Texas Fishing Forum

Falcon Tourney

Posted By: Tr24512

Falcon Tourney - 02/21/19 01:49 AM

Winds expected 25 mph. I'm thinking it will be a trailering day. What do y'all think?
Posted By: Will.i.am

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/21/19 02:13 AM

If outta the north you wont be fishing the dam with 25mph winds on Falcon.
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/21/19 02:32 AM

I could go either way on it. It will definately be snotty but not unrunable at 25.
Posted By: 04champ

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/21/19 03:30 AM

just another day on the lake
Posted By: Walls

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/21/19 04:13 AM

It's not like Amistad, few options on ramps. If it blows, I hope for the guys wanting to fish south that they do trailer, but it will still suck for those guys. You won't be able to effectively fish the dam after about 10am according to the forecast I trust. And for those folks running to Tigres from either direction, the ride back will be brutal. But it will be held, someone will catch em and win 20k. Prayers of safety for all.
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/21/19 11:12 AM

I ain't fishing Champs but we're pulling outta here as soon as I finish up the paperwork on the porcelain goddess. Four days! Wind be damned!! Here we come!!
Posted By: Walls

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/21/19 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by fivebites
I ain't fishing Champs but we're pulling outta here as soon as I finish up the paperwork on the porcelain goddess. Four days! Wind be damned!! Here we come!!

Why not fish Champs? Just curious.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/21/19 05:05 PM

Why would anyone fish it simple mathematics. the pay back is terrible same as every other fishing tourney.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/21/19 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa
Why would anyone fish it simple mathematics. the pay back is terrible same as every other fishing tourney.

How is it terrible? I think Champs averages paying back more than 100% of the entries fees over the course of all of their events. Is the total payout what you don't like or are you wanting more money spread around further down the placements Bernie Sanders style?
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/21/19 06:11 PM

Lol
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/21/19 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Chris G

How is it terrible? I think Champs averages paying back more than 100% of the entries fees over the course of all of their events. Is the total payout what you don't like or are you wanting more money spread around further down the placements Bernie Sanders style?

Are you sure about that, Chris?

http://www.basschamps.com/web/2019/images/19scheduleimage.jpg

Looking at their Lake Fork example, they pay $63,500 in total against entries of $72,000.
Posted By: Jobie99

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/21/19 06:46 PM

Lol, Jeff are you trying to increase your chances? I just called BC and spoke to David. He said right now they are watching the weather closely, but planning on fishing. David also said option B, would be a trailering event which will be determined Friday evening. As far as my chances, the crappier the weather the better. I like a good grind👍
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/21/19 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Dubee

Lol

roflmao

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/21/19 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jobie99
Lol, Jeff are you trying to increase your chances? I just called BC and spoke to David. He said right now they are watching the weather closely, but planning on fishing. David also said option B, would be a trailering event which will be determined Friday evening. As far as my chances, the crappier the weather the better. I like a good grind👍

My chances at what? I’ve been on falcon since Jan 7th I dont need to pay to enter a tournament to fish. Beating a bunch of people I dont Know doesn’t appeal to me at this time.

I do Fish some club tourneys mostly for the comraderie etc. I fished W lake fork anglers my second day to fork last year and finished in the money and gave that back to them for club use.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/21/19 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by fouzman

Looking at their Lake Fork example, they pay $63,500 in total against entries of $72,000.

Yep. Cash and Prizes paid back for the North Region last year were as follows. I'm sure if you back out the prizes the cash would come up short of the total entries but I don't know how anyone cold complain about a circuit paying back an average of 100%+ each and every week even if some of it are prizes vs cash.

Cedar Creek:
Total Collected: $60,600
Total Payback (C&P): $63,900
Payback Percentage: 105%

Tawakoni:
Total Collected: $56,400
Total Payback (C&P): $57,700
Payback Percentage: 102%

Ray Roberts:
Total Collected: $63,300
Total Payback (C&P): $63,850
Payback Percentage: 99%

Forks:
Total Collected: $90,900
Total Payback (C&P): $90,350
Posted By: fishnfireman

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/21/19 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by 5X3Phoenix

Originally Posted by fivebites

Why not fish Champs? Just curious.

If he left this morning to fish "four days" odds are they will fish this afternoon Friday Sat. and Sunday. Which would DQ them for BC.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/21/19 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by fouzman

Yep. Cash and Prizes paid back for the North Region last year were as follows. I'm sure if you back out the prizes the cash would come up short of the total entries but I don't know how anyone cold complain about a circuit paying back an average of 100%+ each and every week even if some of it are prizes vs cash.

Cedar Creek:
Total Collected: $60,600
Total Payback (C&P): $63,900
Payback Percentage: 105%

Tawakoni:
Total Collected: $56,400
Total Payback (C&P): $57,700
Payback Percentage: 102%

Ray Roberts:
Total Collected: $63,300
Total Payback (C&P): $63,850

Forks:
Total Collected: $90,900
Total Payback (C&P): $90,350

Thanks for that, Chris.
Posted By: Jobie99

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/21/19 07:14 PM

Oh yea, I’ve seen you posting down there for a while. lucky dog!

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/21/19 08:07 PM

Just announced trailering for Saturday.

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/21/19 09:15 PM

[quote=Jobie99]Lol, Jeff are you trying to increase your chances? I just called BC and spoke to David. He said right now they are watching the weather closely, but planning on fishing. David also said option B, would be a trailering event which will be determined Friday evening. As far as my chances, the crappier the weather the better. I like a good grind👍

My chances at what? I’ve been on falcon since Jan 7th I dont need to pay to enter a tournament to fish. Beating a bunch of people I dont Know doesn’t appeal to me at this time.

Pretty confident there, aren’t you Jeff!

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/21/19 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by leethefishking
[quote=Jobie99]Lol, Jeff are you trying to increase your chances? I just called BC and spoke to David. He said right now they are watching the weather closely, but planning on fishing. David also said option B, would be a trailering event which will be determined Friday evening. As far as my chances, the crappier the weather the better. I like a good grind👍

Pretty confident there, aren’t you Jeff!

Shut up lee your the one who is afraid of Mexican fisherman and wants to spread fear on here on most falcon fishing threads. but your supposedly gonna run lake falcon when there are 25mph winds. Haha. Hope your wearing your tinfoil hat to go with your tinfoil retirement badge to protect you.

Nothing to be confident about ding dong I could care less about tourneys as I clearly stated you think your smart can’t you follow along?!

I found the ignore option enjoy!

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/21/19 09:59 PM

I assure you, I have run it in worse than 25. But as always Jeff you endear yourself to those of us on the Texas Fishing Forum even making fun of what many consider to be a noble profession. Makes me wonder how you treat people on the Iowa fishing forum.
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/21/19 10:02 PM

Well that escalated quickly.

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/21/19 10:26 PM

I fail to Understand why he would reply to me. I made It clear when he pm last Jan or feb to explain how I was So wrong about how dangerous Zapata is bla bla bla.

Originally Posted by RedRaider3933
Posted By: DBFishing83

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/21/19 11:16 PM

*** Dang --- I am late to this party """
roflmao
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/21/19 11:32 PM

That’s why Ol Jeff got chit canned off Bass boat central, twice.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/21/19 11:33 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 12:10 AM

Here is exactly what I sent you last year Jeff. I did that to try to help you be safe, because that’s what I do. Nothing more.

Jeff, after 22 years in law enforcement you are the first person that has ever accused me of being fearful. What some on here won't tell you is a fisherman was murdered in that same creek last year. An American fisherman. Believe me I fish the creek but I damn sure have my head on a swivel Just because people who have a monetary interest in the lake tell you it's safe don't believe everything you read. It's a major drug corridor, on that you can be sure.
Posted By: Tr24512

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 12:10 AM

Wow! I just wanted to find out if it is Going to be trailered! Always some interesting stuff on this forum. 😂

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by 21xs Elite

That’s why Ol Jeff got chit canned off Bass boat central, twice.

“He got kicked off bbc for telling people who buy Phoenix Boats that they can mount two units on the dash as designed by Phoenix and that they don’t need to buy 500$ mounts (from bbc sponsors)that do nothing but add weight to the factory designed dual shroud.”

Fixed it for you.

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 12:34 AM

Is lee still posting to me? Lee I ignored You I dont Need to read your bs. I’m sure just like last time I disagreed with you your trying to rally the troops to gang up on me....

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 12:59 AM

can we at least get an update on how many people are scared of running the lake?

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 01:03 AM

I want to hear about the fisherman killed on falcon

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 01:05 AM

you should look into installing Google

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 01:11 AM

I
Originally Posted by Dubee
I want to hear about the fisherman killed on falcon
Robbery in which one guy shot and killed, second guy bailed and hid in the water. He was later rescued and survived. About two years ago in the mouth of Salinias.

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 01:11 AM

Dec 8, 2016

Robbery, maybe

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by 04champ
you should look into installing Google

I looked it up and remember it now. Sounds iffy just like it did then

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 01:33 AM

Probably a drug deal gone bad.

Zapata is so scary the old lady in a rv a few spots down has this is America speak English stickers on the back of her mini van.

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 01:47 AM

Probably a drug deal gone bad.

Zapata is so scary the old lady in a rv a few spots down has this is America speak English stickers on the back of her mini van.
I never once said Zapata is scary. What I said was keep your head on a swivel in Salinias. Your right Jeff I’m a terrible horrible person for advising a person new to the area to be careful.

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 01:57 AM

I think Jeff should just enter Champs and show us how bad he is down there. His post on a previous thread a week or so ago told us about his whopping three fish average he was having. He already stated in this post he would beat everyone there but wouldn’t enter because of the low payouts, as good as he says he is he should be cashing 20k and nothing less.
Posted By: RCarter

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 02:06 AM

I think at the very least Jeff and Lee ought to meet each other face to face this weekend........let everyone know where and when

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 02:28 AM

I think Jeff should just enter Champs and show us how bad he is down there. His post on a previous thread a week or so ago told us about his whopping three fish average he was having. He already stated in this post he would beat everyone there but wouldn’t enter because of the low payouts, as good as he says he is he should be cashing 20k and nothing less.

How desperate are you for more entrants/donors?!

Where have I said I was a good fisherman?

I’m sorry your offended at my laughing my [censored] off at tourneys where 10% get paid and 90% act like they are fishing for a living or income.

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by RCarter
I think at the very least Jeff and Lee ought to meet each other face to face this weekend........let everyone know where and when

Lee would talk me to death. I’m a retired law enforcement bla bla bla.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 02:32 AM

I think he should go back to Iowa! Complaining because Lee warned him to be observant... hammer
Posted By: dillydilly24

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 02:34 AM

Revert back to your comment at 7:02 yesterday ......
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by 04champ
can we at least get an update on how many people are scared of running the lake?

Scared as in from driving through 4’ waves? Or from potential issues on the Mexican side?

We went many years ago and speared a wave, rolled over the whole front deck. Then speared one on the next wave, about poo’d myself and we turned around. Horrible lake on a north wind.

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by RCarter

Lee would talk me to death. I’m a retired law enforcement bla bla bla.
I’m far from retired. Plan on doing 30, so 7 more to go.

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 02:40 AM

How desperate are you for more entrants/donors?!

Where have I said I was a good fisherman?

I’m sorry your offended at my laughing my [censored] off at tourneys where 10% get paid and 90% act like they are fishing for a living or income.

Your second post on this thread said “ beating a bunch of people I don’t know doesn’t appeal to me “ ring a bell? I could careless if you enter or not, wouldn’t bother me if you and your douche nozzle head back to Iowa and stay.

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 02:44 AM

roflmao
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 03:02 AM

And here I thought I was the only mean and hateful one on this forum....I can contribute to the thread, though. Ask tejasbasshunter about our 25mi ride from the dam to the County ramp in 35-40mph wind one day. My rear still hurts and that was 6 years ago.

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 03:05 AM

[quote=21xs Elite]I think Jeff should just enter Champs and show us how bad he is down there. His post on a previous thread a week or so ago told us about his whopping .

Your second post on this thread said “ beating a bunch of people I don’t know doesn’t appeal to me “ ring a bell? I could careless if you enter or not, wouldn’t bother me if you and your douche nozzle head back to Iowa and stay.

Haha quote the rest of the post or is it too complicated for you to comprehend? Tourney fishing doesn’t do anything for me as I clearly Said.

23 seasons of oval track racing was enough competition for me. I just Quit that 3 years ago when I’m a crotchety old man I may Decide to tourney fish but that’s probably 20 years away.

Fishing is just fishing. Nobody’s making a living from tourney payout. Not even kvd.

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 03:34 AM

[quote=21xs Elite]I think Jeff should just enter Champs and show us how bad he is down there. His post on a previous thread a week or so ago told us about his whopping .

Haha quote the rest of the post or is it too complicated for you to comprehend? Tourney fishing doesn’t do anything for me as I clearly Said.

23 seasons of oval track racing was enough competition for me. I just Quit that 3 years ago when I’m a crotchety old man I may Decide to tourney fish but that’s probably 20 years away.

Fishing is just fishing. Nobody’s making a living from tourney payout. Not even kvd.

I know all about racing, qualified three times for the Boone supernationals in a modified, the list goes on. No need in quoting the rest, that one sentence said it all, it’s easy to comprehend someone like you.
Posted By: 21elite

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 03:50 AM

I love this place !

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 12:51 PM

What a mess

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 12:59 PM

Jeff, you and Lee go to your rooms, NOW.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RedEar12

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 01:03 PM

All it needs is a DH Craylic, Halloween Blade, and mapping recommendation.
Posted By: BoomBoom

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 02:14 PM

I know all about racing, qualified three times for the Boone supernationals in a modified, the list goes on. No need in quoting the rest, that one sentence said it all, it’s easy to comprehend someone like you.

I'm gonna derail this thread! smile Have a friend who I grew up with that builds modifieds and still races. You ever hear of Jet Racing????

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 02:38 PM

Johnny the Jet Saathof, I ran a jet mod until I went to Larry Shaw race cars.

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 02:42 PM

Too cool, loved watching IMCA racing! Big WoO fan too.

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by BoomBoom

Too cool, loved watching IMCA racing! Big WoO fan too.

I traveled with Dave Blaney when he drove that Ford for Casey Luna in the Outlaws.

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 03:12 PM

Awesome! Remembered Dave when he ran for Gary Stanton. His brother Dale is a great dude. I tried to hit Knoxville every year for the Nationals. Haven't been in a long time. Can't believe Slammin' Sam is still behind the wheel.

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 03:16 PM

Sammy loaned me a motor years ago at the Devils Bowl when he drove the black TMC CAR! Knoxville was fun but I really enjoyed the Pennsylvania swing, the PA posse evened out the playing field. Bad deal loosing Hreg and Jason last year.

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 05:06 PM

Just got me a $ 2000.00 prize winning hunting dog.

Yes Sir; traded four $ 500.00 cats for him. pollo
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 05:41 PM

Your wife still looking for her kitty cats. clap

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 06:30 PM

I plead the fifth. hung
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by RedEar12
All it needs is a DH Craylic, Halloween Blade, and mapping recommendation.

I am glad you understand marketing skills and at least have those 3, never leave home without them, stuck in the back of your mind.

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/22/19 11:11 PM

marketing, scamming, same thing amirite
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/23/19 01:16 AM

All Naysayers believe they are right when their foot doesn't fit the shoe.
Posted By: Buddyv

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/23/19 01:42 AM

Only on TTF can we go from a Falcon tournament to race cars...LoL

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/23/19 12:39 PM

Ya'll hear about Robert Kraft ?
Posted By: 361V

Re: Falcon Tourney - 02/23/19 02:03 PM

Hey, y’all shut em up! thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum