Texas Fishing Forum

SKEETERS OWNERS TOURNAMENT

Posted By: STUNTGRUNTLURES

SKEETERS OWNERS TOURNAMENT - 06/11/19 12:47 PM

I an curious??? as to how all the over size fish where caught … and what time of day and style of fishing technics where used.. I understand there was a record broken this year by the ### of oversize fish caught?? whos willing to share their secrets..... pollo
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: SKEETERS OWNERS TOURNAMENT - 06/11/19 12:49 PM

Put a zillion boats on a lake....that’s how. Ha
Posted By: hookedon

Re: SKEETERS OWNERS TOURNAMENT - 06/11/19 01:13 PM

It’s all about luck and being in the right place at the right time if you can get there
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: SKEETERS OWNERS TOURNAMENT - 06/11/19 02:35 PM

The lake was spitting out overs all week long. A lot of fish in the 7-9 lbs. range. Obviously we didn't have one in the tournament. But we won practice! lol. We had 3 just between Thursday and Friday.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: SKEETERS OWNERS TOURNAMENT - 06/11/19 02:37 PM

What kind of baits are catching the big fish?
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: SKEETERS OWNERS TOURNAMENT - 06/11/19 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Brent S
What kind of baits are catching the big fish?

We caught our bigger fish on a Hang 10 by Mister Twister in Plum. And a 12" buzz worm in cranapple by MT as well.
Posted By: Rog

Re: SKEETERS OWNERS TOURNAMENT - 06/11/19 05:19 PM

I was out there Sunday during and after the storm. Wasn’t able to fish the T though due to commitments on Friday and Saturday. Lake is just fishing well right now and shallow. Had three overs just messing around. One while fishing on my friends dock waiting out storms and visiting. Jigs and Top Water mid to late afternoon for me
Posted By: LA Ron

Re: SKEETERS OWNERS TOURNAMENT - 06/11/19 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by hookedon

It’s all about luck and being in the right place at the right time if you can get there
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

This!
Posted By: Captain Chunk

Re: SKEETERS OWNERS TOURNAMENT - 06/11/19 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Rog
I was out there Sunday during and after the storm. Wasn’t able to fish the T though due to commitments on Friday and Saturday. Lake is just fishing well right now and shallow. Had three overs just messing around. One while fishing on my friends dock waiting out storms and visiting. Jigs and Top Water mid to late afternoon for me

3 overs in 1 day? That’s a lifetime for a lot of people. I’ve got 3 fish over 9 out there and never caught an over. Funny there was an over that didn’t even weigh 6 in Skeeter.
Posted By: Rog

Re: SKEETERS OWNERS TOURNAMENT - 06/11/19 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Chunk
Originally Posted by Rog

3 overs in 1 day? That’s a lifetime for a lot of people. I’ve got 3 fish over 9 out there and never caught an over. Funny there was an over that didn’t even weigh 6 in Skeeter.

Yeah they were pretty slim. Biggest was close to 26”. Buddy has measuring board on pier rail......yep flipped off and back in lake before we weighed but I guessed 8-9lbs. Others were 6-8 lb range. Always a rush to get them that size to crush a top water in open shallow water.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: SKEETERS OWNERS TOURNAMENT - 06/11/19 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Rog

I have caught one over at Fork and it was 5.99 lbs...
Posted By: TxFisherman03

Re: SKEETERS OWNERS TOURNAMENT - 06/11/19 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by coachallentca
Originally Posted by Rog

I have caught one over at Fork and it was 5.99 lbs...

I have you beat - My only over weighed 5.38 in a Media Tournament. Won me Big Bass and the Tournament so I'll take it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum