Texas Fishing Forum

What happened to that guy?

Posted By: fivebites

What happened to that guy? - 05/29/19 04:22 PM

Last year a guy said he had retired, sold all his stuff, and moved to El Salto. With all the stuff you hear about people "wandering off the reservation " and running into outlaws in Mexico I sure hope he's ok and really living the dream!
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: What happened to that guy? - 05/29/19 05:08 PM

I think he has now moved back. I think I read something along those lines from a post or two of his. I could be mistaken though.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: What happened to that guy? - 05/29/19 06:12 PM

Bluebonnet? Was that his name?
Posted By: DBFishing83

Re: What happened to that guy? - 05/29/19 06:22 PM

a guy from California we fished with last week at Picachos rented a house in the local town for a year at $150 per month.....made the deal at the RSJA camp while we were there.
House looked like [censored] & needed to have utilities in it --- but he planned to move there from California and live the dream of fishing in Mexico for a full year
Going to get a maid / a cook / get a little boat ------
yeah right !!!!
that won't last long...…… Picachos area is pretty primitive if not at the RSJA camp & even then some parts of the camp are crappy. Not because of RSJA -- just because it is Mexico in the mountains.
Posted By: boeing driver

Re: What happened to that guy? - 05/29/19 07:28 PM

I talked to Bluebonnet awhile back. He said “it didn’t work out”. Moved back to the states.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: What happened to that guy? - 05/29/19 07:56 PM

He is enjoying lots of tequila and "ladies", both are affordable below the border
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: What happened to that guy? - 05/29/19 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
Bluebonnet? Was that his name?

Yes, he didn’t stay down there very long either.
Posted By: BorNella

Re: What happened to that guy? - 05/30/19 04:51 AM

Where is Bluebonnet from? I baught a charger about a year and a half ago that was owned by a Bluebonnet that posted on BBC quite a bit. Wonder if it is the same guy.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: What happened to that guy? - 05/30/19 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Sambow
Where is Bluebonnet from? I baught a charger about a year and a half ago that was owned by a Bluebonnet that posted on BBC quite a bit. Wonder if it is the same guy.

I think he was from East Texas. I believe he sold the Charger and bought a little bigger Skeeter, if I remember correctly.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: What happened to that guy? - 05/30/19 11:18 AM

I communicated with him several times as he was selling out getting ready to move down there. Can't remember the exact location but he did say he was not far from grocery stores and a Home Depot. He seemed excited about the move but apparently something went south. Hope he's ok and gets his life back together.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: What happened to that guy? - 05/30/19 12:27 PM

Just found this, guess he's still down there. Dated 1/17/18

bluebonnet2 Offline
Pro Angler

jasper, texas

good evening,

i'm here, ,,,la cruz, Sinaloa,,,probassadventure,,,about 25 minutes to town, just back to town after a great meal, catching lots of numbers....80 plus daily to 8 plus lbs....will start looking a casa soon, stay at hotles JR in la cruz,,,,,normally leave town about 5,30ish...people are moving around in town,,,,heavy agriculture area, tomatoes, peppers mangos, egg plants...just saying

i'm close to mazatlan (80 miles, mas o minos) and they got everything, sam's club, wallyword, Costco, etc ....doctors, hospitals, and a couple of Yamaha dealerships..international airport,,,.the coca cola distributorship is right down the street from me and john deere, massey fregeson and new Holland, and a firestone store here in town, plus a lots of small mom and pop stores and resturants...

I stayed on the toll roads from Laredo to la cruz exit....skeeter and dogs did well, 13,8 mpg for the whole trip, 2017 RAM 1500, bighorn, loaded and boat, 65 mph , toll roads are great...skeeter cover did very well..

I haven't seen much trouble, just lots of federal policia...these are good guys

I don't do "stupid stuff"....

hope everyone rest easy...I glad i'm not in east TEXAS, never cared for snow and ice and cold weather....it was 82 here today

god bless

good luck,
PURA VIDA,
bluebonnet2

Re: What happened to that guy? - 05/30/19 12:29 PM

Did something go wrong or did it just not work out?
Posted By: BorNella

Re: What happened to that guy? - 05/30/19 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Monty Wright
Originally Posted by Sambow

I think he was from East Texas. I believe he sold the Charger and bought a little bigger Skeeter, if I remember correctly.

Yep. That's him. He traded the Charger at Nautical Mile and that's where I bought it.

Re: What happened to that guy? - 05/30/19 05:48 PM

He is still on BBC, not sure why he’s not on here.

Re: What happened to that guy? - 05/30/19 06:42 PM

Does he still wear his jersey to fish in? bolt
Posted By: fivebites

Re: What happened to that guy? - 05/30/19 06:47 PM

I wanted to hear his story. What the people and area was like. Considering that myself.

Re: What happened to that guy? - 05/30/19 07:38 PM

Well here you go, you can ask him.

http://www.bbcboards.net/member.php?u=14048
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum