Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Worth navigating

Posted By: SSutton

Lake Worth navigating - 06/18/19 06:28 PM

New to the lake and want to know how dicey is it past the 199 bridge? Can I run on plane all the way to the river?
Posted By: dustinj707

Re: Lake Worth navigating - 06/18/19 06:50 PM

you can, if you know the way. Once you get to the nature reserve it is idle only
Posted By: dustinj707

Re: Lake Worth navigating - 06/18/19 06:52 PM

stay on plane to the large metal dock on the right then turn left and run towards the opposite side point marker buoy. round that and head straight down the doc line in the middle of the lane. water is high now so it is pretty easy.

Re: Lake Worth navigating - 06/18/19 07:06 PM

Thanks. Have you seen any debris or are there stumps to watch out for right under the water line?
Posted By: buda13

Re: Lake Worth navigating - 06/18/19 07:44 PM

The boat lane buoys are mostly gone north of 199.. only a couple left to show you where the timber line starts. There are stumps less than 4" under the water when the lake is full like this, and they are PETRIFIED as the lake is 105 years old. Hardest stumps on the planet. I'll post a pic of the "horseshoe", but just know that even in the middle of the old buoyed lane there are stumps that come into play at 8"-12" low. Its good now but as the lake drops you better be more precise in where you run.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Lake Worth navigating - 06/18/19 07:55 PM

[Linked Image]

Thats a basic look at it, the red blob at the far end of the "lane" is the no wake zone. Run at your own risk!

Re: Lake Worth navigating - 06/18/19 08:04 PM

Excellent Buda13. Thanks this is exactly what I was looking for... See you out there tomorrow night!
Posted By: Champion1

Re: Lake Worth navigating - 06/19/19 01:07 PM

Buda your mailbox is full bud.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum