Texas Fishing Forum

Lewisville Report from Friday

Posted By: rkd

Lewisville Report from Friday - 06/03/19 03:51 PM

Fished Friday afternoon. Fished the flooded brush in back of Sneaky Petes/Eagle Point Marina. Caught 4 dinks, biggest around 14 inches. And a gar. T-rigged watermelon/red brushhog. Also tried squarebill, spinnerbait and senko with no bites. Fished tires in front of marina within site of Tower Bay boat ramp and caught zero. Senko, squarebill, t-rigged brushhog. Nada. Ended afternoon by fishing about a 200 yard section of dam closer to the golf course. Lots of dead shad floating. Fish kill?? Water wasn't very clean at the dam. Didn't get a bite. T-rigged brushhog, jig and senko from 1ft out to about 15ft.
Posted By: i-Fish

Re: Lewisville Report from Friday - 06/03/19 05:20 PM

I think the fish in the back of the marina are moving out in large part. That area treated me and my buddy well for a few weeks recently but the bite has slowed drastically in the last 2 weeks. Mostly flipping, a couple on spinners, a few on frogs.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Lewisville Report from Friday - 06/04/19 01:06 PM

A few of y'all pounded that area over the last month. In the past, the area has always been slow to replenish, or the good sized local fish get smart after the spawn. I think the flood helped to keep some fish in for a longer period. Last week we only had a couple of drinks out of there. Not marking any bait, we should have left sooner
Posted By: teambassmanager

Re: Lewisville Report from Friday - 06/04/19 03:02 PM

Killed it yesterday with a shallow water squarebill 6-9 PM about 19 small ones biggest going for 3.3

Lost one on the outside of a tree limb flipping a structure jig. I saw her full body coming up towards me before she bee lined with 0 drag to give :X and broke me off - at least a 6-7 pounder I would say.. FML

I think the water is coming back down and it will take middle of June for this lake to be back fishing like normal May days (in June) flooding put everything a month behind IMO

Posted By: i-Fish

Re: Lewisville Report from Friday - 06/04/19 11:22 PM

We’re not done flooding. More rain coming. Gonna be a lot longer than middle of June.
Posted By: teambassmanager

Re: Lewisville Report from Friday - 06/05/19 04:37 AM

Went back out today and it was back again. Biggest going for 5.11 (tried to get a good best 5 just to see but only managed 4 keeps).

3 got away. Caught 9 others but dinks. Still great day.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: teeitup

Re: Lewisville Report from Friday - 06/08/19 11:51 AM

Looks like some good Corona days
Posted By: Bassin16

Re: Lewisville Report from Friday - 06/08/19 04:58 PM

Is the Tower Bay ramp open?
Posted By: Flip-n-go

Re: Lewisville Report from Friday - 06/08/19 06:04 PM

Tower Bay was still locked up yesterday, idk today.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum