Texas Fishing Forum

Houston Co. Lake

Posted By: NickHasty

Houston Co. Lake - 06/14/19 02:11 PM

[Linked Image]

I had some folks PM me about where to run on Houston Co. Lake, thought I would share what I know.

First, I would start by saying, its a small lake, take it REAL slow until you feel good about it, the green line is only for reference.

From the public ramp, you can safely run to Crockett Family Resort. Know that once you get there, things get really sketchy. There is quite a bit of rebar pounded into the tops of stumps (and just as much of it is bent over, waiting to tear your hull up). I don't think there is any reason to run east of Crockett Family Resort, though you'll see some do it.

Plenty of docks and cover to fish on the West side, fun lake to fish. Now if they would just let the hydrilla come back...

Attached picture HoustonCo.jpg
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Houston Co. Lake - 06/14/19 02:14 PM

That used to be my favorite lake! When they killed the grass the fishing went downhill fast.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Houston Co. Lake - 06/14/19 02:31 PM

Good accurate info on that map ^^^^ 👍. The large cove direct left/west of the mid lake ramp next to Crocket Family Resort is loaded with timber. Also I have seen lots of people run on plane right/east all the way to the pump station. Bad idea if you do not know EXACTLY what you are doing. Timber mixed everywhere that direction. Used to be a true hydrilla filled clear water trophy bass lake. Lake record over 15lbs back in 1988. Those days are long gone but it’s still has great fishing and it’s a beautiful little lake.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum