Texas Fishing Forum

Running Ray Hubbard

Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Running Ray Hubbard - 03/20/19 03:47 PM

Wondering if I could get some input on running a few areas of Ray Hubbard. Is there a safe way to run the circled areas on the map? Specifically running from I-30 bridge to miller road bridge and from I-30 bridge to Hwy 66 bridge? I know there is timber in both areas. Wasn't sure if there was a safe route to run. Thanks in advance for any input! [Linked Image]
Posted By: SkeeterHawk

Re: Running Ray Hubbard - 03/20/19 05:49 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Running Ray Hubbard - 03/20/19 05:58 PM

The run from I-30 to 66. Big widow maker at the end of first arrow. Slow down in this area. Do not get too far left. Just keep a straight line to the 66 bridge keeping the timber on your left. Do not get too far right. It get shallow.

The run from I-30 to Miller Road bridge. Pretty clear shot. Stay right. Most of the timber is on the left until you get around the big point on the right.

About 100 yards before you get to the Miller Road bridge you will see timber on the right and left. Get off plane before you get to the timber.
There are stumps in the channel there.

You are at your own peril after Miller Road bridge. I don't run on plane in that area.
Posted By: dillydilly24

Re: Running Ray Hubbard - 03/20/19 07:03 PM

There’s no fish in the river stay down south

Re: Running Ray Hubbard - 03/20/19 07:35 PM

He didn't ask for the route to the river. That's a whole other story there. roflmao
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Running Ray Hubbard - 03/20/19 07:42 PM

T_ROSS can answer questions about the route to the river eeks it's a lower unit eating sob route!
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Running Ray Hubbard - 03/20/19 08:28 PM

Thanks guys. I'll pass on running to the river.
Posted By: TDR2

Re: Running Ray Hubbard - 03/20/19 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by SkeeterRonnie
T_ROSS can answer questions about the route to the river eeks it's a lower unit eating sob route!

barf It is indeed!
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Running Ray Hubbard - 03/20/19 09:24 PM

Not so sure what is so hard about getting up in the river...I came from the West side thru the timber and never got off plane.

Oh yeah I was in a jet drive... bolt
Posted By: Ian Fellenbaum

Re: Running Ray Hubbard - 03/21/19 01:18 AM

With the water level where it's at, you should be fine where ever you want to run. Just avoid the visible trees. You can pretty much tell where the "forest" are. If you go south there is a big stump in the mouth of the cove above rush creek.( can't remember the name of the cove)
Posted By: Tracker Tim

Re: Running Ray Hubbard - 03/21/19 01:28 AM

River area is like a social media circle jerk. Best fishing area ruined by YouTube and Facebook. Stay south of I-30.
Posted By: Clark3

Re: Running Ray Hubbard - 03/21/19 01:34 AM

I’ll be up in the river Friday practicing for TTO and sticking every fish I can until 4 pm then getting off the lake. Won’t be there Saturday!
Posted By: BigVes

Re: Running Ray Hubbard - 03/21/19 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by Clark3
I’ll be up in the river Friday practicing for TTO and sticking every fish I can until 4 pm then getting off the lake. Won’t be there Saturday!

This guy.... lol. There's other areas better producing on the lake right now!
Posted By: Chris Borden

Re: Running Ray Hubbard - 03/21/19 02:57 AM

So you’re saying the river fish are safe Friday! I spent a day north of 30 and a day south. Whoever wins it will be done south of 30!
Posted By: Chaparro75

Re: Running Ray Hubbard - 03/21/19 04:55 AM

Y’all having a tournament this weekend at ray Hubbard?
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Running Ray Hubbard - 03/21/19 01:15 PM

Sweet
Posted By: dillydilly24

Re: Running Ray Hubbard - 03/21/19 02:24 PM

Everyone just needs to fish 30 and the river on Saturday.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Running Ray Hubbard - 03/23/19 01:44 AM

We ran all over that lake from the river to the dam and didn't touch a stump. I'm pretty sure if you dont see it, it ain't there.
Posted By: BigVes

Re: Running Ray Hubbard - 03/23/19 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by WAWI
We ran all over that lake from the river to the dam and didn't touch a stump. I'm pretty sure if you dont see it, it ain't there.

Mostly true but definitely wouldn't just run anywhere you don't see a stump
Posted By: n_fish

Re: Running Ray Hubbard - 03/23/19 01:12 PM

Good thing the lake is at full pool.
Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: Running Ray Hubbard - 03/23/19 01:56 PM

watch out for floating turds and tampons
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Running Ray Hubbard - 03/23/19 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Skeeter man ZX225
watch out for floating turds and tampons

Don’t forget all the drug paraphernalia.
Posted By: JCBfromTHF

Re: Running Ray Hubbard - 03/23/19 04:06 PM

Saw a guy running wide open from 190 to Rowlett Road this morning right down the middle of that part of the lake. He has no clue what he just did unless his lower unit found one of the thousands of stumps in his way. No idea if he actually made it or not because I was in my truck going across the bridge. I said a prayer for him though.
Posted By: JCBfromTHF

Re: Running Ray Hubbard - 03/23/19 04:09 PM

I don't know what tournament is out there today but there must be a lot of out of towners based on where I am seeing people fish.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Running Ray Hubbard - 03/23/19 04:22 PM

My buddy just moved right by hubbard we fished it couple weeks ago and this will defiantly help him some next time he goes, I wasn't much help since I usually fish south. Thanks for posting.
Posted By: n_fish

Re: Running Ray Hubbard - 03/23/19 04:34 PM

TTO has a tournament there today
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Running Ray Hubbard - 05/13/19 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Tracker Tim
River area is like a social media circle jerk. Best fishing area ruined by YouTube and Facebook. Stay south of I-30.

Actually back in 90's Barry Stokes put that area on the map. Used be really quiet and secluded
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum