Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Fork restaurants

Posted By: skeeterokc

Lake Fork restaurants - 03/01/19 04:29 PM

My son, grandson (6), friend, his son (6) and myself are going to Lake Fork. grin
Would like some recommendations for restaurants in the area for dinner.
Mexican, burger or steak house would be nice.
Plan on eating lunch at Lake Fork Marina and Oak Ridge Marina.

Thanks in advance
Posted By: rickys

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/01/19 04:39 PM

Quitman has a couple pretty good places to eat at, and it's not too far (Red Dome Smokehouse, and there's a mexican joint but I can't recall the name). I like eating at the Minow Bucket too.
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/01/19 04:40 PM

without going to Quitman, Yantis and Emory there are at least 11 restaurants around the lake including the two you mentioned.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/01/19 04:40 PM

My first choice would be Seth's and every choice after that would be Seth's
I can smell that bread pudding from here.
Posted By: bassinbiker

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/01/19 04:45 PM

We usually stay close to Oak Ridge, so we eat there, LFM, and at Bro's.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/01/19 04:46 PM

The Friday night Prime Rib Special at Lake Fork Marina gets my vote for best meal in the entire area... with Bro's crawfish being a close second.
Posted By: cobryan: OB'S Guide Service

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/01/19 04:47 PM

Bro's Patio next to the Fisherman' s one stop on HWY 155 is pretty good as well. Just check and make sure they are open as the restaurant is seasonal.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Zach Hughes

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/01/19 04:47 PM

Seth’s
Veronas
Oakridge
Bro’s
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/01/19 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Lake Fork Guide Zach Hughes
Seth’s
Veronas
Oakridge
Bro’s

This!

El Mana in Emory is good Mexican food as well.
Posted By: jhadaway117

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/01/19 04:51 PM

Why isn't anyone talking about AJ's Fish House? bolt
Posted By: Pumadon

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/01/19 04:54 PM

Verona’s - Italian pretty decent
A J’s - all you can eat fried buffet - catfish, shrimp and other things
Don’t know how far you want to drive to eat, but if willing there is a really good restaurant south of Wills Point, called Four Winds. The owner used to be the head chef at Del Frisco’s. Dress is nice casual.
For me, Tiffany’s or Oak Ridge are more than adequate for all the everyday meals.
Posted By: jcg1970

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/01/19 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by jhadaway117

^^^^^^^^^^^^ Fo Sho!!! I know you didn't mention fish in the original post, but my wife and I love this place. Especially the pecan cobbler covered in the soft-serve ice cream!!

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/01/19 05:16 PM

Bro's catfish will make you throw rocks at AJ's!
Posted By: LA Ron

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/01/19 06:05 PM

Seth's for sure. Just plan on getting there early on Friday or Saturday or your in for a long wait. Verona's has an excellent pizza. Everything at Bro's is good you may have a wait there but they get you through pretty quick.
Posted By: metalman BDB

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/01/19 08:03 PM

Downtown Quitman on the sq has a nice place. I think they changed names/ownership but we have ate there 2 times and both were good. It looks upscale but you can walk in with flip flops I don't think they care. Bro's and Seths are really good also. I'd get a double order of Gumbo from bro's if I went their. Verona's is more dress up also but again...walk in white trashy if you want to. Like mentioned the pizza is good.

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/01/19 08:48 PM

Verona’s, the pizza is awesome.
But try the angel hair spaghetti with meat sauce, meat balls, Italian sausage, and mushrooms........you’ll thank me later!
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/01/19 09:17 PM

Also Verona's will stay open for you just incase you end up sitting out on the deck of the trailer overlooking the lake and realize you have been overserved by your buddies and Verona's closes in 10 minutes. Thank you Verona
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/01/19 11:05 PM

I don't see the hype about Seth's. We went there once. Kitchen was beyond nasty. Couldn't see how it passed health inspection. Food was decent. Never considered going back. Maybe it's improved?
Posted By: cali kid

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/01/19 11:25 PM

EB's Barbecue
Posted By: Can't fish

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/01/19 11:40 PM

I guess I'll be number 6 to tell you Seth's.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/02/19 01:49 AM

Bro’s crawfish and catfish is absolutely awesome last time I was there.
Posted By: Rocky Robison

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/02/19 06:30 AM

If you want catfish, do yourself a favor and drive up to Miller Grove and go to Stacey's.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/02/19 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Fishspanker
I don't see the hype about Seth's. We went there once. Kitchen was beyond nasty. Couldn't see how it passed health inspection. Food was decent. Never considered going back. Maybe it's improved?

Guess I will be number two to say Seth’s sucks. Have no idea what I’m missing but I don’t get it. Been there threes times trying to figure out what I’m missing and still can’t figure it out.

Someone break it down so I will understand!
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/02/19 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by bloo_rainger

Guess I will be number two to say Seth’s sucks. Have no idea what I’m missing but I don’t get it. Been there threes times trying to figure out what I’m missing and still can’t figure it out.

I have a couple of buddies that swear by the place, if they get within 30 miles of it they will make it a point to go eat there, they sent me pics from there a couple weeks ago, the two of them had enough food on the table to feed 6, lol.

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/02/19 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Happykamper
Originally Posted by bloo_rainger

I have a couple of buddies that swear by the place, if they get within 30 miles of it they will make it a point to go eat there, they sent me pics from there a couple weeks ago, the two of them had enough food on the table to feed 6, lol.

It doesn’t compare to your place. I know what I’m talking about....
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/02/19 07:45 PM

East Fork.
Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/02/19 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by cali kid
EB's Barbecue

Yep, and don't forget Moser's!
Posted By: Captain Chunk

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/02/19 09:57 PM

Big Mouth Burger in Emory.
El Manna for Mexican in Emory.
Never had anything bad from Verona.

East Texas Burger Company in Mineola is good too but a bit of a drive.
Posted By: Pumadon

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/03/19 12:59 AM

No longer Moser’s. It is now called Tiffany’s.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/03/19 01:31 AM

The restaurant at Lake Fork Resort has a good breakfast, Tiffany has a good lunch and supper with pie like grandmas. Me and my wife go to The Jalapeño Tree in Mineola for Mexican food.
Posted By: LakeForkLodge

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/03/19 01:36 AM

Sidekicks in Emory. You'll thank me later.

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/03/19 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by LakeForkLodge
Sidekicks in Emory. You'll thank me later.

Always wonder why Sidekicks never gets mentioned. Their pretty solid...
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/03/19 02:50 AM

Seth’s should change their name to Salt’s. Too much salt in their food. Also, don’t look in the kitchen when the door swings open. You might get sick to your stomach. It is nasty back there.

Red Dome sucks, too. AJ’s Fish House if you like everything fried. I ate there....once.

I like Oak Ridge and Tiffany’s at Lake Fork Marina. Never been to Bro’s but many rave about it.

Verona’s for a good Italian meal in a nice environment.

Hope you catch some bigguns.
Posted By: Beast From The East

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/03/19 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by jhadaway117

Because the op didn’t mention wanting to be able to flush through a screen door.
Posted By: jerkinlips

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/03/19 02:30 PM

Can’t go wrong with Veronas or Seth’s
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/03/19 06:39 PM

Bro’s for Crawfish.
Posted By: Tuckerwoods

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/03/19 07:30 PM

One of the two buddies your talking about is related to Seth(by marriage) and the other is a pretty good judge in food. Seths place is obviously not the greatest to look at. I will say that is what is appealing to his place! The food is good to real good, the service is real good, the wait on Friday and Saturday is the challenge, but the fact that you can BYOB and the crawfish are better than most is what he has going for him!
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/03/19 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Tuckerwoods
One of the two buddies your talking about is related to Seth(by marriage) and the other is a pretty good judge in food. Seths place is obviously not the greatest to look at. I will say that is what is appealing to his place! The food is good to real good, the service is real good, the wait on Friday and Saturday is the challenge, but the fact that you can BYOB and the crawfish are better than most is what he has going for him!

Sounds good enough for me, would like to try it out sometime, especially the mud bugs.
Posted By: olducker

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/03/19 11:02 PM

there is another Mexican food choice in Emory.. Dos Charros. they have a great Sunday all you can eat buffet.- during the week they also have some interesting seafood items on their menu. They have a seafood stuffed rejano with a seafood stuffed enchilada covered in lobster sauce.. very good. Daily lunch specials as well. I don't get their lack of popularity..
El mana is crowded and this place is barely getting by. I am new to the area so I have no prejudice towards any of the restaurants. I like Side kicks as well .. you can not beat a lunch special with 3 vegetables and tea for 7.50.... the chicken fried steak is pretty darn good especially at the price...the hamburger there is above average. Do not confuse Side kicks the restaurant with the bar/restaurant near Brookshires.. I tried the steak there I found it below average.. Senior Frogs near the Dairy Queen in Emory has a "mexican burger" it was surprisingly good. and came with a nice order of fries.. This burger has a grilled sliced hotdog on top of the burger...they do not have ice tea just bottle drinks.. There is a new place in Mineola called all American fried.. have very good reports from there.. will try soon.. oh, Seth's well, I liked Seth's .. I am not totally convinced and will be going back .. but overall most of what we ordered was good.. here again I will return and report back.. The BBQ place in Emory (circle K?) has not been too great in the past visits.. however we gave it another try last week and was pleasantly surprised.. friendly staff. they now have Pittsburgh hot links if you are a fan. ( an acquired taste for sure) I like them.. the beans were better and the brisket was not as dry as before. serving portion still a little small.. Big mouth burger was a good burger and I liked the fried macaroni and cheese bites. friendly place but .. the burger at side kicks is bigger and maybe better..
Posted By: yandeltx

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/03/19 11:58 PM

I see EB’s mentioned, is it still open? I had many a meal in there in the late 80’s.
Posted By: jvc58dke

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/04/19 01:21 AM

Tony B's in Quitman (on the courthouse square) has very good food if you are up for a bit of a nicer East Texas restaurant.
Posted By: ForkedJames

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/04/19 01:23 AM

No EB passed some years back I think. EB is not working it for some years for sure. It has tried many times since none lasted. Someone has it open now haven't tried it myself just seen it.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/04/19 01:31 AM

At the lake I would choose Lake Fork diner located on FM 17 right down the road from Veronas. Fantastic breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Veronas if you like Italian or pizza. Their pizza is fantastic.
Seth if you like cajin.
Bro's when craw fish are in season. I don't think they are open now with craw fish.
Oakridge is good for lunch because you can park your boat on the bank and go in.
Prime rib and chicken salad is good at Lake Fork Marina.
Dons home cooking is good also located in Emory.
Posted By: skins84

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/07/19 01:09 AM

Don's Restaurant in Emory definitely worth a stop. Chicken fried chicken and chicken fried steak are good and they have some big pork chops now that are really good. And the buffet is always solid.
Posted By: ZX4545

Re: Lake Fork restaurants - 03/07/19 06:33 PM

TONY B's .... They have a filet mignon that is cooked sous vide that will amaze! Shrimp & grits is also excellent.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum