Texas Fishing Forum

Knuckle Ball Baits

Posted By: daddyflea

Knuckle Ball Baits - 06/04/19 06:12 PM

anybody caught any fish on these?
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Knuckle Ball Baits - 06/04/19 06:47 PM

Never heard of them till now. Is that a spinnerbait with a ball instead of a blade on it?

Oh lord.
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Knuckle Ball Baits - 06/04/19 07:15 PM

Gamechanger!
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Knuckle Ball Baits - 06/04/19 07:44 PM

roflmao

Re: Knuckle Ball Baits - 06/04/19 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Fishinfellow
Gamechanger!

Meaning what. They are good or terrible?

Re: Knuckle Ball Baits - 06/04/19 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
Never heard of them till now. Is that a spinnerbait with a ball instead of a blade on it?

Oh lord.

Yes
Posted By: EZ_Legend

Re: Knuckle Ball Baits - 06/04/19 09:13 PM

I have a couple in the boat... haven't thrown them yet.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Knuckle Ball Baits - 06/04/19 10:14 PM

When they first came out I read some positive reviews, but guys said it’s more like a swim jig than it is a spinner bait.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Knuckle Ball Baits - 06/05/19 12:42 AM

Imagine a Pitcher throwing a Knuckle Ball in Baseball. It goes crazy. It floats all around with an erratic action and not a consistent spin like a blade. It will have it's place if someone throws it enough to get on some good fish that are feeding. It is the erratic action that catches my eye and not the fish. Just saying; fish it enough to put it at the right place and time to catch a big stringer. With any new bait you have to become a believer in it, have confidence in it and use it often to prove that it will catch fish.
Posted By: Bassalong

Re: Knuckle Ball Baits - 06/05/19 03:03 AM

Haven't used one but I imagine it looks crippled and that is a cue to get killed.

Re: Knuckle Ball Baits - 06/05/19 12:27 PM

This has been out for at least a year and still no one that will state "I caught a fish on one."

Re: Knuckle Ball Baits - 06/05/19 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by daddyflea
This has been out for at least a year and still no one that will state "I caught a fish on one."

Same with the Dancing eel....its been near 30 year and not a one man has stepped forward and say I whacked them on the dancing eel. Go figure.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Knuckle Ball Baits - 06/05/19 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Donald Harper
Imagine a Pitcher throwing a Knuckle Ball in Baseball. It goes crazy. It floats all around with an erratic action and not a consistent spin like a blade. It will have it's place if someone throws it enough to get on some good fish that are feeding. It is the erratic action that catches my eye and not the fish. Just saying; fish it enough to put it at the right place and time to catch a big stringer. With any new bait you have to become a believer in it, have confidence in it and use it often to prove that it will catch fish.

Anything works when there’s a bunch of feeding fish.

Only in America can someone market a goofy idea and sell it.

Re: Knuckle Ball Baits - 06/05/19 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

True dat. I know its not exactly the same but they used to sell Budwiser and Homer Simpson topwaters, plastic baits that were a beer can or Homer. When the stripers started boiling they would hit those just as good as a white spook.

Re: Knuckle Ball Baits - 06/05/19 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
Originally Posted by daddyflea

Same with the Dancing eel....its been near 30 year and not a one man has stepped forward and say I whacked them on the dancing eel. Go figure.

I actually was in the boat while a guy caught several good bass with a Dancing eel. Of course that was years ago and I have not seen one sense.
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Knuckle Ball Baits - 06/05/19 01:39 PM

^^^^^^ Since---sorry I had to do it. LOL
Posted By: BrockstaRama

Re: Knuckle Ball Baits - 06/05/19 01:45 PM

My favorite lure to use for docks was the flying lure when i was a kid. Use to tear their [censored] up with it too. Probably could have had similar results on a jig but the way that lure swam under the dock was pretty neat
Posted By: EZ_Legend

Re: Knuckle Ball Baits - 06/05/19 06:50 PM

I was under the impression this was a JDM creation, but goofy non-the-less. I will tie mine on and throw it all day this weekend and report back. thumb
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Knuckle Ball Baits - 06/06/19 01:19 AM

I bought one just because I thought it was silly. Then 10 years from now someone will say "Hey do remember the Knuckle ball spinnerbait" and I will say yes I still have one in the original package.

Remember the pig tail worm?? It was a hollow curly tailed worm. I still have a package of those. LOL

Re: Knuckle Ball Baits - 06/06/19 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by BrockstaRama
My favorite lure to use for docks was the flying lure when i was a kid. Use to tear their [censored] up with it too. Probably could have had similar results on a jig but the way that lure swam under the dock was pretty neat

I remember that name. I had a couple myself but can't remember what they looked like. Noticed that nobody has stepped up and said I caught a fish on mine. My Daughter swears she caught a good Bass on one but knowing her she might have snagged it.
Posted By: Txbassin

Re: Knuckle Ball Baits - 06/06/19 02:17 AM

I had one got it tangled in a dead tree limb pulled on it like i normally would any other lure ball came off end of story.
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Knuckle Ball Baits - 06/06/19 12:42 PM

You should see some of the crazy lures they sell in Japan. I think goofy sells better over there than here.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum