Texas Fishing Forum

New TH marine cull system

Posted By: Clark3

New TH marine cull system - 02/23/19 02:02 AM

If this has been posted already then disregard. Anyone see the new Gforce culling system? Saw Gerald post a video with it and see it on their website but says unavailable. Looks much more user friendly since it’s high strength alligator clips
Posted By: Walls

Re: New TH marine cull system - 02/23/19 02:31 AM

They've got it on TW. I've used the Cal Coast 2.0 for about a year now and I'm happy with it.
Posted By: 78Staff

Re: New TH marine cull system - 02/23/19 02:42 AM

At St. Johns Bass event, it seemed like everyone was using the T&H brand, but online I see nothing but complaints about them... odd.

I started with the AccuCull Elites since I am a non-boater and they are the least bulky, but recently changed over to The Cal Coast 2.0 for the the floats, plus they seem easier to attach and release than the Elites.
Posted By: Choogie Chunker

Re: New TH marine cull system - 02/23/19 02:46 AM

I switched my metal clips to the Cal Coast retro and like em. Quite easy to use and hold well.
Posted By: DEFMP

Re: New TH marine cull system - 02/23/19 02:59 AM

I have them and love them. It's a two hand system, not one, but still easy to attach. One tip is to store them closed, it makes closing them easier around the fish's lip.

Re: New TH marine cull system - 02/23/19 03:05 AM

Are you sure you’re referring to the new gforce tag system?

Re: New TH marine cull system - 02/23/19 03:08 AM

It’s the gen 2 i have the current gforce system andnit sucks I went Back to sticking holes in their mouth It was so bad
This system looks much more user friendly

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SWH

Re: New TH marine cull system - 02/23/19 03:38 AM

That seems really expensive for a few harbor freight clamps and a piece of tubing
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: New TH marine cull system - 02/23/19 04:52 AM

Been using the Qwik 8 set for a little over a year now...no complaints.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: New TH marine cull system - 02/24/19 03:21 AM

I have Cal coast version 1.0. I like Them a lot. I’ve had zero issues w them. A friend liked mine and tried to get them but got 2.0 version and they are small and harder to use, he’s always trying to trade me.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: New TH marine cull system - 02/24/19 04:25 AM

Those look like junk really. Cal coast is way better. What will be bad on those is the end is so big it will keep their mouth so open it could kill them. That was the problem with the 1st gen cal coast and why they made the 2nd gen smaller and better
Posted By: Choogie Chunker

Re: New TH marine cull system - 02/24/19 08:23 PM

My 2.0 cal coast are much easier and to use than the metal clips and I have fairly large hands and fingers. I can see where they might be a little harder for someone with very big fingers though. The seem to do well on the fish too but I haven’t had them but a month or so.
Posted By: ZxrBOOTEN87

Re: New TH marine cull system - 02/26/19 06:10 PM

I have the Quik 8 they are very good and ease of use is great
Posted By: DEFMP

Re: New TH marine cull system - 02/26/19 08:06 PM

Yea I have the gen 1 TH conservation cull system, and I love them. They take a little getting used to, but once figured out they work great. I've been using them for a year now with no issues. Never had one fall off either, or a fish die due to stress which was an issue with other brands.
Posted By: Ian Fellenbaum

Re: New TH marine cull system - 02/26/19 08:33 PM

Has anyone used the accu cull tags?
Posted By: TritonFlipper

Re: New TH marine cull system - 02/26/19 08:38 PM

Hope they are better than the other ones
Posted By: jcg1970

Re: New TH marine cull system - 02/26/19 09:05 PM

I have this one and I am not too happy with it. The clips are difficult to apply and they seem to fall out of the fish's mouth somehow. I haven't used it long, so the mistake may be on my end. If anyone has pointers, I am all ears!

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/T-H...4UL2NaWOi7wWoVQdUYdYCp0hnWwaAjITEALw_wcB
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: New TH marine cull system - 02/26/19 09:13 PM

The cull tags that came with my insanely inaccurate Berkley scale work well. Haven't had any fall off yet. Then again my nickname is the dink dumpster so take it for what it's worth.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum