first time i have had the tornado siren go off on my phone (set to a 20mi radius). pretty eeery feeling. we have a tornado shelter inside the house, so luckily we have a little peace of mind in these instances.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Any Tornado Damage at Lake Fork? - 06/20/19 03:33 PM

We are building a house in Yantis, and needless to say, we were nervous on this one. Looked like it was headed straight towards us, but held of and stayed North between Yantis and Sulpher Springs. But I think Fork was covered in Red, heavy T-storms for a couple hours it seemed. Lots of rain. Im ready for this [censored] to stop. lol.

Re: Any Tornado Damage at Lake Fork? - 06/20/19 03:34 PM

lake came up 1' overnight, and the fish aint cooperating today. lil brother is out there and says its tough. im sure the gates are open

Re: Any Tornado Damage at Lake Fork? - 06/20/19 03:39 PM

[Linked Image]

Yeah. Came up a little! roflmao This is our dock behind our camper.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Any Tornado Damage at Lake Fork? - 06/20/19 04:01 PM

At least the tree fell the right way!
Posted By: Cameron

Re: Any Tornado Damage at Lake Fork? - 06/20/19 04:17 PM

Free brushpiles Sinkey!

Re: Any Tornado Damage at Lake Fork? - 06/20/19 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Chris G
At least the tree fell the right way!

That's from the straight line winds event a few weeks back.
Posted By: mudd

Re: Any Tornado Damage at Lake Fork? - 06/20/19 05:33 PM

There biting decent today

Re: Any Tornado Damage at Lake Fork? - 06/20/19 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Sinkey
[Linked Image]

Yeah. Came up a little! roflmao This is our dock behind our camper.

Wow, sure came up fast. My folks live just north of 2946 bridge so I was watching intently for them. At one time they claimed (KLTV) the circulation was on 514 but it was actually a few miles north.

Re: Any Tornado Damage at Lake Fork? - 06/20/19 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by SkeeterRonnie
we got lucky, thank goodness. went 5 miles south of us. was headed straight towards us when it ramped up. first time i have had the tornado siren go off on my phone (set to a 20mi radius). pretty eeery feeling. we have a tornado shelter inside the house, so luckily we have a little peace of mind in these instances.

That's how we were a couple weeks ago with the one that skirted Winnsboro. Heck, even yesterday evening we went to eat before the storms got here because we had time. But just as we were about to leave our phones went off with the tornado warning for Wood Co. We figured it was time to leave lol.

Re: Any Tornado Damage at Lake Fork? - 06/20/19 06:30 PM

Yeah Brant. Same with us. Lets just say we were a little nervous there for a few minutes. But man, theres been some crazy weather the last 2 years come thru there and close to Winnsboro where you are.

Getting a little too close for comfort if you ask me.

Re: Any Tornado Damage at Lake Fork? - 06/20/19 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Sinkey
Yeah Brant. Same with us. Lets just say we were a little nervous there for a few minutes. But man, theres been some crazy weather the last 2 years come thru there and close to Winnsboro where you are.

Getting a little too close for comfort if you ask me.

You can only be lucky so long lol.
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Any Tornado Damage at Lake Fork? - 06/20/19 07:57 PM

"You can only be lucky so long lol." [/quote]

From the autobiography of one Robbie Rose.

Re: Any Tornado Damage at Lake Fork? - 06/20/19 07:58 PM

agreed, with the frequency of tornadic events growing every year... its only a matter of time before it gets close or on top of one of us. This one was the closest I have been to one in my lifetime (45 years). I do know I wont have a house now without a tornado shelter of some sort.
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Any Tornado Damage at Lake Fork? - 06/20/19 08:11 PM

the north end at Garrett Creek got hit hard. I didn't seen any house damage but the huge old trees were down very near the ramp on Garrett.

Power was out for about 5 hours but restored now. Lot's of cleanup going on.

Fishing was mixed today, however.

Re: Any Tornado Damage at Lake Fork? - 06/21/19 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by SkeeterRonnie
agreed, with the frequency of tornadic events growing every year... its only a matter of time before it gets close or on top of one of us. This one was the closest I have been to one in my lifetime (45 years). I do know I wont have a house now without a tornado shelter of some sort.

Please don't talk to my wife. I hear about this all the time lol.

Re: Any Tornado Damage at Lake Fork? - 06/21/19 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by fivebites

"You can only be lucky so long lol."

From the autobiography of one Robbie Rose.
[/quote]

Now that's funny right there.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum