Texas Fishing Forum

MLF BPT Stage 7 Live

Posted By: Mark Jones

MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 05/31/19 05:45 PM

New schedule for this event. Should be interesting to see how this 12-8pm plan goes.

https://majorleaguefishing.com/event/bass-pro-tour-stage-seven-table-rock/
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 05/31/19 05:47 PM

Should be a fun watch.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 05/31/19 06:10 PM

Why are they going to Table Rock twice in a row?
Posted By: fouzman

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 05/31/19 06:11 PM

Because Grand is flooded out. Different format, too. Launch at noon, fish 'til 8PM.
Posted By: Barn

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 05/31/19 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Jones
... Should be interesting to see how this 12-8pm plan goes.

Making them fish during the recreational boater prime time. I will be interesting to see what impact it will have on some of the offshore guys.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 05/31/19 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Barn
Originally Posted by Mark Jones
... Should be interesting to see how this 12-8pm plan goes.

Making them fish during the recreational boater prime time. I will be interesting to see what impact it will have on some of the offshore guys.

I've seen a few of them rollers!
Posted By: buda13

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 05/31/19 08:20 PM

Yall know I love me some MLF... but watching them fish Table Rock has to be the most boring thing fishing related I've ever watched. I wasn't able to catch any of the footage from the previous event so today was the first time I had the displeasure of viewing this format on that lake. barf I'll tune in to the next event and pass on this one.
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 05/31/19 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by buda13
Yall know I love me some MLF... but watching them fish Table Rock has to be the most boring thing fishing related I've ever watched. I wasn't able to catch any of the footage from the previous event so today was the first time I had the displeasure of viewing this format on that lake. barf I'll tune in to the next event and pass on this one.

I agree. They should have just given their anglers an extra week off rather than going through this again.
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 05/31/19 08:25 PM

I agree, Send them to Kentucky Lake, that would be fun to watch. I am sure it would be fun to personally go there and catch 60 fish a day, but watching dink after dink after dink, it's so repetitive. It's not MLF its the lake.

But one gripe I have with MLF is the app on my iPhone. I watch the live fishing on the app and they send out Scoretracker notifications and when you close the notification it ends you live video session so you have to reload the video and watch another ad.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 05/31/19 09:01 PM

But, but, but, they caught 6000 fish for a total weight of 6027 pounds 9 days ago! It's not a dink fest!
Posted By: Fishing on a string

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 05/31/19 09:09 PM

Did they change because the viewing has gone down? Or because the guys wanted to stay in bed longer and fish in the heat of the day?
Posted By: Medinalakeguy

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 05/31/19 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by LakeForkGroupie

I agree, Send them to Kentucky Lake, that would be fun to watch. I am sure it would be fun to personally go there and catch 60 fish a day, but watching dink after dink after dink, it's so repetitive. It's not MLF its the lake.

But one gripe I have with MLF is the app on my iPhone. I watch the live fishing on the app and they send out Scoretracker notifications and when you close the notification it ends you live video session so you have to reload the video and watch another ad.

The Triton owner's tournament is this weekend on Kentucky lake, and has over 300 boats entered in it...

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 05/31/19 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Medinalakeguy

The Triton owner's tournament is this weekend on Kentucky lake, and has over 300 boats entered in it...

300 on Kentucky Lake?, I think they can squeeze in 40 more.
Now if they tried the smaller Lake Fork with 1200 boats on it during Skeeter Owners... different story.

But if not Kentucky, Guntersville? any other TVA, Same Rayburn, Toledo Bend. My point is that this tournament on these other lakes would be a lot more fun to watch than the perch jerking they are doing.

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 05/31/19 10:24 PM

I believe the dates were already set, they have planned these times as well for Grand or they may have switched it up just to be different from the original tournament. I like that they are trying new dates to start tournaments and now trying new times.

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/01/19 12:18 AM

Wheeler over 120lbs
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/01/19 12:26 AM

All the record breaking talk is getting hard to listen to. I think you have to give it a few years and then talk records.

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/01/19 12:36 AM

8 dont care what anyone says to detract from it but any time you are catching over 100 fish in a day you had a great day.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/01/19 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
8 dont care what anyone says to detract from it but any time you are catching over 100 fish in a day you had a great day.

I agree

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/01/19 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Medinalakeguy

And a whopping 16lbs is leading
Posted By: retdbasser

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/01/19 01:06 AM

thumb I'll take it. Actually, don't think I could.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/01/19 01:15 AM

Wheeler is good in this format, KVD is somewhere crying
Posted By: skeeterbugzx300

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/01/19 02:23 AM

100 dink fish a day lol, what is even better is when u have a tournament and 20 fish for four days of fishing weighs 100lbs wins.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/01/19 06:04 PM

I read somewhere that they didn't have time to get proper permits to hold tournament on another lake.

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/01/19 06:22 PM

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Used2fish

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/01/19 06:46 PM

Literally done by 100s of kids with zebcos and h&hs in farm tanks across the south every summer.

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/01/19 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Used2fish

Literally done by 100s of kids with zebcos and h&hs in farm tanks across the south every summer.

So you are saying a kid is catch 100 bass per day? We';re talking public lakes here that get fishing pressure. So how many 100 fish days do you have on public lakes. It happens but not often and on a regular basis.
Posted By: Fishing on a string

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/01/19 07:20 PM

Defense, Defense,Defense. Yay mlf

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/01/19 07:27 PM

Who caught 100 fish?

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/01/19 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by rj74955
Who caught 100 fish?

Wheeler caught 88 yesterday. Close enough.

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/01/19 07:35 PM

I think I've only caught in the neighborhood of 100 bass once and it wasn't on public water.

The best day I've had on public water was probably 50 bass on Fayette a few years ago.

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/01/19 09:02 PM

So you are saying a kid is catch 100 bass per day? We';re talking public lakes here that get fishing pressure. So how many 100 fish days do you have on public lakes. It happens but not often and on a regular basis.

Yes kids catch a hundred a day I guarantee you I did a few times jumping from tank to tank across Rockwall county on my bike or my 1st truck.
Nope on stock tanks sprinkled across the pasture. Don't start acting like hunters and saying low fence high fence public land etc.

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/01/19 09:12 PM

It's a losing fight Mark. The small group that can't stand MLF will never understand how hard that is to do. They just keep making up bs to rag on it. They are dug in and won't change their mind

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/01/19 09:57 PM

Yes kids catch a hundred a day I guarantee you I did a few times jumping from tank to tank across Rockwall county on my bike or my 1st truck.
Nope on stock tanks sprinkled across the pasture. Don't start acting like hunters and saying low fence high fence public land etc.

Stock tanks and public lakes are way different. If you dont see that then no worries here. There are things I dislike about BPT and I've been vocal on posts like this. That being said catching 100 fish or close to it on a public lake is a great day.

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/01/19 10:13 PM

It is different. But as a fan watching it would be the same.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/02/19 03:31 AM

I got a no fishing son of a gun for a friend that loves Table Rock. Says the bass are plentiful and hungry. He want even fish Fork or any of the lakes around here.

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/02/19 02:05 PM

I’ve never caught 100 because typically after catching 20-30 12” fish I’m looking for a different pattern.

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/02/19 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by sprigsss
I’ve never caught 100 because typically after catching 20-30 12” fish I’m looking for a different pattern.

That's close enough, we round everything up to a hundred on an MLF thread.

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/02/19 06:30 PM

I don't understand how any criticism is automatically interpreted as people that can't stand MLF.

I'm a fan of many things about MLF, just don't like weighing and counting every fish over 1 lb. Im also fairly certain it is not a small percentage of us that believes this.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/02/19 06:39 PM

Of tournament anglers I'm sure its not a small percentage but you have to realize the majority demographic of their viewing audience for the TV show is not hard core tournament anglers.

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/02/19 09:24 PM

Anyone know how their numbers are looking right now compared to BASS? bolt
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/03/19 05:28 AM

Not sure about numbers, but I have a college fisherman and another on his high school fishing team that won't watch it. I had it on when they came in and they asked me if they could change it to another tournament they had recorded and they had already watched?
I asked then why they didn't like it and they said, it's just a lot of the same....1 pounders over and over isn't that exciting to watch

Good result though, they went down to the boathouse and loaded up BassCat for a couple hours of evening fishing so me and Mama had a quiet evening on the deck
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/04/19 12:29 AM

Getting down to the wire.
Posted By: over the hill @PK

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/04/19 01:54 PM

its a dink fest . Its just boring watching dink after dink being caught.
Posted By: boyd1002

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/04/19 03:45 PM

I really enjoy the show just because i love EVERYTHING bass fishing.. However, I do remember before the season there was a lot of discussion with the anglers on if they should target quality or quantity and which would result in bigger final weights.. obviously it is lake specific but I think 99% of the time it is going to be a numbers game... i think that question has been answered.

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/04/19 05:31 PM

Look out, King Kong might be on them.
Posted By: Burgerboy

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/04/19 11:32 PM

You have to keep in mind , they cannot switch lakes as easily as other organizations nor dates. They have to take into account the officials ? , Do they have good cell service? Facilities to host ? So a lot goes into a move of date or body of water. As far as dinks , it is a numbers game yes, but in most the tournaments , there best five are still nice size. Plenty of the events if you target one plus pound you will get destroyed without getting the bigger 3 plus pounders. And I agree I find it impressive to get over 100 pounds in a day but after a few days of it, it not as exciting, but hey ever ballgame is not exciting, you do not know until you go / watch.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/04/19 11:57 PM

1.345 Lb avg.
Posted By: BrockstaRama

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/05/19 01:13 AM

You have to pay to watch the stream right? Thats why I passed up watching to date.
Posted By: Tubby

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/05/19 01:24 AM

I have an idea. Don’t like it, don’t watch it!
It’s a new format that the anglers and most fans love.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/05/19 01:26 AM

Tubb's, you gonna be a judge?

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/05/19 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by BrockstaRama
You have to pay to watch the stream right? Thats why I passed up watching to date.

Lol. No it's a free live feed
Posted By: Tubby

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/05/19 11:36 AM

no
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/05/19 12:57 PM

MLF needs it’s own song. Maybe a rapper, so it sounds repetitive. Same beats, over and over and over and over and over.

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/05/19 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by BrockstaRama

MLF BPT viewing link
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/05/19 01:15 PM

I went out and caught some dinks yesterday thanks to watching how they do it and what they are using for lures. Most fish I have caught in a long time and had fun doing it.
Posted By: TxBazzn

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/05/19 02:37 PM

As a kid we would get over grass beds on T-bend and pull 12”-14” bass every cast at times. Even as a child though we would get bored and leave them biting. So we probably didn’t have many 100 fish days individually but we easily could of many of those times had it been entertaining.
It’s not as rare as you guys want to make it. It’s just not a focus of most anglers with the skill sets to do it.

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/05/19 02:40 PM

I'm really pulling for Cody Meyer today. I hope he get's his first tour level win
Posted By: retdbasser

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/05/19 02:43 PM

Pulling for all the new ones that got in. Heartbreak again for Shin.

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/05/19 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by TxBazzn

As a kid we would get over grass beds on T-bend and pull 12”-14” bass every cast at times. Even as a child though we would get bored and leave them biting. So we probably didn’t have many 100 fish days individually but we easily could of many of those times had it been entertaining.
It’s not as rare as you guys want to make it. It’s just not a focus of most anglers with the skill sets to do it.

I started thinking this afterwards. I grew up with a lake house on the Louisiana side of the bend we used to catch bass up to 2-3 lbs on tiny torpedoes schooling like sandbass over grass as quick as you could throw it out there. But my.stepdad would get bored quick and we'd go find that edge and chunk some old culprits and catch some bigger fish.
I'm fairly certain you could go to fork in the summer and chase those schools of one pounders with a little George and knock out close to a hundred. Well before the sandbass anyways.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: MLF BPT Stage 7 Live - 06/05/19 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Monty Wright
I'm really pulling for Cody Meyer today. I hope he get's his first tour level win

Cody's a great young man, and there's still time left. But right now, it looks like Jacob Wheeler is going to win another one.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum