Texas Fishing Forum

Gotta fish Clean if you want to get paid!!!

Posted By: Bass Buster1

Gotta fish Clean if you want to get paid!!! - 06/03/19 03:21 PM

Had a $1500 fish come unbuttoned and a $400 fish flip off the pro rule back into the lake on Bridgeport Saturday. One of those days!! bang We also failed to adjust and get out of the muddy water earlier in the day which cost us time in the cleaner main lake. My partner caught a really nice 6 and change which got us most of our entry back and we still did pretty good considering but it should have been a much more lucrative day! Shoulda, woulda, coulda!!
Posted By: Mallison22

Re: Gotta fish Clean if you want to get paid!!! - 06/03/19 03:55 PM

That sucks. Other than the mishaps sounds like a pretty good day. You were on'm!
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Gotta fish Clean if you want to get paid!!! - 06/03/19 05:04 PM

I have never measured a fish anywhere other than the bottom of the boat since seeing Jim Bitter lose a fish that would have won him the Classic.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Gotta fish Clean if you want to get paid!!! - 06/03/19 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Razorback
I have never measured a fish anywhere other than the bottom of the boat since seeing Jim Bitter lose a fish that would have won him the Classic.

Yep!!!!
Posted By: furim2

Re: Gotta fish Clean if you want to get paid!!! - 06/03/19 05:07 PM

wonder how many of those $1500 fish came "unbuttoned"?

Re: Gotta fish Clean if you want to get paid!!! - 06/03/19 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)
Originally Posted by Razorback

Yep!!!!

Live and learn, it was barely over the line, I was trying to decide keeper or not and let pressure off the fish for a split second, that was all it took. Again... bang
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Gotta fish Clean if you want to get paid!!! - 06/03/19 05:37 PM

LOL, I misread the title and thought this said you gotta clean fish if you wanna get paid!

Re: Gotta fish Clean if you want to get paid!!! - 06/03/19 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by furim2
wonder how many of those $1500 fish came "unbuttoned"?

I did not get a good hook set followed by too much pressure, followed by a very nice 4 pound +/- fish jumping nice a pretty and spitting my bait at me.

On the good side it was a beautiful day to be on the water and we got home before the bad storm came through.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Gotta fish Clean if you want to get paid!!! - 06/03/19 09:27 PM

Yep. I’ve had my own ineptitude cost me money fishing. Several times. Ya just gotta have a short term memory, and get over it and move on. It happens. Call it bad luck for you, good luck for them, whatever.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Gotta fish Clean if you want to get paid!!! - 06/04/19 01:30 AM

We had one of those days yesterday , but the day before everything went perfect, some days you are the windshield and some days the bug.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum