Texas Fishing Forum

The Hunt for Monster Bass

Posted By: teambassmanager

The Hunt for Monster Bass - 05/31/19 08:57 AM

Has anyone else been watching? Just subscribed to the YouTube channel as well, thought I would share. The production is crazy awesome! Join pro bass angler Ott DeFoe on his quest for double-digit bass.

http://www.outdoorchannel.com/show/the-hunt-for-monster-bass/1446

Posted By: Larry Mosby

Re: The Hunt for Monster Bass - 05/31/19 09:03 AM

I’m always looking for another DD as well! I think that drives most of us bass heads.
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: The Hunt for Monster Bass - 05/31/19 12:08 PM

I have it recorded on dish. Good show but I will never be able to go to the places he fishes.
Posted By: HappyNest

Re: The Hunt for Monster Bass - 05/31/19 01:14 PM

I record it also. They do a good show.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: The Hunt for Monster Bass - 05/31/19 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by spacejunkie
I have it recorded on dish. Good show but I will never be able to go to the places he fishes.

Did you see where he fished Whitney?
Posted By: 361V

Re: The Hunt for Monster Bass - 05/31/19 01:24 PM

Can anyone find or know how to find a site or link to the epic day he had on Whitney a while back? Can’t find it anywhere.
Posted By: Mike Andrews

Re: The Hunt for Monster Bass - 05/31/19 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by spacejunkie

You might be surprised. They did a Memorial Day marathon Monday evening and he fished Ray Hubbard and Fairfield in one show. Hubbard was a blow out because of weather (wind) but he caught a couple of respectable fish off a bridge. Fairfield was better, he caught fish on chatter baits and swim jigs there.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: The Hunt for Monster Bass - 05/31/19 01:52 PM

Been watching it since it came out. Kinda corny, but Otts entertaining.
Posted By: Capt. Bryan

Re: The Hunt for Monster Bass - 06/03/19 01:04 AM

I think he actually fishes alot of public water in his shows.
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: The Hunt for Monster Bass - 06/03/19 01:08 AM

you can watch it both on WFN and the Outdoor channel
Posted By: Barn

Re: The Hunt for Monster Bass - 06/03/19 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by dock30tv
Has anyone else been watching? Just subscribed to the YouTube channel as well, thought I would share. The production is crazy awesome! Join pro bass angler Ott DeFoe on his quest for double-digit bass.

It's been on for a couple of years. I like Ott and concept of the show. However, I cannot stand the over production. The video quality and scenic shots are outstanding. However, it's like one long 30 second commercial. The cheesy over dramatic narrator and 50 different angles of the same hook set and fish landing. There is only about 6 minutes of actual content in the entire show. I usually end up deleting the episode about 5 minutes into it.
Posted By: west tex angler

Re: The Hunt for Monster Bass - 06/03/19 11:44 AM

I like Ott Defoe, seems like a gentleman that I wouldn't mind fishing with but the show is just too over produced, too slick for me. I haven't seen it after the first couple of shows.
I love to fish, can't say that I like to watch it.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: The Hunt for Monster Bass - 06/03/19 11:59 AM

I think its one of better shows out there.
Posted By: Bahala

Re: The Hunt for Monster Bass - 06/03/19 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Barn
Originally Posted by dock30tv

It's been on for a couple of years. I like Ott and concept of the show. However, I cannot stand the over production. The video quality and scenic shots are outstanding. However, it's like one long 30 second commercial. The cheesy over dramatic narrator and 50 different angles of the same hook set and fish landing. There is only about 6 minutes of actual content in the entire show. I usually end up deleting the episode about 5 minutes into it.

My thoughts exactly!
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: The Hunt for Monster Bass - 06/03/19 05:49 PM

Great show.
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: The Hunt for Monster Bass - 06/03/19 06:37 PM

I like it...and Pigman! My kinda rednecks! grin
Posted By: Bill Durham

Re: The Hunt for Monster Bass - 06/04/19 04:56 AM

Trev Gowdy comes from good stock as far as TV production. His father Curt Gowdy was known for his outdoor shows and I think that the way that show is shot is all about promoting the products that Ott is using. One of his main sponsors is BPS and just about everything he uses both in that show and in his career come from Bass Pro.. which is fine. I have no problem with that.. but it really is a very well produced infomercial for BPS, and Ott Defoe does a good job of presenting it. The show on Whitney was just one of those things that fell into place. It was in the fall.. not sure if it was this past November or the one before, but he came across a place that had some real quality fish on it and he used his skill to catch a few. It was pretty impressive, I had no idea that Whitney had that kind of quality bass in it.

BD
Posted By: teambassmanager

Re: The Hunt for Monster Bass - 06/04/19 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Durham
Trev Gowdy comes from good stock as far as TV production. His father Curt Gowdy was known for his outdoor shows and I think that the way that show is shot is all about promoting the products that Ott is using. One of his main sponsors is BPS and just about everything he uses both in that show and in his career come from Bass Pro.. which is fine. I have no problem with that.. but it really is a very well produced infomercial for BPS, and Ott Defoe does a good job of presenting it. The show on Whitney was just one of those things that fell into place. It was in the fall.. not sure if it was this past November or the one before, but he came across a place that had some real quality fish on it and he used his skill to catch a few. It was pretty impressive, I had no idea that Whitney had that kind of quality bass in it.

BD

Agree.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: The Hunt for Monster Bass - 06/04/19 04:50 PM

I've been watching the show since it came on...I think it's 2 seasons deep now.

One episode, he was deep cranking a TX lake near a ramp and kept switching between it and an A-rig. It was a slug fest for sure.
Posted By: 361V

Re: The Hunt for Monster Bass - 06/04/19 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by avid_basser

One episode, he was deep cranking a TX lake near a ramp and kept switching between it and an A-rig. It was a slug fest for sure.

That was Whitney. Been trying to find that episode. Do they archive their old episodes? YouTube...anywhere?
Posted By: Chuck72

Re: The Hunt for Monster Bass - 06/04/19 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by 361V
Originally Posted by avid_basser

That was Whitney. Been trying to find that episode. Do they archive their old episodes? YouTube...anywhere?

The Hunt for Monster Bass Most of them are here, of course you have to subscribe.
Posted By: JD/76708

Re: The Hunt for Monster Bass - 06/05/19 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Been watching it since it came out. Kinda corny, but Otts entertaining.

A bit over the top with a few too many slow motion replays...but a solid show...he does catch some monsters
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum