Texas Fishing Forum

Trailer Shop

Posted By: EZ_Legend

Trailer Shop - 04/03/19 04:26 PM

I have a case of the "don't want to's" and was looking to have my trailer serviced at Texas Custom Trailers... Wondering if anyone here has used them before.

*Looking to get new wiring harness

*New LEDs

*New brakes

*Hubs serviced
Posted By: Classic Fiberglass

Re: Trailer Shop - 04/03/19 07:28 PM

Mcgills in Lewsville

Re: Trailer Shop - 04/03/19 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Classic Fiberglass
Mcgills in Lewsville

I'll check it out, thanks Chris!
Posted By: BigTxBassMan

Re: Trailer Shop - 04/03/19 09:59 PM

Roadmaster in Haltham City

Re: Trailer Shop - 04/03/19 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by BigTxBassMan

thumb
Posted By: jcwebb70

Re: Trailer Shop - 04/03/19 11:49 PM

Mcgills in Lewsville

2nd McGills, got me in and out in a day.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Trailer Shop - 04/04/19 01:07 AM

I will 2nd that. They built me a new trailer for my Triton. Easy to work with and good price
Posted By: Patta-whack

Re: Trailer Shop - 04/04/19 03:19 AM

Mcgills in Lewsville

This^^^

Turned mine around same day and had new master cylinder and brake lines from the mc to the axle.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Trailer Shop - 04/04/19 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by Patta-whack
Mcgills in Lewsville

This^^^

Turned mine around same day and had new master cylinder and brake lines from the mc to the axle.

I'm in the same boat, so to speak... McGills did a 4 wheel trailer brake rebuild AND skeg repair in less than 48 hours!
Posted By: Len B 1

Re: Trailer Shop - 04/04/19 01:01 PM

Mcgills also. Reasonably priced and fast turnaround.
Posted By: AdvTX

Re: Trailer Shop - 04/04/19 01:12 PM

While this topic is up....I'm needing my trailer sandblasted and new fenders put on.

I need the trailer completely redone

Anyone recommendations?

thanks

Re: Trailer Shop - 04/04/19 01:44 PM

Roadmaster in Haltham City. They built me a new tandem axle trailer for my Ranger. They can do anything with a trailer. Excellent price and great to work with!
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Trailer Shop - 04/04/19 04:02 PM

Just got mine back from McGill’s in Lewisville, couldn’t ask for better service...
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Trailer Shop - 04/04/19 05:01 PM

I had a great experience with Roadmaster trailers in Haltom city. They built me a set of loaded axles in one day.
Posted By: GRUMPS

Re: Trailer Shop - 04/04/19 05:51 PM

If Texas Custom is the place just north of Decatur, yes they do good work or at least I've been pleased. I never can remember their name though.

Re: Trailer Shop - 04/04/19 06:24 PM

Thanks for all the input!

Originally Posted by GRUMPS
If Texas Custom is the place just north of Decatur, yes they do good work or at least I've been pleased. I never can remember their name though.

Yes Sir, they recently moved a little further north on 287.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Trailer Shop - 04/04/19 06:36 PM

I would just like to get a set of trailer lights that wont fill up with water, and then burn out !! on my forth pair in 5 years..
granted they have all been under warranty,..but come on man,.. realmad
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Trailer Shop - 04/07/19 03:35 AM

How much is "don't want to" worth to you? I priced what your want once and it was sticker shock eeks and I decided to do it all myself on winter intead, wasn't bad at all...
Posted By: bq77

Re: Trailer Shop - 04/12/19 10:57 PM

McGill’s provided me top notch service. Brake master cylinder and new bearings all 4 wheels. Repaired wiring. Less than 24 turn around with no reservation made.
Posted By: NTX Angler

Re: Trailer Shop - 04/13/19 12:40 AM

I did mine myself
On the side of the road
On the way to Houston
IT WAS FUN!

NOT!

Re: Trailer Shop - 04/13/19 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by Legend LE-195
How much is "don't want to" worth to you? I priced what your want once and it was sticker shock eeks and I decided to do it all myself on winter intead, wasn't bad at all...

Trust me, I do a ton of my own mechanical and maintenance work... like you, I will likely laugh at the quote and just do it at home.

I was just hoping I could get it done at a fair price...

Re: Trailer Shop - 04/13/19 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by letsgofishin
I did mine myself
On the side of the road
On the way to Houston
IT WAS FUN!

NOT!

I hope to never use my spare hubs and bearings....
Posted By: TX Strampion

Re: Trailer Shop - 04/13/19 04:47 AM

Another for McGill's. You may leave with a spare prop, though. They sometimes have some very good ones priced nicely... right next to the register. Lol
Posted By: Bigg Un

Re: Trailer Shop - 04/13/19 02:48 PM

Is there anyone on the east side of Dallas...might need to get some brake work done...
Posted By: ThatOneBigKid

Re: Trailer Shop - 04/15/19 08:48 PM

Another vote for the guys at Roadmaster. They built me a custom trailer for my Stratos 201 and I drove down from MN to pick it up last summer. Couldn't be happier and the guys could not have been easier or nicer to deal with!
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Trailer Shop - 04/15/19 10:01 PM

Roadmaster in Haltham City. They built me a new tandem axle trailer for my Ranger. They can do anything with a trailer. Excellent price and great to work with!

How much was it?
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Trailer Shop - 04/16/19 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by Chasin Hogs

How much was it?

They built a tandem with brakes, all led lights for my 21' Triton. $3500. They will custom build it with whatever you want.

Re: Trailer Shop - 04/16/19 02:31 AM

Mine was about $4000, but that included a swing away tongue, rear axle disc surge brakes, 5 aluminum wheels, diamond plate aluminum fenders, LED backup lights and metallic blue paint to match my boat. What I really liked about them was that all they build is boat trailers. They're not just somebody that builds cattle trailers and flat bed trailers and builds a boat trailer every once in a while.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum