Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Roberts

Posted By: David Welcher

Ray Roberts - 05/31/19 03:52 PM

Supposed to go camp out at Ray Roberts Isle Dubois State Park for 2 weeks of camping and fishing, had some friends coming as well for 3 days. They were notified by email this morning of cancelation due to flooding. I have not seen mine come yet, but with the next two weeks forecast it's not looking good. Anyone else seen a reservation cancelation come in from TPWD?
Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/31/19 08:49 PM

Launched at IDB yesterday , dock was a foot underwater, ramp was fine, don't know why lake being high would keep folks from camping unless perhaps the "flooding" is in the actual campsites.
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Ray Roberts - 05/31/19 09:16 PM

Probably has to do with the site that is reserved. That just changed where you actually reserve your site online instead of reserving just a site and picking it when you get there. If he had one reserved in the flood area, that is probably the reason.
Posted By: Brutaldudeski

Re: Ray Roberts - 06/01/19 12:39 AM

Literally, like ALOT of water front campsites are underwater. Luckily there is still lake access
Posted By: furim2

Re: Ray Roberts - 06/01/19 05:19 PM

You can't reserve sites. It's first come, first serve on reservations. As sites get flooded, it reduces the number of total sites available. So, if it was reserved out, the Park has to start bumping people off the reservation list.

Re: Ray Roberts - 06/01/19 10:52 PM

Just this year they changed it up. You can now reserve a spot. What's odd is I reserved a spot for 2 weeks, my buddy reserved a spot next to me for 3 days, he got notified of his cancellation but I have yet to see an email notifying mine was cancelled. We are both on a hill. I'll call in on Monday and see what's up.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Ray Roberts - 06/01/19 11:30 PM

The picnic area and swim beach are closed also. We launched at IDB this morning, by the time we put it on the trailer at noon there were less than 10 boat trailer parking spots left. The campgrounds seemed empty for the most part, certainly not as many folks crammed in there as usual.
Posted By: Flip-n-go

Re: Ray Roberts - 06/01/19 11:42 PM

Heavy thunderstorm there now. More rain, flash flooding. Southern part looks to be catching the worst
Posted By: adam_p

Re: Ray Roberts - 06/02/19 12:06 AM

The heaviest rain fell in the Lewisville watershed but were still going to catch some water.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Ray Roberts - 06/02/19 12:44 AM

Sanger is almost flooded. Can't take much more water.
Posted By: furim2

Re: Ray Roberts - 06/02/19 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by David Welcher
Just this year they changed it up. You can now reserve a spot. What's odd is I reserved a spot for 2 weeks, my buddy reserved a spot next to me for 3 days, he got notified of his cancellation but I have yet to see an email notifying mine was cancelled. We are both on a hill. I'll call in on Monday and see what's up.

Glad to hear that.
Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: Ray Roberts - 06/02/19 04:52 PM

Anyone know at about what water level IDB ramp will close? thanks
Posted By: adam_p

Re: Ray Roberts - 06/02/19 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by ReelSlow
Anyone know at about what water level IDB ramp will close? thanks

6.08 high the last time it closed
Posted By: WCGunns

Re: Ray Roberts - 06/02/19 10:02 PM

5.14’ high now
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Ray Roberts - 06/02/19 10:07 PM

IDB closes when water reaches the blacktop, about 6 feet or so.

By the way, any info on that pleasure boat by the dam? Hope they were all ok?

Re: Ray Roberts - 06/02/19 10:25 PM

Figured it out today, our camp site was in Quail Run, they had the whole section of Quail Run closed off as the road going down to that section is flooded. Stil just not sure why they have not notified me of my cancelation. I'll call tomorrow. FYI we caught several bass in the timber at 10' down while crappie fishing. Most of the crappie were at that depth as well.
Posted By: Burgerboy

Re: Ray Roberts - 06/04/19 11:48 PM

I hate it for your camping ruined, as a kayak guy I love the extra water. It brings so much more into play on the shorelines.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum